Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Laurel Boats

Laurel Boats 13 years 5 months ago #29875

Can anyone help, purchased a 15' laurel boat built like a tank anyone know about laurel boats? Ican't find any info anywhere the name plate says made in shippenville pa, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Laurel Boats 13 years 5 months ago #29895

Hello, World!!

Re: Laurel Boats 13 years 5 months ago #29915

Thank You that was the only info I could find. I guess I'm wondering if this boat is so rare I should not turn it into a lake erie fishing boat. It is in good shape and I could make it look good with paint and seats. This boat is also very sea worthy and a deep vee fiberglass boat alot like glasmasters or mfg s are nice on erie. Anybody have thoughts.

Re: Laurel Boats 13 years 5 months ago #29921

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My opinion is unless the boat has some very unique lines, be it hull design from a cat/tri cat/ 5 point sponsons or any other different bottom than a deep v or deck and cabin design like fins, funky cabin windows,dashboard layout,seating,hardware etc.It is not going to be rare in the sense of being worth some decent money.I am also referring more to the glass line than the woody's.So with that being said and not trying to offend anyone I would suggest you put your own stamp on her and retrofit it the way you want and not worry about the rareness factor.You could also save all the seats and hardware if you turn her into a fishing machine and when done reinstall the stuff you stripped.The holes you may drill for downriggers etc can be filled if you decide to put her back to showroom condition.2x4's-6's with clamps on the gunwales is also another option that will not have you drilling holes,if the deck/topsides are in great condition and you do want to repaint.Good luck!

cool runnings Mr 88

Re: Laurel Boats 13 years 5 months ago #29931

Thank You that's what i wanted to hear, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't ruining a one of a kind - i will use for fishing then.

Re:Laurel Boats 13 years 5 months ago #29943

tom,boy i sure would love to see pics of it,i live in the country just outside of indiana,pa,i see the mc creary plant everytime i go into town,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6390 guests and 2 members online