Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Let all have a "chat"

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 6 months ago #28906

10pm whos time we got 4 of them in the states.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Let all have a 13 years 6 months ago #28911

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
pathfinderz1 wrote:

10pm whos time we got 4 of them in the states.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

well...seeing I posted that 16 Hours, 7 Minutes ago and a 1 hour and 47 minutes your got around to asking which 4 times zones, which there are more than just 4, I find the question rather humorist. It will be 10 pm somewhere, believe me.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 6 months ago #28917

It was easier to look up your prifile and see you are on eastern time than do the math.
And from the west cost to the east cost there are 4 time zones in the contanatel USA. Now if you want to keep being a smart ass like me the you can incoud the other 2 states

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 6 months ago #28926

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Wow, I really have forgotten how sensitive you west coaster are, of course I should have assumed that there could be something like 14+ hour differences in the time zones in the "states".

well to cover the chat, nothing was really covered other than how the sea levels are not rising, where as the tectonic plates raise and fall which change the sea level, and if the sea level's where to change it would take a space ship to bring water in to add to our closed environment we call earth. we talked about the end of the world as it was to believe by the Indians, which back then even they "viewed" the earth as flat and the "area" of what was their "world" is currently collapsing with giant sink holes that are separating the North Americas from South America.

as far as Fiber goes,
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

For some in the chat, didn't realize it's not the library, or the pictures that would make this work, it is the desire to be currently active in the message forums of the best classic website on the net, yes it is that simple.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 6 months ago #28943

All I asked in the first post is what time you were going by and you gave me a math problem. This is the first site I found to get info for my boat. I have met Kelly a few time and had dinner at his house and met his family. I understand what you are trying to do to save the site. I someone buys it the doesn't have the intrest the we do in old glass boat like most of us it will go down the drin.
I'm not sentive I just asked a simple qustion and had to look up your prifile to get the answer.
Now what day at 10 eastern time do you want to set up the chat?
I don't have any money to help you on this which is of no faul of my own. Just the way life is for me. I would like to look in and see what all can be worked out
Mike aka pathfinderz1 :laugh:

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 6 months ago #28954

I should know better than to comment on this thread. By the lack of responses from any other user - I'm gussing that other people feel the same. I've been busy with my life away from the computer for the past 3 days. It's been a nice break. Threads like this one don't do anybody any good. I'm not going to take sides on this - but I will say this: it shoulden't happen. Be civil. Be considerate. Keep squabbles off the board. It makes the board look like an unfriendly place, and I believe it gives any message board a black eye. It also gives webmasters and moderators heartburn.

Read your comments before submitting them & ask yourself if what you wrote is really what you want others to see.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 6 months ago #28955

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
your right, absolutely correct on all points, I am sorry to every one who may have been offended, I really should have know better. believe me I will make all possible efforts to prevent this from ever happening again.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 6 months ago #28958

i agree with mark. nothing is for free anymore. fiberglassics is going to have to start charging a membership fee to use the forums. a few of the people here who make this thing run are going to have to be compensated. i said it 4 years ago and still believe it today. ron

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29105

Well if anybody noticed I incluced my se;f as a smart ass. The wife calls me that all the time. I was just trying to find out when he wanted to chat and what time zone he was talking about. This is a big country and we are not all in the same time zone. I didn't take any ofence at what was said by inclucing my self I thought it was all in fun.
Ans after all thls I still don't knnow for sure what time he wanted to start the chat?
Have fun everybody
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29113

10 eastern...yeah, you're a smartass, I'm a smartass, Mark's a smartass.

I think he just didn't like the competition... :P

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29136

I will just let this dope I have bettert things to do
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29142

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
come and sit by my side CC the bench is empty

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29158

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
correction by the way I am just me, I try not to be anything other, just brutally honest with a touch of sarcasm.

Re:Let all have a 13 years 5 months ago #29160

houston wrote:

come and sit by my side CC the bench is empty

nm
Attachments:

Re:Let all have a 13 years 5 months ago #29162

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
That would make a nice stern seat for my next resto !

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29207

Now I don't know how anybody can take offence to this but what months and what day of the week do you want to set the chat? up.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29254

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
WERE ON FOR A CHAT... SATURDAY NIGHT. Any time zone after dark. So check in between dinner time to bed time, lol

Last Saturday night was fun. It was good hanging out with Mark and Dave.

Ill poke my head in from time to time that night, Mike

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29270

OK great now if I can remember. Us old people have a thing called CRS and later goes into CRAFT.
Thanks
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29398

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
ok, so to recap (Saturday 2011/09/04 @ 2130 EST) chat session....sheesh told us he got his aristo craft home, we talked about the "new Madrid" seismic fault zone, pavers for landscaping,, Ron's kitty, the recovery of the K12 Russian sub by the US, the war in Libya, the unrest in the middle east caused by the internet, and a tare in the earth mantel off the east coast of japan and Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen looks like Charlie Sheen because Ron took him off the topic list...

