Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What kind of boat do i have?

What kind of boat do i have? 13 years 6 months ago #27317

Hello everyone.

I have been trying to find out for the past 2-3 weeks what kind of boat this is. I bought it last year and as you can see below, i am starting to rebuild/modify it. I have posted this question on multiple different forums with no success. I am hoping that this forum will hold more luck. It is a 13 foot fiberglass tri-hull that looks very similar to a Boston whaler. I have been told that it looks like the following boats: whaler, Carolina skiff, McKee, cub craft, wahoo, Atlantic, dell quay and a few others. I know that is probably just a whaler knock off, but if anyone knows what this is, i would love to know. The registration holds no real information. It says its a 14 ft eldocraft. But it's only 13 ft 3 1/2 in. and I can't find an eldocraft that looks anything like it. Also it is an older boat and doesn't have a HIN. PLEASE HELP :unsure:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What kind of boat do i have? 13 years 6 months ago #27319

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
K: From your 1st hull pic I would vote for the Boston Whaler, but never actually owned one I am not sure if they had wood in the floor area , that you seem to be replacing. Possible Sea Sprite is another name in this 13' harbor Dingy / transport range.

. Motor vehicle dept has only certain # of character spaces on the reg, & Friday afternoon clerks can be speedy. ! Recently I had two boats that were labeled with wrong words. ONe Citation that was called Joint Vent , after the owners name of Joint Venture .!! Another was listed as MO-MEN, where prior reg was clled HOME- MADE!

Again CONGRATS, they are handy boats.

Re:What kind of boat do i have? 13 years 6 months ago #27321

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
no not a whaler or mckee craft. Dell Quay Dory is coming to mind I "think" they were a British Boat Company continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000141.html that copied the whaler years ago. Heavy & well built.
Certainly not a Wahoo or Carolina skiff

Re:What kind of boat do i have? 13 years 6 months ago #27322

I would say that the motor should be off when doing this type of work !

Re:What kind of boat do i have? 13 years 6 months ago #27326

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
As stated by 3G,not a Whaler as they did not have a " bow deck" as shown in you pics.No lip on the transom either.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:What kind of boat do i have? 13 years 6 months ago #27327

The Eldo-Craft Boat Co. made boats, mostly bass boats it seems, from 1976 to 1983. They were bought by the Arrow Glass Boat Co after Eldo went out of business. It's not unlikely that your boat was made by Arrow under the Eldo name, since it seems Eldo made mostly aluminum boats.

There's not a lot of information on Eldo-Boats, but "Eldo-" was used in all their model names; Eldorado, Eldosport, Eldiablo, etc...

It looks like you've answered your own question, the boat is an Eldo-Craft.

Near as I can tell, they made more than a half dozen different boats in the 14' range, but I didn't find any images that are whaler knock offs so I can't tell you what model it is.

Here's a link www.iboats.com/Eldocraft_Boats/bp/20br1976

Re:What kind of boat do i have? 13 years 6 months ago #27350

godelescher,

I really thought you were my savior for a minute there, but i have searched all 100+ models and none match the dimensions of my boat.

I really appreciate all the info though.

FYI

Length - 13 ft 3 1/2 in
Beam - 63 1/2 inches
16 inch transom

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5870 guests and 2 members online