• Page:

TOPIC: Custom Craft -- Sea Ray???

Custom Craft -- Sea Ray??? 13 years 6 months ago #28000

• barnfinder
  • barnfinder's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I just picked this up for the outboard engine to put on a mid-50's mahogany ply runabout I am restoring. I will probably part with it soon as I don't have the room for two boats. After some research I am thinking that it is the Sea Ray model. Registration just says 1957 CU/CR.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:Custom Craft -- Sea Ray??? 13 years 6 months ago #28002

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Love the lines--- and FINS!!!! Where are you located?

Re:Custom Craft -- Sea Ray??? 13 years 6 months ago #28004

• barnfinder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I am located close to Rochester NY on east side 1 mile from Victor Thruway exit. Windshield is unfortunately just sitting on the bow as it was blow off by heavy wind and will need to be replaced.

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:Custom Craft -- Sea Ray??? 13 years 6 months ago #28010

You may be spot on. It looks like the pics for the 58/59 Sea Ray. If so, that may be the oldest fiberglass CC out there. Definitely worth restoring.

Not really what I am looking for, but if you can't find it a good home, let me know.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Custom Craft -- Sea Ray??? 13 years 6 months ago #28011

There are a ton of Custom Craft aficionados over in Buffalo, where those boats were made. You should get hold of Dave Albertson, or go to the Nickle City Classic Boats website nicklecityclassics.webs.com/ ), let them know you have a Devil Ray you don't want.

Frank

Re:Custom Craft -- Sea Ray??? 13 years 6 months ago #28033

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
WOW Barnfinder: GREAT SCORE,, You have my vote of the day. Original Troy , New York. Good town for boats. ONe of our members got nice Power Cat day cruiser there a few years back .

. Looks like JERIVS hardware, on that puppy . Is that what they call the Golden Jubilee motor. ?? Will go good on wood boat. . Custom craft maybe get a 55hp or 60 HP .? , Like your screen name . & you gave us multiple pics in post. You got GREAT potential, have to visit daily.

Again CONGRATS. Nic original cond , good surviver.

ANY small serial # imprinted on the inside , upper edge of the AL , transom cap.??

Re:Custom Craft -- Sea Ray??? 13 years 6 months ago #28037

• barnfinder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for pumping me up even further. I'm going to give this thing a go for sure. Probably not a show-condition restore but certainly bring it back to its acceptable glory and back where it belongs on the water. I have lots of experience bringing mostly fiberglass sailboats(starting with a 27' Catalina) back from the dead so this little cutie should be no problem.

No serial number yet but I expect it is hidden under the modified aluminum transom plate added under the Johnson. Unfortunately it is not the famous 57 Golden Javelin(which I once also had) but it is it's next year child in '58. Basically the same but for two things...minus some fancy Chrome and now has a fuel pump avoiding the nasty two line tank setup. I actually fired it up yesterday in a tank and besides smoking a bit and running a bit rough I was relieved.

I will keep the progress posted as I go. Gotta find a rub rail and maybe a windshied or I am thinking maybe I can cut off two inches on the bottom and reuse it after breaking off at the clips in high wind?

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

Re:Custom Craft -- Sea Ray??? 13 years 6 months ago #28038

Talked to Barnfinder a little today.

Thanks to positive response is going to keep the boat!

New Glassic collector in the works.

May stop up and meet the gang at the old Rich Marine showroom, (new Custom Craft Clubhouse) this Saturday.

May be another '57 up in Sodus Bay, waiting for better pictures. (Sorry guys, not for sale)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Custom Craft -- Sea Ray??? 13 years 6 months ago #28039

• barnfinder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Speaking of finds... I did have a great day Saturday. Besides the CC Sea Ray, I also found this classic. Again it was because of the motor. 1963 Glastron Starflite with a 1975 Johnson 50 hp. I removed the motor and controls and will sell the boat and trailer which are both registered really cheaply. It appears to be easily restored and pretty complete and original besides no seats(but newer floor install).

Anyone interested I can provide more info and pics for sure.

Thanks,
Tim
Attachments:

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

Re:Custom Craft -- Sea Ray??? 13 years 6 months ago #28046

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Tim, I'd love to get my hands on that 63 Starflite. (Perfect for my 63 Merc 1000). Too far for me though...... :S

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7433 guests and one member online