Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Let all have a "chat"

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29659

I like the way that kensikora has stated the site is run. It is simple, easy to understand, and makes sense.If all of the members can help out in any way that they are able to we should have one of the best sites for our hobby/lifestyle on the net. It will be someting that we all can be proud of and will all be able to say " I help build that." We all know the old saying, if it a'int broke, well you now the rest. Skip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Let all have a 13 years 5 months ago #29663

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Bigfoot wrote:

I like Chuck.......

Attachments:

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29664

I agree with administrator kensikora people need to contribute what and how they want.

If there isnt enough capitol genertated by the advertisers and financial aid is needed? then those that want to hang out here the real users of the site can contribute how important the site is to them...just one thought that many members arent aware of, there are a quite few members that have problems with this board, the board isnt even available to them more than 50% of the time, photos dont show for some, at times the only the G3 board maybe available and at others only FG is available and then nothing is available at other times and this is a daily occurrence....
I wouldnt expect those members to pay for the service and you would loose valuable contributions be it advice, source of parts or just the camraderie from old acquaintances

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29676

hmmm...box #4-more options. could it possibly be the "Old New York Boaters" internet news letter??? sign me up. ron

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29680

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29689

Skippy is lurking and watching and listening and so other stuff.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29707

i was fine up to box 4...now i'm totally confused. :unsure:

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29710

Keep checking back, it gets better.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29711

I think you lost everyone...except Skippy...and the yellow ball...

Or is Skippy the yellow ball?

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29736

If only the cardboard boxes could speak, we might have an exciting new point of view.

Hello, World!!

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29772

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29784

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
LOL. Well I am not sure about the blinking light thing but my suggestion was to have an area on the right side panel instead of displaying the number of members and guest currently logged in it would list "members in chat". There already exist on the main page those numbers. I would also recommend that only registered members have access to the chat area. I freely admit I don't know the difficulties in adding something like this to a site but I frequent a couple similar forums that have this feature. I had a great time chatting the other night with Skip,Houston and the very bashful Bigfoot ;) . Oh and whatever can be done with the " timed out" thing in chat. It's maddening.

Melanie

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29804

Great idea there Oceans2. It would be nice to know if some is in the chatroom instead of going in and out all the time. The time out thingy is a royal pain,really messes things up for thoughs of us that can't type or spell.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29818

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Shaky all lit up...NOW (hint hint)
Attachments:

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29826

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
shaky has turned off the chat light

great turn out yea guys, my fingers are numb, gonna try that web cam "Motion-n-type", get a work out while in chat...
Attachments:

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29853

Wow,

This thread just keeps going & going & going..........

Mark, Is "Chuck" powered by a Duracell battery?

I think that every idea to support Fiberglassics has merrit, including the "pay to use" option as suggested by Mark.

My concern is that the "pay to use" crowd will be quite small. You never know when a newbie, or a casual viewer is going to drop by. Maybe it's someone wanting info, or wanting to share something really cool with us. It would be a shame to miss an opportunity to hear from someone because they are not a supporting member.

Here is a case-in-point:

The Glasspar Owner's Association. (NOTE: I have nothing against their website, and this is NOT a slam on them. I'm just usung this as an example)

Have any of you seen the website? You must register & pay to participate on their message/advertising boards.

A few weeks ago, one of my fellow California boat collectors was forced to liquidate a very large collection of unrestored glassics. Among them were many Glasspars. The price - FREE to any taker. Avalons, SanJuans, SeaFair Sedans, Etc. I wanted to post a classified and a general notice about these FREE Glasspars over on the Glasspar Owners Association. Someone there surely would have wanted at least the parts off these boats. I came to find that the board wouldn't let me post because I was not a registered and "paid" member. End of story. I did not post. I don't normally visit there, so paying for a membership didn't make sense for me. So the result: The boats went off to non collectors, and some were actually crushed. The folks on the Glasspar site never had a chance because the membership fee was in the way.

