Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sunderman Boat Co.

Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #26273

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on the Sunderman Boat Co.

Manufacturer Identification Code XSU

Products Outboards, Open Motorboats, Jon Boats
Keywords SUNDERMAN BOAT CO PO BOX R MORRO BAY 93442

I am hoping to find more information on my boat. The title has it as a Sunderman, P14547 I am looking for any information.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #26302

Does your boat have ID plates? What does the hull registration indicate? Manufacturer Identification Codes were only implemented much after the particular style of your boat fell out of production, the "big bath-tub", replaced by trihulls and deep-vee designs.

Since the boat has a Washington state (WN) hull registration, I assume you are in the Pacific Northwest. Most boats in the Northwest are from a Northwest or West Coast manufacturer.

Take a look at the following link, you might have a P-14:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/P-14

Re: Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #26318

I just acquired the boat from WA state. I am in OR. The previous owner identified it as a P-14. However, the registration / title shows as:

Make: SUNDE Series/Body: POGPR14 HIN:P14547

I have to admit that P14 does appear in the HIN and sort of in the model number.

SUNDE came up in the USCG database as Sunderman Boat Co. Morrow Bay CA. Out of Business since the mid 70's.

Just want to be sure what I have and once I know that I will have more ideas on what to do with it.

Re: Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #26348

As you might determine from the P-14 page in the Classic Boat Library, not much is clear about the history of P-14 boats and the Sunderman Boat Co. may be involved some way. The design may have been licensed to other manufacturers, boat molds sold after bankruptcy, or produced by subsidiary companies.

archives.fiberglassics.com/forum818/showmessage.asp?fm=Forum&messageID=21099
archives.fiberglassics.com/forum818/showmessage.asp?fm=Forum&messageID=1838

Re:Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #26350

I did a google news archive and newspaper archive search for Sunderman Boat, Sundermann Boat, Sunderman and Sundermann and came up empty handed.

The "SUNDE" does not necessarily indicate Sunderman Boat Co. Altho it could. Maybe SUNDE was the last name of the builder??? Or maybe it was a builder that made a handful of boats and then gave up the ship.

Paperwork for boats is notorious for being inaccurate. Do not pay much attention to it.

Look for clues on the boat itself.

Good luck on your quest!

Andreas

Re: Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #26373

The boat in the picture looks super similar, up to and including the pattern on the bow of the two boats the one you reference and mine. I think that we are on the right track there. My dash is flat and smooth. I do not have the P14 logo embossed there. However it does appear to have been repaired at some point.
Attachments:

Re:Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #26376

jim,andy and andreas are fantastic at finding all info on these old boats,i dont know how they do it,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #26385

It is great to have guys that can help... Not to mention not make a real novice feel unwelcome. You guys are all great!

Jim.

Re:Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #26412

Glad to help. I find looking up and learning more about old boats to be a lot of fun. Spreading information about the vintage fiberglass boats contributes much to encouraging folks to preserve, restore, keep them in use, and out of the landfill.

Re:Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #27059

Turns out after much research that I had the wrong company. The actual company is Sunde & d'evers. I found another guy on line that recently bought one like it and there is no mistaking that it is a P-14 Sunde & d'evers made in Seattle.

I am trying to find out more about that company so If you run across something let me know.

Jim.

Re:Sunderman Boat Co. 13 years 7 months ago #27081

HandyAndy wrote:

Glad to help. I find looking up and learning more about old boats to be a lot of fun. Spreading information about the vintage fiberglass boats contributes much to encouraging folks to preserve, restore, keep them in use, and out of the landfill.

"It's all about the boats"...Great job guys...

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Sunderman Boat Co. 12 years 6 months ago #58924

I believe I have the same boat.

Re:Sunderman Boat Co. 8 years 7 months ago #120299

hi my pink slip says 1970 Crest 15 ft, well it is 14 ft and I have not found any crest from 1970(s) this has been driving me dippy after all my work would be great to know exactly what it is want to find some original make model hardware etc she wants to let folks know who gave her her style please help dead end searching for months now :( :unsure:

Re:Sunderman Boat Co. 8 years 7 months ago #120302

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Is it a Crestliner? Don't rely on registration info. Research the glassics library.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online