Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information

New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31009

Hello guys and Gals!
I am new to the glass retro thing but have been going at it now sence Nov 2010 very hard.I love this site and have been visiting now for a while. And am very thankful that it is here.
I have completed 3 boats so Far this winter.
1957 15ft Lonestar
1962 Lugar That is the Yellow and Black one that NotSoFast put on the forum.
1963 Texas maid

still to do list;
1963 speed boat
1958? 59dont know? Spitfire shark? and it looks just like a RedFish?
Barn find for 100$

Can anyone please help with the history on Spitfires and how come it looks just like a Redfish Shark?
I tried and couldn't really find anything that was of any help. Other then everybody was stealing the Redfish idea and making copies.
Anyway thanks guys and love the site.
I will post more of the completed projects and the ones I'm working so make sure to check them out.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31012

Wow. That is going at it hard! Please post some pictures of your completed work. I have just been gearing up since last summer to start my renovation. I am about to rip into the transom of my '59RF.

I have never heard of a Spitfire (Shark). That blue boat you have there is almost certainly a Red Fish Shark, which by the way were purportedly rip-offs of the Glastrons. Do you have a profile photo of the Fin? Will help to determine the year.

Andrew

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31013

Here is the profile picture.
And yes it has been alot of work..
But fun.
Attachments:

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31015

And the back of the boat
The front hood has some interesting molding going on that you really cannot see in these images. I will try to get some of those too.
Attachments:

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31026

Maybe Andreas (Thompsonboat)can weigh in here. I think he's the master of boat company lore, shall we say. Best Data Miner I know! ;)

Bob

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31046

That would be cool to know..

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31080

Red Fish splashed a mold from a Glastron, so it makes sense that someone else would splash a mold from a Red Fish.

There was a fiberglass boat builder in Minneapolis called SuPreme Spitfire. Is this the same one??? A know of a couple of guys that have one.

Andreas

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31083

Thank you very much...
Do you guys think these boats are worth much after restoration?
I'm not spending a ton of money because I have been buying and trading many boats and it seems to have been the smart way to go. Many parts have came off of other boats to complete the ones I have done and saved hundreds already, if not a couple/few thousand or so.
Do you guys do this?

This boat in-particular is really cool,,,Is it a collectors item? What is your opinion? I don't know, but I really like it. And will spend more time doing this one up nice.
Motors I have to put on are a couple of older Johnson 35hp, but I also have a few 50 hp Thunderbolts now in my collection of motors and think I will put one of these motors on it.Should be a better fit.
I don't like the Spitfire name on it. It's Plastic and one side is missing, so I will be looking for some chrome Redfish nameplates. Anyone know where a person might get a couple of these?Or should it stay Spitfire?
Also still in question is the year?
Thanks and I look forward to anything, someone may want to comment or add about it.
Daris

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31084

Su-Preme copied Fleetform boat models, would not be surprising if they copied Glastrons or Red Fish models as well:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Su-Preme

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31107

• kajun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Fishrangler wrote:

Do you guys think these boats are worth much after restoration?

what exactly are you trying to do? are you looking to make money off this hobby or doing it for your own personal satisfaction? prices vary..depends on your potential buyer and your area...in my area...it seems noone is interested in these old boats..unless you can catch fish or alligators out of it lol

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31111

Both! I'm doing it because so far I have had a great time.
Only one boat so far is mine the other two were friends that were helping me on the first one. They never owned boats before now. They they both own, cool old school classics and love them.
But you still should make some money.
I think there may be market for them,, we don't have alot of alligators here in Colorado.

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 13 years 5 months ago #31125

Hay
I'm in Denver we should talk
I have a 1960 redfish boat. and a deck off of a 1958 redfish.
along with a few other boats.

Re:New FiberClassic Manic! Help with boat Information 12 years 4 months ago #61958

wow that looks just like my redfish boat thats a 1963 same blue and white color also looking for more info help me out

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online