Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sea King?

Sea King? 13 years 6 months ago #28433

Greetings to you all-
I recently bought a boat that was represented as a 1962 Sea King. I understand that Montgomery Wards bought boats from many different makers and sold them under the Sea King name.So far I have not been able to figure out exactly what it is. There are no identifying markings on it and the internet has been no help. Soooooo, I am hoping one of you has encountered one of these beauties and can tell me what it is.
Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Sea King? 13 years 6 months ago #28437

Well Im no help but I like it!!

If all else fails try bigfinboats.com

Re: Sea King? 13 years 6 months ago #28443

Welcome aboard! That appears to be a Luger kit boat to me. Cherck out the Luger section here:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Luger

Attachments:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re: Sea King? 13 years 6 months ago #28458

Wow! Thanks Classicfins! That's it, right down to the hardware. Mine appears to be the Sierra model. I am relieved that it is a kit that folks bought and customized to their liking. Takes the pressure off to have to do a "correct" restore.
I like to frequent the "no gas motor" lakes here locally, so I gutted the old Merc 800 that came with it and will attach a Minn Kota 160em dual trolling motor to the lower unit. Paint goes on the boat next weekend (black hull, chrome yellow deck) and I should be happily cruising to the cries of "Hey ***hole, no gas motors on this lake!!!" by tax day. Will post some pics when it's done.
Thanks again!
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6273 guests and one member online