Again, I've nothing against them. They have a very nice website. But I'm not going to pay to post, especially if I never go over there. And one of the reasons I never go, is because I have to pay. It's not because I'm a cheapskate either. A paid site will limit the useage to just the "hardcore" regulars that are already here. Everyone else will go away. As Ken says, advertising dollars & paid classified ads are where the answers are. The internet offers too many free alternatives for people to turn away to. FG needs TRAFFIC. Every website needs TRAFFIC. Numbers sell. Traffic creates numbers. So the best I can offer is to charge a small fee for classified ads, encourage all members to seek out businesses that might like to try a PAID banner ad on FG. But - any advertiser will want to see what the visit numbers are... and if there is not enough traffic, they won't be interested.

I'd like to see more outside advertising on FG, and I don't believe that more ads would wreck the website. It would change the way it looks, may clutter it up a bit, but hey, it might keep the lights on.

Bruce

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29855

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
1326 READS "whoooo hoo"!

Bruce.....I need a chance to wake up, but I'll get right back to you on this, but you ever think what is the commodity of a radio station, it much like a website except a website can add "speed" to the equation.
Attachments:

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29898

I think it is a good idea to keep the majority of the site available to anyone and have some perks for contributors, whether they contribute cash or information such as feature stories or regular answers to any questions. Everyone could contribute in their own way.
Bill
P.S. I am not quite sure about this whole " Chuck the pink ball " thing either!!

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29910

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Shaky Chat Call
Saturday, 4/16/2011 @ 21:00 hrs or 9:00 pm EST
Attachments:

Re:Let all have a 13 years 5 months ago #29912

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
All Dunn II wrote:

P.S. I am not quite sure about this whole " Chuck the pink ball " thing either!!

Bill, you know I can go three ways from Sunday about Chuck being what Chuck ended up being, hey it happen, i made a -Pool Ball- went to color "it" red, because of all the layering...he just ended up "PINK"...

So the whole time I was making Chuck, which took about 15 min and that's an "IF" i saw a preview for the show...what about "chuck", and it kind-of sunk- in that it would be even funner to just put that across this what was going to be a red pool ball that was now pink...and have "it" the narrator or guild if you want to give "chuck" that title through out the script... ye-know like one of those conversation pieces somebody gonna realize sooner or later old "Chuck" is "Pink", it just happen and I had no malice what so ever, other than sitting in my office chair having a good laugh over it, which yes when I had shaky get his Blinking Bow light put on, I just about lost it here in the cave also..

I rather enjoy getting some "input" on what people would like to see in the script and figuring out...just how it could flow in a script....which yes, i enjoy making the scripts also...

how it all came about with the balls to begin with is yes I could of made...people, but exactly what would they "be" young, old, ethnic, color, race...just that got complicated which I didn't want that to happen, and I got thinking along the lines of tron (the old version) that this whole -thing- we do would look like a "box" as a website, full of balls as users..if we could look inside like we did in the movie Tron and it just kind of sprung up from there.

if you guys want me to repaint chuck I will, no big deal.
Attachments:

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29929

i'll be at a beefsteak fundraiser tonite. i'll check in and see if chuck is around when i get home around 11ish. ron
i'm sure houston will keep everybody entertained. just don't get him started on charlie sheen! ron

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #29991

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I have been liking the show... trailer park boys on net flix

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #30164

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
ok, let gets some creative juices going for the next box and balls saga...

any suggestions?

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #30250

cc1000 had an idea the other night. Happy Hour. These balls can't just sit there. we need to get moere members inon this to get some great ideas for the site. Chuck and the yellow ball can't do all on there own. Lets have some fun with this. Skip.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #30256

Thanks for fixing the (timeout) problem Ken. :)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #30262

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
hummm,

happy Hour, ...time-out's and a Idea-flow or as I am seeing it a "suggestion box"...

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #30283

on the side a suggestion box may be good idea.

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #30428

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

you guys remember the "Egg" I left in the script about a song Skippy the yellow ball was driving "the box" crazy with...well, here it is. It is a "love" song in it own kind of way...but I know if you listen to it all the way through, you will be humming it in an hour.
Attachments:

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #30431

Cool, :laugh:

Re:Let all have a "chat" 13 years 5 months ago #30444

don't care for the song but you prob know that. the box though is clever. ron

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6690 guests and no members online