• Page:

TOPIC: andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol

andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26711

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
andrew i had been rolling around in my mind to start a very small classic boat shop,well when i saw this logo you made,that did it,it was the little push i needed,im going to start off very small,im going to do another custom craft(devil ray)my own ,lol,but im going to do things that can be mailed to me ,like motor cowls,steering wheels ,controls ,horns etc.at least until im done with mine,i also am going to do the cutter jet de ville ,in between.
after that im only going to take about 2 boats a year,so i have the time to do them right.
so andrew,i thank you so much for the beautiful logo you made me,and the incentive to go with it,so thank you my friend,john p.s. heres the stuff i got for 8 bucks ,lol,and also im going to want your wife to do some embroidery on some shirts with the logo,of course with pay,whatever she charges.john
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26715

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
i also have some postcards if anybody wants a free one,lol,lol,you can hang it on your fridge,lol,because i dont know what else to do with them,lol,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26718

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Nothing like POSITIVE feedback..! One would think this is E-bay.?
Now that he has free time on his hands, How about SPLIT Deck Guideboats..?

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26722

No no no...I called him first...lol...Working on something for NCC and Custom Craft Classic Boats...

Well...I guess I could share... ;)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26724

i want a shirt john...large
Attachments:

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26729

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
well dave...what is it,lol.
heck split its a boat aint it,lol
ok ron on my next order,i think i can them cheap,john,no charge,lol.
oh yeah ,i also started a web page here gibson-boat-restoration.webs.com/ by the way im still doing free work for the guys that wanted it,so send that stuff to me,i think im going to have alot of free time,lol,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26749

• jtw37
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congrats John. Web site looks pretty good so far.

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26751

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
John
Put me down for a large.
I would like an autographed one in permanent marker.
I would be proud to wear it.
How about numbered editions, I would want a low #. :)
Let me know the cost.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26756

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
john, yes i also want one of your tee shrits. i need a 3x as iam old fat and ugly. please sign it also and i will pay dearly just too have one. i have been working on the boat project, from the picture's . and am trying to perfect it. take care, frog

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26764

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
They look great, John- I'm impressed with how they turned out!

I'm glad they helped to make the decision to go in to business easier, too- You've certainly got the skills to do so... You turn out some great work.

Nice start on the page, too... I've been 'revamping' mine recently- with shiny new graphics- it's not done, not even close, but here's a preview-

www.agott.com/glassboat

I'm heading home in the morning- Haven't seen the boat (or the wife!) in 5 weeks! I'm looking forward to it!

-Andrew

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26766

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks guys,i appriciate all the kind words,and ill send some shirts as soon as i get a little work,to get some bucks stashed away,lol.
andrew,your site is looking great,and thank you.
by the way if anyone visits my site and i have done work for you,or ou have seen my work,please leave a testimonial.
gibson-boat-restoration.webs.com/ ,thank you john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26767

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
John
I just added your sight to my favorites, I will be visiting often.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26773

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you neil and ron for the testimonials.and the favorite neil.
jamil i added a link to fg on my site i hope thats ok.
and cc1000(dave) and andrew i also added your sites to my links is that ok?
i think im starting to get the hang of the site,i have another with my art but havent used it much,lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26783

JOHN, have your site on my desktop alongside FG,CBH,NCC,GOL,BFB. how do i upload an album? ron

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 7 months ago #26786

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ron,im going to see if dave can fix that for me,and add a small forum section.im not great at making websites,lol,ill let you know when its ready ,i want folks to post pics,just make sure they know i didnt restore their boats though,lol,i cant take credit for work i didnt do,lol,john,boy i just saw my add in the business section,its a little big,lol sorry guys ,can someone make it fit the window?lol john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #26831

John,
When you are ready. I want a T-shirt too. 3X I'm old,fat and ugly too. I will wear it at all the meets I go to. AOMCI and any Fiberglassic meets. Also BEVRA meets A Vintage Snow Sled Org.
Just give us the word. B)
Oh, Autograph it too. Please
Attachments:

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #26837

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
you got it dave,as soon as i have few extr bucks around its done,thanks i appreciate all of this thanks john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #26841

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
hi all the sizes go from small up to 2x,ill look tosee if they can get 3x,maybe in the premium shirts,although the shirt i got is well made,john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #26844

john, you can't be giving away all these t-shirts. you will have no money for the devilray resto. i'm sending $20. ron

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #26845

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
aww,thats ok ron i think i can get them for about 7 or 8 bucks,plus shipping to the guys,its not much,i appreciate it though,john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #26846

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
after i get a couple of small jobs under my belt,ill get the shirts,lol,john,by the way im having alot of trouble getting into the site,is anybody else having problems,all i get is blue text and no pics,i finallygot in by going a back door,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #26848

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

is anybody else having problems,all i get is blue text and no pics

It's a cache problem or something like that John, I just heard back from Ken and he is working on it even as we speak! ;)

Mark

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #26854

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
All last night and this morning I couldnt get in past the Home page seems ok now.. Thaught it was my new connection.. But if you all had trouble too I feel better now.

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #26857

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks guys ,ken must have fixed it im ok now,john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker, 13 years 6 months ago #26895

John,
Love the site, I also added it to my favorites I also want a shirt when you get some. Size Large please and I insist on paying for it so please let me know the overall cost with shipping. You should make some money on these so you can get the business up and running. I'm more than wiling to pay for that.

Bob

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #26914

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks bob,i know i could use the money,but you guys are all friends,ill only do it free or at cost,thank you bob.
john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #27487

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
to the folks that wanted t-shirts you can get them by emailing me,and ill give you the zazzle site to order from.i dont want to post it here,because im trying to keep this place my 2nd home,lol,and not a bussiness.
plus on each shirt they make you take a royalty of 10%,i will send that to you,i dont want to make money off of them.

i cant believe you guys are serious about them being signed,but if you are just send it to me and ill mail it back for free,thanks to you all,john This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #27488

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
by the way i really wish i could have given them free,but right now i cant afford 10 to 12 shirts,im sorry guys ,john.after i get a job or 2 to do ill buy some up and give them away,so if you want you can wait for that,thanks john

---Mark Twain

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #27490

The package is on the way, it should be there sometime this week. I got the pics., they were great. Thanks Skip

Re:andrew,look what you started,you trouble maker,lol 13 years 6 months ago #27499

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ok skipp,ill paint them and send them as soon as im done,john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7161 guests and one member online