Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Widnshield edge trim

Widnshield edge trim 13 years 6 months ago #27980

• randyr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am having a difficult time locating a "C" channel to trim the top of my plexiglass windshield. The plexiglass windshield is a 1958 Talor Made approximately 1/4 inches thick.
I purchased a piece of aluminum "C" channel, heated it to remove the temper and tried to bend it to shape. I put cardboard in the channel but the opening still shrinks when it is bent. I can't come up with a way to prevent this from happening or to widen the opening back to original without marring the channel. I am doubtful that I can exactly match the shape and angle of the windshield anyway.

Does anybody have any ideas or other options? Door edge trim for a car is too narrow to fit.

Thank you,

Randy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Widnshield edge trim 13 years 6 months ago #27993

Thanks for bringing this subject up. I allso need to learn how to do this for a windshield I will be replacing.
I have done some research and understand the softening of the aluminum. Does one need a wooden mock up of the windshield to bend the metal over?
Randy I have chromed edge guard in quarter inch if you need some. It is whats on the windshield on the carAqua.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Del
Attachments:

Re:Widnshield edge trim 13 years 6 months ago #28006

Nice boat. What is the problem with the driver?
Oh, Is that me?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7170 guests and one member online