• Page:

TOPIC: FiberGlassics® Status Report

FiberGlassics® Status Report 13 years 6 months ago #27934

• Webmaster
  • Webmaster's Avatar Topic Author
  • FiberGlassics Founder
  • FiberGlassics Founder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, Kelly here. I know there's rumors flying around about who owns this website now and I am here to clear it up.

1. Fact: Jamil bought the site from me but later ran into trouble financially and could not continue. He is a bit embarrassed about the whole thing. This could be the reason he's not around at the moment. He's a good writer and I hope he'll return soon with more. I also hope his financial issues are only temporary.

2. Fact: FiberGlassics® is moving forward in the spirit we always have. The things that Jamil started will continue. Those naysayers that want to re-hash the past or keep jumping on the rumor-wagon need do it elsewhere. Nobody's listening to you... except other naysayers... and that ain't sayin much.

3. Fact: There is nothing else to it. Anything else you hear or read just isn't there. Someone made it up.

Onward... please. It shouldn't matter one bit who owns this site so long as it's here and doing what it set out to do.

If anyone has questions, ask... don't assume. :ohmy:

To end: Now that the site has run in her new format for a little over a year, we'll get on with more improvements as planned. We now return you to your regularly scheduled website, now in progress.

Responses welcome, I'm a bit of a different person these days.

Kelly Wood
President
FiberGlassics®

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:FiberGlassics® Status Report 13 years 6 months ago #27939

hi kelly welcome back,its good to see you around again.
this was an article that i had written for fg during jamils run at fg,but it still means alot to me.
this might be the right time for it,and if its not then i apoligize,john.p.s there is nothing to be embarassed about,im having financial problems just like alot of folks are now days.
here is the article i wrote awhile ago,and i mean every word,john

jamil our new leader is doing a very fine job,by adding new things without changing much,and the things he is changing ,are things for the good of fiberglassics.
this site means a lot to me,in a way it keeps me sane,although you might not agree,lol.
i have found a lot of lifelong friends here ,and all would give you the shirt off their backs,or a helping hand with that project you may have trouble with.
if one member needs something another will chime in with an offer to help,and it usually more then one member.

a long time ago i bought a old cabin cruiser,(seaking) and had to look for any info i could find on it,when the folks at another site told me about FG,well it turns out it was the best move i had made ,since i asked my wife for a date 31 years ago .

i used to drink very heavy after work,and ride motorcycle i thought i was a tough biker type,it almost broke up my marriage many times,but my wife's will was strong,thank goodness .
then in 2003 i had a heart attack,(the 1st of 3),it was my time to go,as i laid there dyeing,i heard a nurse though all the confusion,yell at me "STAY WITH US JOHN"!!!
you see the nurses had already told my family i wasn't going to make it,i was bleeding internally,and they couldn't stop it.
the words that nurse yelled at me ill remember the rest of my life ,because you see i was ready to go,i just wanted to fall asleep and let go.
but her words still ring in my ears when im up against some adversity,and need that little push.

then i found this site and made real friends ,friends that cared ,not just about my boat but about me also!
these men and woman make a bond that ill never break,so you see why all of you are important to me,besides my wife and family,you folks here are the greatest friends a person could ever ask for,.

fiberglassics keeps me trying to do good things and has made me a whole lot better person,besides my loving wife.
keep paying it forward,as a good friend told me long ago.
sincerely john gibson

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:FiberGlassics® Status Report 13 years 6 months ago #27947

Kelly,
Glad your back and no slight to Jamil, I hope things work out for him. Times are tough right now. I have not been a member here for very long but I truly feel at home here. As you said it really doesn't matter who owns the site as long as it continues to do what it was designed to do. Changes here and there, now and again, keep this from getting stagnant.
This is a great site and it has helped me with my boat and continues to help me keep my sanity since Kim and I lost our son this last December. I'll admit i haven't been on and commented as often as I did before but I will get back to that point soon. I do log on and read everything. It helps me to focus on other things. It's good to read what everyone else is doing, it gives me ideas that I can use on my boat. Keep up the great work Kelly.

John,
I had no idea, I am glad you have been able to bounce back from the set backs. You are truly a good person and a great example for others. I am striving to be that person.

To the Fiberglassics family,
Thank you for all you do. You are a great bunch of folks. I am glad I can say I am a part of that family and will do my best to live up to that.

Ok enough of my rambling.

Humbly,
Bob

Re:FiberGlassics® Status Report 13 years 6 months ago #27952

Kelly, Welcome back.

Jamil, Thank you for what you did for the site, get well soon, we all want you back.

Guys, It's great to sit around the fire and sing campfire songs with you all again.

That's right, it doesn't matter who owns the site. The site is run by one person, with direction from many. Thank you Ken and board.

This site is and always will be what the members want it to be.

It will grow in the direction that the members want it to grow.

I hope that any that have left in the past will come back and check it out and help us on our journey.

Dave in Buffalo

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:FiberGlassics® Status Report 13 years 6 months ago #28055

Kelly, once again I was contemplating one of my boat projects ... and thinking back to all of the help that you have given me (and others) over the years. Thanks for hanging in there ... again and again and again!!!! A friend, Larry in Idaho

Larry Chase in Idaho
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7389 guests and one member online