• Page:

TOPIC: no longer just for craigslist anymore...be aware

no longer just for craigslist anymore...be aware 13 years 7 months ago #26510

• g3jim
  • g3jim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
not sure if this is the right place to post but a "John Watson" wants to purchase all I have posted here on this site.
ust be aware of how you answer these e-mails. Theright thing to do is delete them and never reply to them.

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: no longer just for craigslist anymore...be aware 13 years 7 months ago #26515

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Let me guess- He wants you to ship them all to Nigeria too, right?? I'm sure that the cashiers check is in the mail :)

Re:no longer just for craigslist anymore...be aware 13 years 7 months ago #26516

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I have them send me a check But I put it in the Sheriffs name and the Addy for the county Jail ..I figure if you do that it cost them Time to get it printed and a Letter sent from Africa is gonna cost a Doller or two to send .If everybody did it it would hit them in the Pocket book and maybe the Scum Bags would quit and start looking for honest work .

Re: no longer just for craigslist anymore...be aware 13 years 7 months ago #26517

It is a sad thing but there are many scamers out there. They are smart and are getting more creative everyday. Even when the money is in your account it doesn't mean it's good, it can be taken away as fast as it was sent there. Only do business with people you know, trust or have cash. My real name isn't Gilligan, I don't use it to be a wise guy, I use it for my protection. I had my identity stolen from a bank employee. I don't mean to preach just be careful out there....

Re: no longer just for craigslist anymore...be aware 13 years 7 months ago #26521

Same guy hit me about the Super Seahorse too!! :angry:

Re: no longer just for craigslist anymore...be aware 13 years 7 months ago #26522

The only way to take money from someone that you do not know is Postal money orders

Had someone send me 4 50s ($200) ...1 was good..the other 3 were $5 bills bleached out and a $50 printed over them: The pen that one use to check the bills showed them all to be good bills...The fool did not know that I had a blacklight as to check...I got to keep the $50 amd the SS took the other 3 and he is on the run now......This was for the business not the hobby but it can carry over

The bands in the bills are dif colors under a black light

Florescence of bands under a blacklight:

$100 Pink/Orange
$50 Yellow
$20 Green
$10 Red
$5 Blue

chemistry.about.com/od/glowinthedarkprojects/ig/Black-Light-Photo-Gallery/Bill-Glowing-Under-Black-Light.htm

CAVU

Re:no longer just for craigslist anymore...be aware 13 years 7 months ago #26523

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I'm hesitant to do business with someone I don't know even with money orders- Anything paper can be faked! That's why I love payPal- Easy, Quick, and safe. I've only had one problem with PayPal since I started using it, and it was a seller that just kind of vanished- never shipped, never responded to E-Mails. It wasn't much money, but it was fully refunded to me.

I still can't believe the number of people that STILL fall for these scams- It seems you see another one every day. You'd think people would step back and think. If it seems too good to be true, odds are it is!

-Andrew

Re:no longer just for craigslist anymore...be aware 13 years 7 months ago #26543

Several years back, a friend of mine was selling a 16 ft Hobie Cat and she was contacted by someone in the Azores that wanted the boat shipped over. Claimed have was in the Navy and stationed there. Told her it was a scam and delete it. After he kept pestering her about it, she went and did a little research. Come to find out, the guy was actually active duty Navy, stationed in the Azores and he and some friends were importing H16s so they could all sail and race. The transaction went through without a hitch (hence my comment in a previous post about a company that ships to Portugal and the Azores). Go figure

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:no longer just for craigslist anymore...be aware 13 years 7 months ago #26615

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Although I dont remember the details, seems money orders can be recinded... even if you call the bank and they say the deposit went thru, the scammer can claim they never received item, and the money get "tied up" while investigated...

I guess the crooks have found a way around everything...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5911 guests and 2 members online