Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Devil Ray leaves deck

Devil Ray leaves deck 13 years 6 months ago #27938

Tim Calmes and his neighbor and road trip buddy Dick stopped by today to continue the Devil Ray's relay over to Perry NY. After a great brunch prepared by Gail, we got out, hooked the Devil Ray up, talked a while, and off they went. Here is photographic evidence...

That's Tim driving

Rebuilt hubs

Anybody working on old boat trailers (or old anything!) really ought to have one of these rethreader sets. I use this all the time, like for cleaning threads on the hubs after paint. Doesn't "eat" metal like a tap would do.

Ready to go

And they're off!

Heading on down the road...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Devil Ray leaves deck 13 years 6 months ago #27940

wow!!! im excited ,thanks frank for everything you have done for me as well as others,and thanks to todd and tim,without you fellas i would not have my dream of a custom craft of my own ,come true.

this is just what i was talking about in kellys post,fantastic folks doing fantastic things for others,and not because they gain anything,but because of friendship.thank you guys.

now frank and tim,lol you sure can keep a secret,i didnt know you were doing this today,wow,i cant wait to see it and you guys again.
i wish i were there to talk boats with you guys,hopefully ill see you all at hammondsport.

i wish tim and dick a great trip home,which im sure it will be with frank redoing the hubs .like i said great folks and a great site,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Devil Ray leaves deck 13 years 6 months ago #27942

The saga continues...

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Devil Ray leaves deck 13 years 6 months ago #27944

Great job guys. It warms my heart to see selfless things happen to good people from good people. As John said this is a great site and I for one am glad to be a humble little part of it.

John,
you are truly deserving and I can't wait to see the progress pics once you get started.

Bob

Re:Devil Ray leaves deck 13 years 6 months ago #27945

thanks bob,i appreciate it.
and i cant wait to see if i can screw it up,lol,john
it started with todd telling me about the devil ray,and then maureen hennesy and quentin sneddiker giving me the boat.
then todd taking it to his house in connecticut,and todd and frank meeting in danbury connecticut,and frank taking it to his house,and rebuilding the hubs,and then tim getting it and taking it to his shop/storage business ,where he is building a motor for me.
and now next month going to get it the 2 motors and my father in laws motor ,plus maybe a motor for eds sunray,what a journey to get it there,thanks to all of you guys involved ,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Devil Ray leaves deck 13 years 6 months ago #27950

way to go tim. now thats 2 you can pin on your hat. my thanks to todd and frank for fullfilling john's dream. i can't wait to see this one finished. ron
Attachments:

Re:Devil Ray leaves deck 13 years 6 months ago #27954

Custom Craft Boats are Great!!!

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Devil Ray leaves deck 13 years 6 months ago #27974

i just got off the phone with tim,he said they had a very uneventful trip,thanks to franks work on the trailer hubs and todds new tire,thank you guys,all of you,we are planing on going up the weekend of the 9th to pick it up,man you guys are great,thanks again,if you need anything let me know,john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7386 guests and one member online