Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat

Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat 13 years 6 months ago #27159

Woke up at 04:30 today. Turned on the TV and the 1960s TV show Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges was on. He cruises around in a wooden inboard cabin cruiser type boat. Looks like sheet plywood hull.

On this episode another boat was rafted up with him. Pretty sure it was a Skagit express cruiser. Had twin Johnson outboards.

The show is in black and white, so could not see the nice colours of the Skagit accents.

Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat 13 years 6 months ago #27160

My 58 year old father watches Sea Hunt every morning around the same time and often reports of great boats being featured. Lots of interesting boats, and lots with twins.

Re:Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat 13 years 6 months ago #27162

Cool, sounds like I need to do some cable directory searching and DVR some shows.

Bob

Re:Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat 13 years 6 months ago #27170

I watched them first run - I was very young...really...very young.

The Argonaut is a Trojan - I found this on one of the many Sea Hunt sites:

"The Argonaut is a 1960 Trojan Sea Breeze, Express Cruiser, 34 feet long and 12 feet wide. It's made of mahogany planking with teak decks and brightwork. She is currently being restored."

I seem to recall from other reading that Trojan custom built the Argonaut for the show - there may have been more than one over the run of the show - just as there were two Song Birds.

Re:Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat 13 years 6 months ago #27174

i went to silver springs florida a few years back,and the park there said they filmed alot of sea hunt(underwater scenes) and tarzen movies there because the water is like 99% clear,if you get the chance its worth stopping there for the glass bottom boat ride,the water is unbelievable.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re: Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat 13 years 6 months ago #27892

Like Peter, I saw the original broadcasts. The Series is currently being run at variable times but usually in the 3a.m. to 5a.m. time slots by ThisTV Network. ThisTV is usually viewable from antenna stations in about 85% of the U.S. - mostly on local sub-stations. So, you may need to invest in one of the cheap digital converter boxes and maybe an HD antenna to receive it. The network broadcasts digitally but is in standard definition. The old Sea Hunt series was shot on film, of course - and still looks fantastic. It's hard to catch the show on DVR because the newbie network maneuvers the time slot around the movies they mostly run. I've caught glimpses of some pretty great boats and outboards (not to mention 1950's girls in swimsuits). I'm sure Mike Nelson would have looked real cool in a Lonestar Meteor but still waiting on that.

Re: Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat 13 years 6 months ago #27912

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Happened to catch it again, last night, ThisTV. On after Highway Patrol, good old Broaderick Crawford.

Re: Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat 13 years 6 months ago #27913

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
There is also a Perry Mason episode, The Case of the Negligent Nymph, with what appears to be a 1958(?) Skagit 20 with twin Johnsons.

Melanie

video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0SO8ZySMoVNvicAH5j7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTA2bWExZGQ3BHNlYwNscg--?&fr2=fct&p=%2Bperry+mason+The+Case+of+the+Negligent+Nymph&norw=1

Sea Hunt was one of my all time favs.You can view full episodes at of Sea Hunt at .....

www.tv.com/sea-hunt/show/3003/videos.html?tag=page_nav;videos

Re: Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat 13 years 6 months ago #27916

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
OK I am on a Sea Hunt marathon now. can't stop watching them......................gawd.....

Re: Lloyd Bridges and Sea Hunt - Skagit boat 13 years 6 months ago #27917

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ha Ha,sorry about that Jim. Okay not really. :laugh:

Melanie

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7116 guests and one member online