Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any glassics owners boat on the CT River?

Any glassics owners boat on the CT River? 13 years 6 months ago #28863

Hey-just curious to know if there were any other classic boat owners that use the Connecticut River. That's hope fully where I will be spending alot of my time with my American Marc this summer and it would be nice to see some other classic boats out there as well! :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Any glassics owners boat on the CT River? 13 years 6 months ago #28877

Essex is home to many classic and antique boats, and I believe there is a summer show there. Also, Mystic Seaport has a summer show that welcomes glass.

Re:Any glassics owners boat on the CT River? 13 years 6 months ago #28881

Edsel,

Where are you located? (the CT is a long river) I am in Stonington and usually go to some of the local lakes with my CC. I would be willing to hook up a couple of times on teh river if that works. Keep in mind that the lower CT is brackish water so you may get some salt into your motor and it should be thoroughly flushed.

The ACBS show in Essex is July 9. It's called "Mahogany Memories", which by itself means that they need a good infusion of glass. The people that run it are very nice and have been encouraging me to bring my CC over.

The Mystic Seaport show is July 23 and 24. A great venue with a good amount of boats. Pre-1965 to enter. Lots to do as you can tour the Seaport if you don't want to sit around with your boat all day. Judging is casual and does not follow ACBS standards. Also a down river parade on Sunday, in costume if you so choose. It is relatively expensive. They did cut the cost this year by eliminating the dinner, but as an entrant you can get 1/2 price access to a benefit dinner with dance band on the Seaport grounds. It is by "invitation", but all you have to do is to contact the Seaport and ask for an invitation. If you (or anybody else reading this) is interested, e-mail me off forum and I will give you the info.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Any glassics owners boat on the CT River? 13 years 6 months ago #28895

edsel girl,todd"tudor" is right about how nice the folks are at mystic seaport,the folks that have alot to do with the museum are the ones that gave me their own personal devil ray,i plan on restoring it and taking it to next years show,and in honor of maureen and quenitin and the mysic seaport museum,im naming the boat"mystic memories",john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Any glassics owners boat on the CT River? 13 years 6 months ago #28909

Oh wow, that's great to know about the shows-I would love to bring mine out to Mystic. I'll definately have to check into these things.

I love Essex, that's probably one of my favorite places to dock!

Yeah, I would be down past Hartford in the brackish water, I've never been up farther Hartford. What do I do to flush it? Run hose water through it for a few minutes when I get home?

Thanks everybody-I really enjoy hearing from you-I'm learning ALOT!

Re:Any glassics owners boat on the CT River? 13 years 6 months ago #28914

Ed,

What I do is to take it over to a lake and run it around for about 1/2 hour. More fun than flushing it in the driveway.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Any glassics owners boat on the CT River? 13 years 6 months ago #28919

Haha, that works too, I have a good lake right down the road from me. Sounds alot more fun! :)

Re:Any glassics owners boat on the CT River? 13 years 6 months ago #28920

Where are you located?

Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Any glassics owners boat on the CT River? 13 years 6 months ago #28921

I'm in central CT, near Middletown.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6271 guests and one member online