Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1961 Bristol 16'

1961 Bristol 16' 13 years 5 months ago #30658

I'm just getting ready to restore my third and most bizarre boat to date. Has anyone heard of a Bristol built in Long Beach in 1961? I just got it today! It's glass and has "fast" lines 16-feet long. It was found in original condition including the seats! I have a 150 Evinrude Ficht fuel-injected motor. All I have to do is mount the motor and some other rigging. In January they won't let carbed 2-strokes in the lake. Would like any info anyone has.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 13 years 5 months ago #30662

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
that is a delightfully cool looking boat.

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 13 years 5 months ago #30663

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I like it, definitely has some nice lines to it. Kinda reminds you of a G3 in some ways, ( a classic in it's own right ), but with hints of originality too. Very cool, keep us posted on your progress. Definitely check her over carefully, and re-bed any hardware that could leak water into the hull!

Mark

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 13 years 5 months ago #30666

WoW sure is purty. Cool boat for sure.

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 13 years 5 months ago #30675

wow!!! thats a fast looking boat,it looks more like a 1970's boat,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 13 years 5 months ago #30690

Thanks for all the compliments. It's now at Industrial Fiberglass here in Vegas getting a keelguard and the hole plugged in the splashwell where the steering came through. I am supposed to get it back on Friday.

Yes, it does look like the G-2 but also kinda like a Hydrostream.

I'm stripping the steering, controls and motor off my last project. It is a 1965 14-foot flatbottom that I never found out what make it was. The old title had an abreviation that might have been International Fiberglass. I'm just not sure.

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 13 years 4 months ago #31650

After two days of work and a fair amount of four-letter words, the 150 came off the 14-foot and now is on the 16' 1961 Bristol. The jack plate was too wide for the transome so I had to "reverse" the inner and outer sections. The transome is very solid, thankfully.

The fun part was putting her in the water and getting it to jump up on plane. I will have more pictures a little later. The speed was good at 45 mph with only a 17 pitch. I think that a 21 would be great. I'd still like to know more about this boat, so please forward any info.

Thanks.....

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 12 years 11 months ago #49500

Thanks for the boat Phil. I have the 14' Internation Fiberglass Company Eliminator now. Phil your new 61 is cool as hell, thanks for the ride, hopefully I'll have this one out at the lake this spring. Also the 2 stroke ban is only for personal watercrafts (seadoos and jet skis) not boats. It's on some government site that details the ban. See you at the lake.1

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 12 years 11 months ago #49501

I'm glad that you are having fun working on the little girl. That didn't sound right. It will be fun to see how you finish it.

I wonder if anyone on here has any experience with the International Fiberglass Eliminator. I didn't have any luck with members knowing about my Bristol.

With the help of a little-used shop vac hose, the battery cables, control cables, gas and two oil lines are under control.

Attachments:

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 12 years 11 months ago #49522

That looks way better than the lines showing.

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 12 years 11 months ago #49523

Hi,
Here is a small amount of information from a 1962 "Blue Book":
Bristol Manufacturing Company
1258 West Gaylord Street
Long Beach 13, California

Additional Plant:
3209 West Central Avenue
Santa Ana, California

By default, the only 16 foot model is:
Ski Horse (runabout)
16' long
75" beam
62" transom width

no other real information is supplied

Regards,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 12 years 11 months ago #49525

here you go Phil

Re:1961 Bristol 16' 12 years 11 months ago #49527

Thanks Joe. I did see that in the Library. I'll post anything that I find. I even google mapped the factory site.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online