Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Hammondsport (NY) event poster!

New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26601

Not many changes, but enough to post and remind people about a sure-to-be fun filled weekend!

By the way, I have an original 2700 X 3420 pixel original that is about 4MB I can email to anybody that wants a larger, better quality poster.

Any questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26602

hi frank ,i cant see anything at all in either post,is it my computer or the site?
and i would love a poster from the show,i still have last years,but this year is especially important to me ,it has you and your cat on it,thanks frank,john
ok now that i posted i can see it,i want it to hang in my computer room,thank john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event press release 13 years 7 months ago #26606

I keep getting more stuff folks, so bear with me! Sorry, can't post pics that go with the article, not sure how to do it...

Wine Country Classic Boats, Inc.
29th Annual Antique Boat Show and Regatta
Hammondsport, NY July 16 and 17
Our Theme is Classic Fiberglass Travel back to Happy Days!

A strong contingent of Fiberglassics North East members, FGNE, will be represented at this year’s show. There will be a reunion of Custom Craft boats like the ‘64 Sun Ray shown at left. Come and check out this beauty, restored by John Gibson of Indiana, PA.

John Gambill plans to travel to our show from Michigan with his 1957 Arena Craft Barracuda, “Lida Rose”. Built by “Gold Cup Racer” Dan Arena, these boats are as rare as they are fast. With 200 built between ‘55 and ’57, fewer than 20 have survived and less than half of those restored. Come see a piece of history Fonzie would have given the “Thumbs Up”.

We also expect Jerry Ludwig from the Rochester area to bring a handsome group of Woodie Cars to the show. Jerry’s ‘48 Ford, pictured, would have looked look right at home in Richie Cunningham’s driveway or pulling in to Arnold’s Drive-In Restaurant.

If you’re a traditionalist and think a Classic Boat Show means you’ll be seeing old wooden boats, rest assured. In addition to the Classic Glass boats and Woodie Cars, there will be plenty of wonderful wooden boats displayed, too.

Our 28th Annual Regatta is at 11:00, Sunday July 17. This re-creation of past Keuka Lake Regattas will have a long course for the bigger boats and a shorter course for Classic Wood and Classic Fiberglass boaters just looking for some competitive fun.
Come and see what these boats can do, but hold on to your hat!

There will be lots to see and do and plenty a tasty food to sample as well. Come and spend a day with us in Hammondsport and enjoy the boats, cars and exhibits, as well as beautiful Keuka Lake!

The activities are at Depot Park on Water Street, Hammondsport
Show Saturday, July 16, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm Regatta Sunday, July 17, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
The park is Handicapped Accessible and Admission is free.
Visit our web site at www.winecountryclassicboats.com or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26612

thattaboy frank...keep the event current on the forum. ron
Attachments:

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26613

Jeez, I'm trying Ron!

Attachments:

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26635

thinking about entering for the dock space, is a 65 old enough to be a classic?

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26640

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I plan on being there with either a 66 or 67 and I consider them classics.I am not sure of what the excact time line on these are,25-30 years like cars or further back? Personaly I would stop at 1980 as they all seemed to lose there originality around then,if not a few years before that. That's just my opinion, nothing "official".

I also think that blending the Woodies with the Glassics is a step in the right direction if they want to grow this hobby/sport/activity.Years ago the Snowboarders were looked on with disdain at Ski resorts,even banned at many.Well if it wasn't for them half the resorts would be closed down now as they have made there mark$$ and brought a ton of young people to the slopes that would otherwise never have gotten into it.I also love the designs of the Glassics that just could not be done with wood at a reasonable cost.From the hull design,flowing fins,steps and contours of decks and sides,molded in headlights,tail lights and dashboards in all shapes.They are in many cases much more unique than a Woody.Now wood is also beautiful to look at and I look forward to taking it all in!

IF I was running a show I would want as many boats as possible in wood and glass along with aluminum as there are some awsome tinnys out there as well.This ain't a Country Club full of snobs to the best of my knowledge so lets Kick it at Hammondsport!!

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26646

Frank,
Unfortunately after looking at my work schedule I will not be able to make it. I was hoping to bring the Clipper but not this time. I'll have to keep an eye out for some other shows that may be closer to me.

Bob

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26648

BOB, theres the TUCKERTON SEAPORT, TUCKERTON, N.J. (PHILADELPHIA ACBS SHOW)IN SEPTEMBER. pretty much a stones throw from maryland. i attend the show every year. maybe you can make that. ron
Attachments:

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26662

Thanks Ron, that could be a good one. It would be my first show ever so may be good that it's a close one. Is that a trailer and water show? I hope to have the trailer done by then but I think my boat would look better in water right now.

Bob

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26671

frank could you email me that press release with the pics?i would love to see it all,thanks, john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26675

I tried John, but it's almost 5 MB, so we'll see if you can download it. If you can, the poster is a bit smaller and I could email that to you as well. It's about 4 MB.

I always figured a classic boat was pre-70, but there were a number of newer (very slick) wooden boats at the meet last year, so I don't really know what to suggest.

For cars, it's all over the board. NSRA says a street rod is 1948 and earlier. A number of car cruise-ins say 25 years or older, others are wide open.

I see we have a new FGNE forum below. I will start posting stuff there. Thanks you to whoever set those up!

Frank

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26676

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Not sure if this helps, but here's the Categories according to ACBS;

Historic: A boat built before 1919.
Antique: A boat built between 1919 and 1942 inclusive.
Classic: A boat built between 1943 and 1975 inclusive.
Production Contemporary: A production wooden boat built 1976 to present.
Custom Contemporary: A modified or one-of-a-kind wooden boat built 1975 to present.
Replica: A boat built in a non-production manner, intended to be one-of-a-kind, and usually a copy or duplicate of a boat previously built or manufactured.

Mark

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26677

frank thanks for the wine country classic boat show,press release,ill try to post it but doubt i can,i would love to have the poster ,it has you on it,thanks john

ok that didnt work,maybe jamil or one of the moderators can post it for us,thanks john

---Mark Twain

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26684

MarkS wrote:

Not sure if this helps, but here's the Categories according to ACBS;

Historic: A boat built before 1919.
Antique: A boat built between 1919 and 1942 inclusive.
Classic: A boat built between 1943 and 1975 inclusive.
Production Contemporary: A production wooden boat built 1976 to present.
Custom Contemporary: A modified or one-of-a-kind wooden boat built 1975 to present.
Replica: A boat built in a non-production manner, intended to be one-of-a-kind, and usually a copy or duplicate of a boat previously built or manufactured.

MARK, your doing a fine job with your info and the events posting calendar...ron

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26686

john-gibson wrote:

frank thanks for the wine country classic boat show,press release,ill try to post it but doubt i can,i would love to have the poster ,it has you on it,thanks john

ok that didnt work,maybe jamil or one of the moderators can post it for us,thanks john

frank..i want one too but i want it signed. what do you charge for an autograph.
Attachments:

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26688

Yuk, yuk, yuk...

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26696

frank me too!believe it or not when i sod the seaking cabin cruiser i gave the new owner a extra calender that had the pic of it ,me and my wife and yukon,and they insisted i autograph it,lol,
so want one with your autograph too,john

---Mark Twain

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26708

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks Ron, just trying to give a little back!

Mark

Re:New Hammondsport (NY) event poster! 13 years 7 months ago #26748

Here is the .pdf file of the article:

File Attachment:

File Name: Wine_Count...2011.pdf
File Size:379 KB

Sorry John, you might have to go get a cup on coffee or two while this is downloading...
Attachments:

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5974 guests and 2 members online