• Page:

TOPIC: 1961 Sabre Craft Impella new purchase

1961 Sabre Craft Impella new purchase 13 years 7 months ago #26940

• van
  • van's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Just go this 1961 Sabre Craft Impella. I am going to try to restore it. What do you think?

1961 Sabre Craft Impella Pictures

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1961 Sabre Craft Impella new purchase 13 years 7 months ago #26944

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Looks great has a lot of potential.I think there is a guy on here checking out that steering wheel.Love the hardtop!Is that the slider assembly for the "hat" located on the inner aft gunwales? How solid is the transom and floors? I see the inspection plate on the floor up near the front seats. Can you you the stringers through that? You have some work in front of you.Lucky Jamil has tutorials for all to see.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:1961 Sabre Craft Impella new purchase 13 years 7 months ago #26950

• van
  • van's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, hull, floor and transom all solid. This is after several hours of cleaning. It was sitting in an alley in Tacoma for about a year I think. The guy I bought it from took it fishing in the bay as is with a 30 hp merc on it. His merc died and decided to get rid of it. I even have the seats and seat hardware but the vinyl is totally brittle and destroyed. Will put some pics of them up here this week sometime.

Yes that is the hat slider assembly.

You refer to the inspection plate. Does that refer to the little metal thing that covers the little round hole to the "under floor"? Yes that is there. The only things missing is one of the back corner metal parts and a few parts to the slider hardware.

My plan right now is not to do a full restore but get it patched up an looking 1/2 way decent and get it out on the water before I decide to go full hog on the thing. I hear there are a few other Sabre owners up here in WA state. If you read this please chime in!

Thanks for the comments.

-Van

Re: 1961 Sabre Craft Impella new purchase 12 years 4 months ago #61475

Hello;
I am new on here, I am getting my hands on an old 1960's Sabre craft impella I/O volvo aquamatic. It is one of the hardtop that slide which I wanted but the top is not with the boat. I want to restore it but would love to find a top, does anyone know where to find one, and I would love to see other Sabre Crafts. I tried to view yours but I was unable to view, I must need your permission. Anyone else on this site that I can follow a restoration etc, or even pictures. There isnt alot of imfo on these cool old boats... Thanks Shawn

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online