FONT control while in chat are Bold/ Italicizes/ Strike through/ Color, some examples where giving like how to draw a line across the a "subject" in the Topic list i.e. Charlie Sheen with out having to use a magic marker, which if you did ues a magic marker, next week lesson will be on how to use white out to cover the magic maker which won't help Charlie Sheen.

which speaking of Charlie Sheen, rumor has it he really thought he was smoking hot, but it was found it was a mechanical issue with his tour bus soon after he left Detroit.

it also was discovered if you typed BOATS ARE GREAT in to the subject line of ever 6th line of your input to the chat session you don't get bumped out of chat. which is something I made up and told everyone...which just about every 6th line of the chat...everyone typed in BOATS ARE GREAT for no other reason than I told them they wouldn't get bumped out if they did and they believed me....(hehehehehe)

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29412

it was fun, mark, bigfoot, and myself. i'm finding out the more people you have in chat, you better be a fast typer, otherwise your answer to a post comes to late and the subject matter has changed. pathfinder was nowhere to be found. ron

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29417

crap,i forgot all about it,how about a chat tonight around 7 or 8 pm eastern time?john,i just hope i remember,lol.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29429

Sorry guy I said I had CRS and last night it truned into CRAFT
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29435

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John, sounds like a plan, 4 or 5 left coast time.

Mike, we have a 2nd chance to redeem ourshelves. While I am not quite stricken with full blown CRS or CRAFT disease I do have sometimers disease,sometimes I remember & sometimes I don't. ;)

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29494

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I agree it is pretty fun, Mike

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29497

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
well, just had to deal with a semi flooded wet basement, as in a river runs through it kind of thing...so.

I got to explain a little of my theory behind the Pay-to-Play concept where the general concept of what I think Kelly had in mind in the begging would remain intact, the over-all information in the forums would still be reviewable, the library information would still be viewable but to post and reply in the forums would require a simple month to month charge that most wouldn't have "sticker shock" over with an option to pay a full yearly set price.

believe it or not, one person out there tonight agreed with my concept idea.

just an Idea..don't throw me under the bus, my bike is doing a fair job of that as it is.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29508

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I agree that way if you want to post this month you pay your months charge its a low rate no biggie but at the end of the year you have paid a full membership or a slight bit more for the option of month to month membership, While you could also pay in full maybe at a slightly discounted rate, Kind of like a Magazine subscription... I think that’s what you mean... I added the increase to use the month to month like a magazine... Due to pay pal fees and just inconvenience etc. I don’t know just a thought.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29519

last nights chat was a record. we had 7 in the chat room. houston,john gibson,oceans2,67sears,stashm2,sonblood (who hasn't posted as of yet), and myself. a variety of topics were discussed with houston's (japan is going to break in half),the most dramatic. my wife just read this and agrees with mark... OMG!
still no pathfinder. i think he's caught up in the time-zone warp.
till next time, BOATSRGREATn'fun...ron

Re:Let all have a 13 years 5 months ago #29527

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
stashm2 wrote:

I agree that way if you want to post this month you pay your months charge its a low rate no biggie but at the end of the year you have paid a full membership or a slight bit more for the option of month to month membership, While you could also pay in full maybe at a slightly discounted rate, Kind of like a Magazine subscription... I think that’s what you mean... I added the increase to use the month to month like a magazine... Due to pay pal fees and just inconvenience etc. I don’t know just a thought.

I think you may have been a carpenter because you hit the nail on the head.

you hear about the New York Times online?, Ninety dollars -a- year, they just started the -no free service after 8 clicks-. I guess it true after all, it does take some green to run these things.

Re:Let all have a 13 years 5 months ago #29528

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
vuyosevich wrote:

the most dramatic. my wife just read this and agrees with mark... OMG!

Thank Sue for me, don't know if the other half is -just going to sink- or -break off-, but from just north of Tokyo off shore there is that new rip in the mantel (150 185 miles long, 50 miles wide) that kind of reminds me of piece of paper ripping in to two pieces so I think I may be right.

and if you put it in perspective it would be the boarder of New York and Pennsylvania separating by -50- miles and slowly separating day to day in two different directions.

Add to it a bit, I lost faith in our news service completely, where they keep talking about -A- Power Plant, to put it in to a real light, there are four (4) Power Plants with 15 reactors total that suffered extensive "Catastrophic Damaged" on the east coast of japan.

The "Catastrophic Damage" rating was set by the -NRC-

leaves me to wonder about the folks around here that where against putting the windmills out on the lake to replace Gina out in Williamson.
CLICK-TO-ENLARGE
Attachments:

Re:Let all have a 13 years 5 months ago #29529

I agree with the membership fee. I think the annual payment would be a lot less work to keep track of and should be pushed with the option of a monthly payment at a slightly higher rate to cover the extra work and cost. A lot of companies such as insurance companies offer this as an option for people that want the convenience of monthly payments with the added cost. I will be watching for a decision on an amount and will be sending in at least that amount. This is a great site, lets keep it going. Even though I run a "Woody", I run a Merc "stack" and have gotten a lot of great information and connections to work on the old girl. Everyone on this site has such a passion for their hobby we need to make this work.

