• Page:

TOPIC: Anybody ever use TCP Global Restoration Shop paint

Anybody ever use TCP Global Restoration Shop paint 13 years 6 months ago #27963

• bobo
  • bobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Anybody ever use TCP Global restoration shop paints ?? They have a 144 colors in Urethane and Base Clear at some pretty decent prices ..Wondering on the Quality ..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Anybody ever use TCP Global Restoration Shop paint 13 years 6 months ago #27968

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ive ordered from them and I have used their acrylic enamel, Im sure its just re branded DuPont, or Sherwin Williams paint. I have not had one problem with it. I used to get paint locally, but my local paint store closed shop.

Re:Anybody ever use TCP Global Restoration Shop paint 13 years 6 months ago #27975

i talked to them via phone they can also mix factory colors for my Dodge challenger the paint sure is a good price let me know how it works for you I like the candy red pearl

Re:Anybody ever use TCP Global Restoration Shop paint 13 years 6 months ago #27998

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Yes, I've used their single stage urethanes on two boats now. The trailered Lummie was done about three years now, its fine. The late model fiberglass was done above the water line only, and also looks great. I'm no painting pro, but for not needing to be rubbed out or clear coated, these 'spray and walk away' paints are a good value.

Here is a metallic red, pretty much the day after I sprayed it:
Attachments:

Re:Anybody ever use TCP Global Restoration Shop paint 13 years 6 months ago #28018

• bobo
  • bobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Jim that looks pretty nice from where Im sitting ...The Gloss has held up nice ?? Did you prime under it or just sand and shoot ?? Im trying to figure out if you have to prime ?? Ive read a bunch on different forums and get 2 oppinions then a argument will break out and you get no real info after that . Sure glad we got a Great crew here where that doesnt happen .Worst that happens here is people respectfully Agree to Disagree . I worked in a Well respected Body shop for 10 years .Only fiberglass we worked on was Corvettes .On those we primed them in Urethane and Blocked them out till perfect . But Im thinking if a guy were to prep a boat down to 400 Primer wouldnt be needed unless you broke threw the gellcoat or had done repairs to a area .Then Im thinking you could just prime those areas. I know Dupont SS urethanes would stick tenaciously without a primer .I sprayed a friends ATV plastics with Croma one and no flex additives .I cringed while I was doing it .Nothing wants to stick well to those plastics .7 years gone by and its still on there 98% of it anyway ..Speaking of Corvettes ..When I worked for a GM dealership one of our Salesman sold Rust Proofing to 2 different customers for thier new Corvettes ..Thats a Good Salesman ...L.O.L...Sure hope he never starts selling Boats ..

Re:Anybody ever use TCP Global Restoration Shop paint 13 years 6 months ago #28027

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Seeing how often the dock got banged, I had some body work, and stress cracking, some thru the gel coat... I used a surfacer primer in those areas over the filler, then, for uniformity between all unlike surfaces, I used a sealer primer over the whole boat. I think the right primers will make or break the longevity of any paintjob.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7144 guests and one member online