• Page:

TOPIC: Mystery boat + trailer

Mystery boat + trailer 13 years 6 months ago #28429

• cawrsfm
  • cawrsfm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey folks. Is this a tee nee trailer? The ad does not say what marquee the boat is either. I am looking for a tee nee. Any thoughts on this one??
If it is one, is there any way to determine the year? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
halifax.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=270314237

Cheers,
Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Mystery boat + trailer 13 years 6 months ago #28440

The trailer is definitely a Tee Nee late 50's and the boat that is on it is a Leavens Bros. 15' probably a Victor model from 1960 or 61

Re:Mystery boat + trailer 13 years 6 months ago #28457

• cawrsfm
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Al. I thought it was, but I am a bit of a trailer virgin. Now I just need to convince the guy to sell me trailer without the boat on it. It does look like the winch is missing from the tee nee though. Are these things hard to find/replace? Would a modern winch upgrade be blasphemous?

Re:Mystery boat + trailer 13 years 6 months ago #28476

The winch isn't missing, it's inside the yellow triangle. Yes it would be blasphemous! Contact Wally who sells TeeNee stuff!

Re:Mystery boat + trailer 13 years 5 months ago #31152

• cawrsfm
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Does anyone know how I can contact Wally? His website does not list any contact info.

I am trying to come to an agreement to purchase this TeeNee. The owner is selling the trailer, boat and defunct motor for $500.00

I went to see the trailer yesterday and have no interest in the boat or motor and will probably dump them both if I cannot just buy the trailer alone. The trailer is in decent shape for it's age, however the teardrop fenders have a few gashes and tears in the metal near the leading and trailing edges of the tires. Can this be repaired through welding, grinding and refinishing? I am guessing so.

Secondly, I jotted down the serial # from the trailer. Can any of you trailer experts give me an idea of the year based on the serial number? It is: 0840 2492. Made by Canasco Products Ltd. in Toronto.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Andrew

Re:Mystery boat + trailer 13 years 5 months ago #31157

Casco was the Canadian maker of Tee Nee trailers. I don't know if Tee Nee owned Casco outright or if Tee Nee had a sub-contracting agreement with Casco. But you can see the Casco name and address listed on Tee Nee brochures.

I cannot assist you with Wally's contact information nor with the serial number.

Good luck!

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7452 guests and one member online