Bill

Re:Let all have a 13 years 5 months ago #29543

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
well, the "auto" pay is all handled by paypal, which on the receiving end of it, you get "notification" as to who is doing what, which the "system" then turns "ON" or "OFF" automatically accordingly, the only thing being bothered is the computer....Now who wouldn't like to bother a computer...(hehe)

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29587

I have been sitting here for the last couple of weeks following this forum. I joined this site after watching it for along time. I have been around boats for most of my 56 yrs. I type with 2 fingers and I do remember when you had to call someone or write them when you had a problem and needed help.Not everyone lives on there computer. There are 597 guest & 17 members online right now. I am sure that in all those people there is someone who is getting so good info or help for something they need.That is why I finnally joined the site.So are we going to tell all these people that if you want our help you have to pay for it? If you want to post a simple question like " whats a good bedding for mounting cleats?" are we going to say we will tell you after you pay us to post the question. And then the person who wants to anwser has to pay to give the anwser.I joined because this was a fun site, great people, people who were and are willing to take the time to help another member or guest out.We are not the NY times. If I have to pay to help other people out, or have them help me here, its not one big happy family anymore.I believe we should help people out the best we can, post great picture and have fun at the same time. Sure the site needs money to run, but we should do more to get people to donate to the site and make them feel welcome. I dont post alot on here but I do checkin every day and am willing to help if I can to anwser any post that I do know something about. I do it for free because I choose to. Thankyou Skip.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29591

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Skip, I gave you some karma.

don't get worked up or concerned, I am No-one, I am just this guy who had a questioned posed about "the commodity" of a website and what it was, my answer to the question was simple and complicated all in the same stroke, my answer was "-Nothing, other than Time-".

I am going to have finish written my reply to you -off line-, because I am feeling rather tired, I did write one up all ready but I must have timed out because the screen just went -zap- blank so I had to start over and this is that..feeble attempt.

All's we are talking about really is the base "theory" of an Idea I had -after- I answered the what-is question, again I am no one, just a guy that wanted to share an idea, but rest assured like you, I understand the input from all angles.

be back in the (later)A.M., enjoy your karma and again, I don't think you have -anything- to worry about because most of my ideas are so far off the charts no one can comprehend them enough to understand them anyhow...and yes I am making fun of just-myself in that statement.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29600

the 1st 3 years i couldnt afford a membership,but i was able to come up with 50 bucks not long ago,and hopefully can continue to do so,idefinatly want to support this site in any way i know how,so if i can come up with another spare 50 i will gladly give it,the folks here that keep this running need paid something,i know its not alot but its what i can give .john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29609

OK, I'll put my $.02 in here as another no-one that enjoys and uses this site.

I think Mark has a novel and worthy "idea", and his intentions are certainly in the right direction in trying to support the site, but I also agree with Skip that it should remain voluntary to support the site.

I think supporting members should get something extra for their troubles, be it an enhanced "Gallery", a special notation on the user profile,(as is already in place) or other "perks".

I also think their support could be in other ways than just monetary, and that that support should also be recognized in some way. The site is going to continue to need fresh content on the welcome,(main) page, as well as pictures of events, event write ups, you get the idea. This site belongs to all of us, and it is up to us to keep it functioning.

I hope I'm not out of place here in asking anyone to contribute in any way they can, be it monetarily or with ideas for the site, or fresh content, (articles, pictures, write-ups, etc).

Perhaps Kelly or Ken will put up a special forum section for article submissions and ideas for the site?

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29618

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
CC1000, maybe a way to direct donation funds to nees, I.E. more Hard disk space ect for larger gallery functions and library functions ect. As yet another nobody here I am jsut reacting to others Ideas and know it takes money and time to run these sites and maintain a server and internet connection. Its a great site and I enjoy reading and participating alot, A larger gallery would be a perk well worth the contribution, I just hope the site will stick around and continue to be a great interactive community.
Jesse

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29655

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, got some rest, I just logged in so my timer, should be good.

are you guys ready the first segment of....-T.B.N.-?

to start this, to help get in in the right frame of mind...the whole thing starts a round a "simple" BOX...OK, let see the "simple" box....
Next, we're gonna need a guild...I named him Chuck, and because of all the problems that comes along with making a guild, all he is is a simple BALL.
Attachments:

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29656

Personally, I think the best way for users to contribute is to either:

1. Send whatever they feel is appropriate via Paypal

or

2. Help find advertisers and point them to the site to help bring in some funds.

or

3. Contribute in some other way, ie, write a good article for the home page or help in some other administrative way.

Presently, the site is run on goodwill and it's not profit driven.

So any contribution helps to keep it running.

Contributors get their "rank" changed to "Contributing Member" to show in the forums that they have donated in some way.

This just keeps it simple as far as I can see.

Hello, World!!

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29657

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
lol, Mark, Your cool dude, Mike

I like Chuck.......I will be in the chat room. come by and say hi folks

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29659

I like the way that kensikora has stated the site is run. It is simple, easy to understand, and makes sense.If all of the members can help out in any way that they are able to we should have one of the best sites for our hobby/lifestyle on the net. It will be someting that we all can be proud of and will all be able to say " I help build that." We all know the old saying, if it a'int broke, well you now the rest. Skip.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6639 guests and no members online