Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A bunch of old motors for sale in Montana

A bunch of old motors for sale in Montana 13 years 6 months ago #26875

Reiters Marina in Billings, MT has been my source for Evinrude parts. I noticed the number of old motors they had sitting around seemed to be increasing. The owner is getting on in years and turns out his wife told him it was time to turn loose of his collection.

Most noteable is a nice 1958 Javelin, but he has well over 20 motors primarily of Evinrude descent, but also a few Mercurys and some others, from the 1920s-1980s. Some run, some don't, but all are clean and properly stored on motor stands out of the weather. Billings is known for it's dry climate and machines have a relatively easy time of it here.

I'm in there from time to time and can snap some pictures or can provide a phone number if you just want to call and see what he has.

There's also a 14' Century Sportsman badly in need of refinishing that would pair up very nicely with the aforementioned Javelin. I almost asked him how much for the set.

And no, I don't get a finder's fee, just wanted to let you guys know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: A bunch of old motors for sale in Montana 13 years 6 months ago #26880

Do you have a contact email for them? I found their web page but it has only a phone number.

Re: A bunch of old motors for sale in Montana 13 years 6 months ago #26882

Clark Savage Jr wrote:

Do you have a contact email for them?

I don't, I can ask next week when I'm in to pick up some parts I ordered. Although I'd be a little surprised if they have email, they still hand write all their receipts.

And they do seem to be proud of their stuff, I don't know if there will be any bargains, but you never know.

Re: A bunch of old motors for sale in Montana 13 years 6 months ago #26893

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Maybe you can have them list what they have on here.58 Javelin may look nice on my 56 MFG,when I get done with it.My Grandaughters other Grandparents lives there and Daughter/SonNlaw are a couple hours from there,Bozeman.So shipping and purchasing would not be a problem.I was out there for Christmas,cannot believe that they do not plow streets or have stop signs at intersections.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re: A bunch of old motors for sale in Montana 13 years 6 months ago #27345

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I've been going to Montana since I was a kid to visit relations. My daughter lived in Bozeman for seven year starting in 97. No they don't plow. I spent a winter there 2004-05. I asked the same question. Answer, Why plow when it's going to snow again tomorrow, and tomorrow and every day after that? Plus it usually doesn't snow a lot at a time, so put some salt and sand down and drive careful. You would need an army of snowplows to keep the streets free. The costs would be astronomical.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

Re: A bunch of old motors for sale in Montana 13 years 6 months ago #27348

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
No salt used on roadways that I was aware of .Pretty much land of the all wheel drive.No sales tax = minimal services,like no stop signs or plowing.Billings was worse.The only thing that would worry me is emergency vehicles getting stuck.Drive careful? Speed limit is 75 on the thruway [I-90] with 50+ mph cross winds and one lane a sheet of ice the other hit or miss,no lie,just lived it.WHITE KNUCKLES, baby.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re: A bunch of old motors for sale in Montana 13 years 6 months ago #27379

Where at?? My father in law lives up by Flathead lake. I could always have him go down and pick me one up. I am looking for a 1964-ish Johnson/evenrude 35hp for my boat.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5871 guests and 2 members online