• Page:

TOPIC: Lake and Sea $700

Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30815

• Neil
  • Neil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30817

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks like a pretty decent deal- Especially with that Gator trailer and Lark. That's the same motor that I'm going to put on mine!

She's got her 'bling', including the dash plate, etc.

And, it's the first pink one that i've seen- I'm thinking about painting mine pink!!

-Andrew

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30818

WOW! That appears to be a Saratoga! (Same model as the one that was up for free last summer in Buffalo that I am kicking myself for not getting).. I believe that would make it about a 17-footer, little larger than our Caribean's Andy. Decent price too... as long as that transom was solid! haha..

If anyone picks this Gem up... and wants new decals for the gator trailer, I have the logo I am willing to share. Cheers!

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30819

Now, i'm not much of an expert... but looking at the one in the classified adds.. doesn't this one look like an arrowhead too?

If so, we have another 'documented one' in existance.. cool! Now I wish I had won the 1959 Lake N Sea Catalog on ebay... darn it!

www.fiberglassics.com/glassifieds.html?page=show_ad&adid=1029&catid=1

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30821

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Yeah- I think that's an Arrowhead... The Saratoga had different rear- facing seats... Though it's tough to tell from the photo.

I saw that brochure on E-Bay, too- AFTER it closed!! One came up about a year ago, too- I didn't buy it then, and I'd been kicking myself since. When I missed the last one, I was REALLY pissed. Oh well.

I can't believe that they are only asking $4k for that one at the Holland Museum!! It appears to be in perfect shape. It'd cost more than that to buy & restore one, for sure! Hmmm... Tempting.

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30825

Andy, they both are VERY tempting... the $700 is especially since everything looks to be circa 1959.. so it's a 'completet' unit... even if it needs refinishing, would be a great buy!

Some day, i would really like to have them all... all models.. most likely a pipe dream, but its a lot of fun to dream!

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30834

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Im a little over an hour away from that boat if somebody needs help on it .If I didnt have to many projects and it wasnt pink Ild probaully be chaseing it down .

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30835

ohh come on bobo.. pink isn't your color? haha... that would look really good in the aqua blue...

Isn't it funny that both the museum boat and this one are shades of pink? Wonder if that was popular on the larger boats... most of the carribeans I have seen are red, blue, or green... interesting.

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30836

Did someone buy the Glassifieds Lake N Sea from the museum? it is no longer listed.. I certainly hope that my comment about whether it was the only documented one or not did not effect the listing of the add.. ceertianly wasn't trying to call them out on it, was more exctied that there appears to be two!

$4,000 is still a STEAL for that boat... hope someone got it! I would love to see it some day.

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30837

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
The pink boat is listed on E-Bay, too-

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270741266558&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123#v4-36

Better pics there- Arrowhead for sure.

It's a PARSONS arrowhead, from traverse city. There are a few of them around.

The other one is a Michigan Fiberglass arrowhead, which is why it is rare...

I'd buy this one if I could! Nice trailer!

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30845

wow! that is a NICE boat.. would love to have it as well.. we got the same trailer under my father's 1958 Lyman... they are very nice trailers.. with a tilt function.

Re:Lake and Sea $700 13 years 5 months ago #30912

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
retro54 wrote:

ohh come on bobo.. pink isn't your color? haha... that would look really good in the aqua blue...

Isn't it funny that both the museum boat and this one are shades of pink? Wonder if that was popular on the larger boats... most of the carribeans I have seen are red, blue, or green... interesting.

Ill have to say it is a Cool looking boat . Ive got way to many projects right now thow .Got my 56 Delmar to finish . My 62 Carlson Challenger to go threw and the 56 Chevy step side .If one of you guys truelly want this boat and need a place for it to sit a month or 2 If you take care of the Payment I could go pick it up and you could make the trip here to get it .It could sit here a reasonable time and just shoot me the Gas money to go get it . About 175 miles round trip for me . My next boat if I ever finish what I have will be a G3 or Im missing the Hydrostream I use to have .I gave a G3 to a guy about 12 years ago . It sits in his shop collecting cobwebs and he wont let me have it back but wants to sell it to me for a small fortune .Sure glad I gave it to him for free ...L.O.L..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6762 guests and no members online