Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1963 Lone Star Imperia - What to do?

1963 Lone Star Imperia - What to do? 13 years 5 months ago #29274

I have a '59 Feather Craft that I am restoring. I have located a 1963 Lone Star Imperia that has some parts that may be needed for the FC work - captain and passenger chairs mainly. These seats are apparently hard to find, and they might work for the Islander Express Cruiser I have.

Problem is this - I can buy the Lone Star for a very reasonable sum, but it needs restoration. I can either scavenge the seats or use them for patterns. It has the original 1962 Evinrude Starflite 75HP with electic shift on it - totally complete. The boat has not run in about 8-10 years. I can trade this engine off for a credit towards the rebuild of another Evinrude that is now nearing completion. The Lone Star is in Florida, where I am visiting. The FC is in Canada, where I live. I do not want to junk a very restorable and unique Lone Star that is almost complete with all hardware. But - I have multiple boats already under restoration and I can't take on another one. Would any one here be interested in this boat, should I acquire it for the purposes noted, then wish to sell it again?

If there is interest, I will make sure the boat is saved and not broken up for parts. I will leave the engine intact and use the captain and passenger chairs if they will work for the FC. If no interest, I will take the seats and likely give up the engine for a credit towards other costs.

I am a boat collector and I hate to see rare pieces like this destroyed, but unfortunately the practicalities of where I live and where the boat is now are rather a strongly negative influence in the debate over whether I should buy and restore it myself.

I can buy it and arrange storage for some reasonable period of time. Not sure on price - probably $300-$500 at most, complete. I don't want to profit on it, I want to save it.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1963 Lone Star Imperia - What to do? 13 years 5 months ago #29278

That is a very cool boat for sure, it would be terrible to see it junked. Best of luck.

Frank

Re:1963 Lone Star Imperia - What to do? 13 years 5 months ago #29280

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
"O" : WELCOME, Nice post. Are the seats you want the FOLDING , Pation style of the 60's. Pic below. These flip up / down can still be purchased NEW. Our member here CrosbyBoat ,Albany NY bought a set for his Power Cat day Cruiser.

I know a lot of Feather Craft boats, not familiar with a model that would need a cruiser seat.? That boat pic is nifty on the rack . just left Florida last week , cuddy boats should sell quick . The orig O/B may need another customer like you mentioned as I am sure they are thirsty now a days at current gas & $ Oil mix prices.

Some of our Glasspar crowd have these folding & up-grading to more storage & sturdy weight capacity. Should be a source for the kind you are seeking ,?? IMO

Re:1963 Lone Star Imperia - What to do? 13 years 5 months ago #29284

Cool - great suggestion! My Feather Craft is a 17' 1959 Islander Express Cruiser, basically a pocket cruiser like the Lone Star. There are very, very few of them around. The seats are gone but the mounts remain. I will do up a post in the appropriate forum on this boat.

I was at the Dora show and the Glasspar's were a great display, and the guys extremely helpful. The Imperia is very, very much like the Seafair Cruisers, I think. Even down to wooden accents in the cabin area.

I think the seats we need are folding, but they are definetly similar to what you describe. So you know where your member bought his seats? I will check that out.

I have other pic's of the Imperia and will post those sometime today.

I am new to this game - most of my experience is in mahogany boats - Chris, Gars, etc. Thanks for the reply.

Re:1963 Lone Star Imperia - What to do? 13 years 5 months ago #29288

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
"O" Here is the Prior Post Forum LINK, gotten from the SEARCH wiondow above , on this page . www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/main-forum/drop-down-folding-seats#16589
Here is my seat ,droped down , with the legs pulled out . I noticed the rear leg is 1/2 inch shorter (?) if you , or another member ends up building a pair.

...... Yes , no shortage of Glasspar cuddy's around florida. If you pass on the LONE STAR, sure a member here would follow thru .IMO. Sorry I missed meeting you at Mt Dora.. My home area of Knoxville ,Tenn will have a big Feather Craft ,two day show May 20-21 if you get bored in Canada & want to trailer back .!
. Again WELCOME aboard to the forum & look forward to more of your pictures.

Re:1963 Lone Star Imperia - What to do? 13 years 5 months ago #29306

I've been half-looking for something about that size. If it could get from FL to CT for a reasonable number, I could be interested.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:1963 Lone Star Imperia - What to do? 13 years 5 months ago #29482

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
thetudor wrote:

I've been half-looking for something about that size. If it could get from FL to CT for a reasonable number, I could be interested.

I would think you could get it done for 6-800. I used a guy from uShip and it was 1100 from L.A. to Buffalo NY 2600 miles.I ended up paying him 975,the rest was the brokerage fee. He lives in Fla and come up the coast quite a bit from what he told me.I still have his name and email if you want it.

cool runnings Mr 88
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6407 guests and 2 members online