Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat Stash Blow-Out

Boat Stash Blow-Out 13 years 7 months ago #27173

On of our fellow collectors in California has been forced to liquidate his surplus boats. He owns some land in a rural area and had about 30 boats being kept on the property. The County received a complaint from someone about the boats, and now the govt. is forcing him to clear the property of all unused stuff. He has to get ALL the boats off the land in 2 weeks. He is giving many very cool & seldom seen boats away, and many others are being sold for very little cash. I selected two of the boats to bring home (as if I need any more of them) Hopefully my neighbors will not call the City on me!

The first boat is my old '59 American Marc "Stardust" I fondly named - "Bitch Kitty". It was my 1st tailfin boat - and now she is returning home after years away. She looks just as ugly & worn out as ever - but hey, it's a Stardust.

The 2nd boat is a '59 Harvey "Star-Whiz"- another West Coast beauty. Built in Aloha Oregon by a very small company. It is the best built glassic I have ever owned. The glass is very thick - it is actually painful if you pound your hand on the deck. Full roving used on the boat, even on the fins. Nice long bow, wide beam. The West Coast boats tend to be larger than the Midwest/ East Coast fin boats. I really like it, and the transom is good enough to drop a motor on & go.

If anyone has the desire - there are many more boats that need homes. Many are free for the taking - many are just a couple hunderd bucks or less. You can pop over to the GSG to see the entire thread.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 13 years 7 months ago #27182

Harvey StarWhiz sounds like a character from Pigs In Space on the Muppet Show!

Andreas

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 13 years 7 months ago #27183

I tried to buy that Harvey when it was in the glassifieds a while back. Never did get any responses from the seller. I sure wanted that boat. Great score man.
Doug

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 13 years 7 months ago #27187

Holy crap! I'd be like a kid in a candy store! Only two problems: 1) Wife would have a fit! Lover her dearly and would cost to much to replace. ;)
2) Too far away.

Bob

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 13 years 7 months ago #27190

Is that an old Power Cat with twin mercs in the back of the top pic? Somebody otter grab that baby!

Frank

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 13 years 7 months ago #27200

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
PC1000 wrote:

Is that an old Power Cat with twin mercs in the back of the top pic? Somebody otter grab that baby!

Frank

After blowing it up to 200% and magnifying it I would guess a 18c,1959-60. I base that on the flush dashboard but a little stumped as many had steering on the port side.Maybe Danny L can chime in.Yep somone should grab it, would cost about 11-1500 to get it shipped back to NY.Low on flash cash and too many boats in the yard for me.
P.S. GSG ? sorry but I am not up to speed on that abreviation.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 13 years 7 months ago #27202

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I believe Bruce is referring to Golden State Glassics;
goldenstateglassics.com/home.html

Mark

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 13 years 7 months ago #27212

There are a number of powercats - I don't recall which are available. The red one with twins is an 18, I don't know if it's an 18C. Seems like the "C" series came out later-but I can't remember. There is, I believe a 16C or it might be an 18C that is not in the picture. Also not in the picture is an 18DC - an amazing boat with nice fins. They all have nice fins. There is a Magnolia monohull 17 with fins, a Bellboy 18/19 Express, Dorsett Farollons, Sanjuan, Catalinas, and Enduracraft Montrey, A CArlson Challenger, a couple G3s, Larson Thunderhawk Sr, AND Jr., Glastron Fireflite, A couple Flying Scotts, A Glasspar Club Mariner, Glasspar Avalon, Bellboy Banshee - and many more that I can't remember. The pictures don't show even a quarter of it. I forgot to take more PIX - sorry

Bruce

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 13 years 6 months ago #27452

The red/white Power Cat is an 18c, the year could
be anything between 1959 and 1962 all the same.
The choice of port vs starboard steering was just
a customer selection, neither is condsidered standard.
So what part of California are these boats located?
If he is interested in selling, the location of the
boats is most important, as the transportation costs
more than the boats are worth to go very far.
Danny Leger
Austin, Texas

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 13 years 6 months ago #27453

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Bruce I sent you a PM and was wondering if that link works.I had tried it last week with another member and that did not go through.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 7 years 8 months ago #130102

Bruce,

5 years later. I owned that Harvey Star-Whiz before it sat in that yard. Delivered it from Los Angeles. I'm wondering who has it now and is it on the water?

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 7 years 8 months ago #130189

Unfortunately, the boat is sitting - and has not been put into use. I found that the floor core was completely rotten. I was able to scoop it out with a shovel, and put the debris into a trash can. As you know the hull is very thick on this one. Transom is still good. If you want it back, send me an email. I don't have plans for it - as too many other projects. I paid $400 for it, I would like to get that back for it.

Bruce

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 7 years 7 months ago #130553

I may be a buyer. What is the location of the boat now? Please send a photo or two to 612 400-3932. Gilligan

Re:Boat Stash Blow-Out 7 years 7 months ago #130714

OK

I will get some current pictures of the boat for you.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online