Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bill Tritt Tribute

Bill Tritt Tribute 13 years 6 months ago #28861

• gwbell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
You may or not know that Bill Tritt recently passed away on 25 March 2011. Bill was 93 and had been having health issues for the last couple of years. He was also one of the last classic boat builders alive and with his passing, so goes the end of an era.

Back in the 1940's, Bill started designing and building fiberglass boats. His passions lead to the establishment of the Glasspar Corporation which became one of largest producers of fiberglass boats at the time. Later Bill designed and built one of the first fiberglass cars, the G-2. One of Bill's G-2's can still be seen at the Smithsonian Institute. This design sparked the interest of others, and Bill helped design the first fiberglass cars in Disneyland's Autotopia ride, the Volvo P1900, and consulted with the initial designs of the Corvette.

Many of us still enjoy these boats and cars today. The Glasspar Owners Association ( www.ClassicGlasspars.com ) is organizing a letter writing campaign to convey to Bill's family the affect of his work will continue to live on as his legacy. We're asking that a simple note be sent to the family with a picture of you and your Glasspar boat/car. The family is familiar with Bill's designs, but seeing the pictures of the total strangers that Bill's life has affected should offer some comfort that Bill will not be forgotten.

I do not feel comfortable posting their home address on the web, but will provide to those that email me directly. My apologies to those that visit other websites and see this redundant post. We would like to get the word out to as many Glasspar owners as possible.

Thank you for your help on this effort!

George
five dot bells at verizon dot net
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Bill Tritt Tribute 13 years 6 months ago #28887

Bump up, (post and karma).

I don't have a Glasspar boat, but I do appreciate the designs and what you are doing.

Great job!!

~Thoughts and prayers to the family.~

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Bill Tritt Tribute 13 years 5 months ago #29038

• gwbell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Haven't gotten a big response on this. We were hoping we'd get more Glasspar owners to participate.

George

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6232 guests and one member online