Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vintage Winged Runabout - $200 (near Albany NY)

Vintage Winged Runabout - $200 (near Albany NY) 13 years 5 months ago #31175

Now this looks like a real deal! Very cool looking boat...

Date: 2011-05-02, 12:11PM EDT

Reply to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1960 Vintage 15 ft. Runabout made by Span America for Montgomery Ward , Sold as Sea King . Boat is 100% water tight , No holes or soft spots. It would be an easy restoration and a real eyecatcher ! The Boat is rated for up to a 60 hp motor , But most people ran the Evinrude 40 hp in 1960 & 1961. There is no Motor on the boat at this time . The boat sits on a Heavy Dudy 1961 Sea King Trailer , tires hold air but are weather checked. This would be a great father son restoration on a Vintage Winged Runabout ! Call Steve anytime 518- Four 3 Four-0602

Pics here: albany.craigslist.org/boa/2358017728.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Vintage Winged Runabout - $200 (near Albany NY) 13 years 5 months ago #31176

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
that is a cool little boat.

Re:Vintage Winged Runabout - $200 (near Albany NY) 13 years 5 months ago #31177

If I had the cash, it would be mine! Watervliet is right up the street so to speak too. Boat could be stored at my place till pick up arranged.

Frank

Re:Vintage Winged Runabout - $200 (near Albany NY) 13 years 5 months ago #31211

I'm guessing my '61 Tower of Power 800fgs would be too much for it then!?!?! Of course with those wings it might literally "FLY" :woohoo:

Bob

Re:Vintage Winged Runabout - $200 (near Albany NY) 13 years 5 months ago #31256

I've always thought more power is a good thing Bob...

Frank

Re:Vintage Winged Runabout - $200 (near Albany NY) 13 years 4 months ago #31632

I rarly get time to post anything anymore do to being so busy at the shop restoring boats. But the Seaking Spans are kinda rare and were produced from 59 to 61 only after that Seakings were Starcrafts. So I decided to let you know the story behind these two boats its a interesting story of family owned boats.

Glad Frank put this up or I would not have caught this one. As many of you guys know I started collecting Span America boats long ago. So I have a interest in them to this day and still own over 20 of them. The reason I am making this post is I got to talk to steve about his boat some and also his dads boat he bought new and still has. Both are seaking boats made by Span America in 1959 but steves is a VIP model while his dads is a Skiette. Both are very rare as spans but as seakings they may be the only original ones known today. I follow these very closely so I know who has what. Also Gale motors are on the rare side too. The 1959 Skiette was bought new with a 60hp Gale and from the pictures steve sent me the boat is beautiful and very original. Sence our talk Steve has decided to keep them both. He had no idea what he had to start with but now he and his family is excited about keeping a piece of family history. As I explained to him to have a boat that has been in yor family over 50 years is a rare thing. I got my grandfathers 59 alumacraft queen marrie back a few years ago myself. Many have told me how rare that is today.
Cowboy

If I can get steves permission I will post some of the pics he shared with me later.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7530 guests and one member online