Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck

Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck 13 years 6 months ago #27456

Had a good time today. Ran over to CT and met Todd and his lovely wife Barbara. We transferred the Devil Ray to my GMC after changing a tire. We had to play with the wiring a bit to get it to the connection on my bumper, but did that, then hit Red Lobster for lunch. After that we headed home, but ended up stopping to pull the port hub, clean the broken down grease out and repack the bearings. Didn't take long and we were on the road again, this time with nice cool hubs. Got home about an hour ago, but just been busy getting some stuff done.

I will pick up a couple seals and pull both hubs for a good cleaning and repack in my shop this week. The wiring isn't pretty (neither is the trailer), but everything works fine for now.

It is my opinion that the transom has NOT been cut down, and at the height it is, it is meant to have a short shaft motor on it.

Here's some pics:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck 13 years 6 months ago #27457

wow!!you guys are great!!thanks to todd and barbara,and frank and gail,you are making my dream of my own custom craft a reality,man,im so happy right now,i was so worried about you all and i see i had good reason,because of the old trailer.
frank and todd im sorry about the tire and wiring.but i knew if you guys had a problem you were the guys for the job.

frank im so sorry you had to stop and repack the bearings,please send me an email of what i owe you for doing the bearings,if you dont ill send money anyhow.
and thanks for the info on the transom ,i have let tim know its a short shaft.
its those darn shiny metal tabs on the sides of the transom that had me thinking that it might have been higher.
and frank you definitely charge me for your time and costs to repack those hubs,your time is valuable,and you know your way around trailer work,as well as boats.

boy all i can say is whooooooooooo hooooooooo,lol,thank you from the bottom of my heart all of you,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck 13 years 6 months ago #27458

Frank,

Glad everything worked out. Just to clarify, Barbara is a sometimes girlfriend, not wife.

We ended up having lunch at Pepe's Pizza's new location in Danbury. (very famous CT pizza place since 1925). It's a project I worked on and I try to patronize former client's when I can (excluding prisons and rehab centers). We just got home a little while ago, did a few things on the way back.

Good to finally meet you.

John, Your project is on the way. Enjoy.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck 13 years 6 months ago #27460

thank you todd,i will,thanks to you guys.i hope to meet you someday todd,i would like to shake your hand in person,and tell you what all this means to me,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck 13 years 6 months ago #27463

Ooops, sorry Todd, my mistake! It was great meeting you.

Is this pizza place in Danbury?

John, you keep talking about paying me and I won't touch the bearings. My time is worth next to nothing, if anything at all. This stuff is easy to do and I enjoy it and I got all the stuff.

Frank

Re:Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck 13 years 6 months ago #27464

great job guys.....john, cool bowlite there.
Attachments:

Re:Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck 13 years 6 months ago #27469

Frank, The place is a couple of exits up on 84, near the Lowe's. Why am I doing fire protection on a pizza place (a very small job for me) 2 hours from my house? It's called the economy (and a little family history).

John, in your capable hands, this is going to be a great boat. BTW, when Quentin attached the motor to the floor, he screwed in 3 eye screws (a wood boat guy; what do you want) and tied the motor to that. Unfortunately, at least one of the screws penetrated the bottom. Not bad, but it will need to be addressed. Good luck.

T

Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck 13 years 6 months ago #27473

thanks todd,and i was thinking about that,lol,but thats ok,illjust fix it,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck 13 years 6 months ago #27483

John,

I noticed when I handed the boat off that you can still see the old NY numbers. Maybe you can get a little history of the boat from that.

T

Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Zee Devil Ray eez on zee deck 13 years 6 months ago #27486

thanks todd,i saw the numbers,but didnt even think about that,lol,im too excited,lol,john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5878 guests and 2 members online