Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brought home a Glasspar G3. Looking for info

Brought home a Glasspar G3. Looking for info 13 years 5 months ago #30094

I was out driving the other day and saw this Glasspar sitting in a yard to I stopped and knocked on the door and the next thing I know it is following me home.

I can't find any kind of hull number on it so I don't know exactly what year it is. I'm guessing it has to be later than '62 since it isn't a split deck.

All the fiberglass seems to be in good shape but it needs all the structural stuff. Floor, stringers, transom... etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

196? Glasspar G3
1976 Hydrostream Vector
1979 CeeBee Avenger
1986 Hydrostream Varmint
1989 Glastron Carlson CSS-19
2007 Stingray 220SX

Re:Brought home a Glasspar G3. Looking for info 13 years 5 months ago #30098

Boy, nice haul! For the skinny on these boats, you need to hit the G3 Forum here: forums.fiberglassics.com/g3/

You'll find all kinds of help there, and a searchable forum with unbelievable amounts of sound advice and info.

Good luck!

Frank

Re:Brought home a Glasspar G3. Looking for info 13 years 5 months ago #30113

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
G: Good Deal , CONGRATS. I had a red one many years ago in Poughkeepsie, New York . .Any pics of the seats , dash , ?? If the windshield is useable you are ahead of the game. Did you get any motor parts .?

G: The SMALL Brass serial # plate is usually found on the port , left side near passenger seat. Maybe still on the floor or in a glove box ? There would have been a square silver company tag around the outside of this # tag . Sort of the format 13N - 4 101 for 1964. for example.

Re:Brought home a Glasspar G3. Looking for info 13 years 5 months ago #30178

There were aftermarket seats in it that I threw out. The guy who had it wanted to sell the motor and trailer and scrap the boat. So I just took the boat. It had an old Johnson 40 on it that wasn't too exciting to me and I have a bunch of old Mercs that I could use on it. I'll probably have to extend the transom so I'm not stuck with a short shaft though.

I looked all over and I can't find a tag. I'm thinking it went MIA when it was repainted some point in the distant past. The owner applied for a copy of the registration and that is supposed to be in the mail so I won't even know the year or hull number until I get that.

The windshield is very faded but at least it is there so I can use it as a template to make a new one.

It needs a ton of work but I think it is a good starting point and the hard to find parts are there. Sometimes when you get a boat for free you are still getting ripped off when you think of all the time and money you have to put into it. At least this little thing will fit in my heated garage so I can work on it over the winter.

196? Glasspar G3
1976 Hydrostream Vector
1979 CeeBee Avenger
1986 Hydrostream Varmint
1989 Glastron Carlson CSS-19
2007 Stingray 220SX
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6683 guests and no members online