Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat seat supplier recommendations?

Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27044

I am ready to order new seats for my Evinrude Sport 16. This is not going to be a showboat, just a light use sport boat and occasional fishing boat for my wife and myself.

I'm attracted to the seats offered at www.boatingseats.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=18

They are right in my price range. Does anyone have any personal experience with this supplier?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27046

i dont have any info on the link you put up,but i went on ebay and got these tempress seats for 81 dollars a pair,just search for tempress boat seats,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27050

John .........

Those are really good looking seats! Too bad they're not the Back-to-back style, which is what I really have to have for this boat.

I'm also looking with drooling lips at their upgraded seats, mainly because they come in Grey and Blue. My boat is blue and I am toying with the idea of painting the topsides Grey. With these seats, I keep my options open. I can use them now and paint later.

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27120

Forget it, Guys. Having had no replies with personal experience, I took Mr. Gibson's suggestion and looked on eBay. I found the BoatSeatStore.com also sells their seats on an eBay store. They have an excellent feedback record, so I ordered two Deluxe seats for my Sport 16. I will report back as to the promptness of delivery and the quality of the seats.

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27126

let us know how they turn out,i find all my stuff on ebay,i get some good deals,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27142

I'll be interested in your experience with BoatSeatStore.com as well.

edited - thanks clark

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27143

You can depend on it. :)

BTW, not trying to be the spelling police, it is www.boatseatstore.com

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27145

spelling looks the same to me.

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27171

You are correct, it is!

BTW, I ordered the seats yesterday afternoon. Two "Deluxe" back-to-back seats in Grey and Navy. I should have ordered some extra matching vinyl to sew up a couple of cushions for the bow seats, but I'll do that this Fall. Too much on my plate right now getting it ready to go fishing in May.

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27987

Seat report!!!!

The seats arrived seven days after I ordered them. They were marginally packed in cardboard boxes without padding. One box was torn open, but there was no damage to the seats except one small plastic corner guard was torn loose. A quick staple put it to rights.

Assembly of one seat base was required - the other one came assembled. Fastening the seat to the base was fairly easy, just four screws.

I tried them in the boat and sat on them while making motor noises and getting slobber on the inside of the windshield. For my boat, the bases are a bit too high. Sitting in the seat, I can see over the top of the windshield. I will call the company tomorrow to see if they offer bases which are 3" lower. If not, I may make new bases from 3/4" plywood and carpet them after a coat of resin.

The seats themselves appear well-made (in Mexico) and have a guarantee for two years, I think. The bases are warranteed for three years. I really like the colors and pattern. I will likely buy two more swivel seats for fishing and install them in the walk-through bow and in the stern.

I would have preferred less base height, like I said and higher seat backs. The top of the back hits me right about mid-back. I can see this being painful in rough weather, which I intend to stay out of. They are wide enough and the front of the seat bottom hits me in mid-thigh. They are not recliner-sized, for sure.

For the money, I am well-pleased. Here are some pictures. of the new carpeting and the seats. They are not screwed down yet as I still have some transom work to do.

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27990

hi clark,nice seats,they look good.as for the corner pieces ,they are usually just for shipping they can be taken off if you want.

as far as seat base height 10 inches is the usual standard,but they can be cut down .
are the base of the seats made of honey comb plastic,if so here is how i had to cut down a set of bases that had to be cut way down and had a cutout to go over a ladder type floor system,plus they had to be cut to match the floor which was not a flat floor,if you cut them you will have to add wood to reattach the vinyl,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #27991

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Your interior is starting to look pretty sharp there Clark! The new seats and carpet make a big difference. Those appear to be 10" high base units. Many are offered in 8" or 10" heights, some only the 10". You might want to flip them over and inspect the base, see if you could trim the height down to whatever you're happy with. (Even if the supplier agrees to exchange them, the freight to and from will be prohibitive, to me anyway.) Just a thought.... ;)

EDIT: John's boat (Ed's, I guess) is the one I was thinking of on the trimming, and he posted while I was typing. Good job John! :laugh:

Mark

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #28008

These base sections are made from injection-molded plastic. One the inside, there are molded receptacles into which the crosspieces fit.

If I trim the bottom edge of the base, I would have to devise a way to attach the crosspieces (which, in turn, screw to the floor) This is doable and might be a better idea than building plywood bases and carpeting them. I could just toss the plastic cross pieces and put four Aluminum angles in and screw them to the bases and to the floor. That might be easiest.

My grandson took a couple of cellphone pictures while we were working on the floor. I have to leave right now, but I'll post them when I get home.

Thanks for keeping my mind going on the bases.

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #28022

these bases were the same way,aluminum would be good,i used wood but sealed and painted it,this boat sees very little rain,its garage kept.
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:Boat seat supplier recommendations? 13 years 6 months ago #28029

John, et. al. .........

Here's the pics my boy snapped while we were working. First the boat itself and yours truly:

Then the bare floor with the Bondo filling all the assorted old holes to keep the water out of the plywood and foam.

We removed the instrument panel supports and held it up with a length of 2" x 2" while fitting the carpet. Next - to build new side panels out of 1/4" plywood to replace the rotten originals, then glue carpet on them.

33 days to finish the project and I haven't started on the engine, wiring, steering, painting the upper hull and repairing the trailer. Still looking for a junction box for the 1964 70 hp Evinrude Starflite IV motor.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7331 guests and one member online