Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thanks PC1000

Thanks PC1000 13 years 7 months ago #25739

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well after seeing Franks flying avatar, I had to get me one.I bounced some of my thoughts and concerns off PC1000 for the last month and he gave me his takes on them.I had 4 on my radar and ended up buying the one listed on the Glassifieds, so that can be marked as sold! Living in NY and the boat in Cali took some time to figure out.I had my BroNlaw look at it and he handled all the paperwork. So that eased my mind vs how accurate are the pics. I used uship and a company new to them gave me a quote that sealed the deal.They are insured and use the same star rating as Ebay.The only hard part is waiting. When I put a bid request in I used a long time frame thinking I would get a better bid as they like to line up there drops,4-5 weeks is what I am looking at.I will be looking for a period correct 2 spoke wheel and maybe bow light.
Last weekend I went to a antique motor meet and scored a original 1966-74 Merc manual for 20$ that covers all 4 Mercs in my stable. The 110 and 2 65's-all 1966 and the 73-50hp talk about hitting paydirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Thanks PC1000 13 years 7 months ago #25784

Glad I was able to help John, and best of luck. I would be glad to help in anyway in the future, but there is a lot of good info here, and on the Power Cat email list. I can't wait to see how you make out!

I've got that manual you mention, plus the earlier one. The later one like you just got provided me great information installing power trim and tilt.

Don't mind me if I'm not on much, I'm visiting in buffalo, and not at one of my two desk top compouters (home & office). Just getting my licks in while I can...

Frank

Re:Thanks PC1000 13 years 7 months ago #26026

Congratulations. I want one too. Let me know how you like it. It's the blue one right? That's a sweet looking boat. Post some pictures of you haulin' cat.

Re:Thanks PC1000 13 years 7 months ago #26031

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Yes it is the blue one. There were a few rope type burns from the cover being loose.It was not stored at his house and it was in a high winds area.I am hoping they can be rubbed out as they did not hit the primer.If not I do get the leftover paint[if bad at least I have the color number etc] that I will have a professional painter blend in. He has painted the controls black and I will lower them off the gunwale and use the holes for a SS mounting bracket.
Right now the big problem is the Uship guy. Boat is still sitting in my Sisters driveway and I get a notification from Uship looking for feedback on the reported delivery.The guys web site is now down and did not return my call.Sent info to Uship and have not heard back yet.Uship got there fee through Pay pal and nothing else has been sent to shipping company.I did somewhat base my purchase price on shipping cost,it will not break me if I have to go a few hundred more, but I will not be happy about it. We will see what Uship has to say as I wrote them my purchase was based on there shipping cost.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Thanks PC1000 13 years 7 months ago #26169

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
The transport 'company', [man and wife team], according to a Email from them, had a bad accident and are unable to fulfill there agreement.I contact Uship and they inform me there finders fee will be put towards another transaction.They will not credit my Paypal acct.So I have contacted PayPal to dispute Uship holding my money for a future shipment, that I may never use.We will see what happens.
I had contacted another shipping broker that I found on Ebay before comitting to Uship. He listed it and had someone that was going to transport today.Boat was not ready but I call Sister and she said they would have it ready in about 3 hours. Broker calls back a little later and tells me trucker does not have the fuel money to go all the way.He may have been looking for some money up front,my first thought is this guy takes the money and stops in Las Vegas and I never see the boat.We both agree this is not who we want transporting boat.I have the cash when the boat is in my driveway,thats my carrot.Broker thinks he can get it done for less than what we originaly listed it for so he puts it back up for that amount. IT is a lot nicer talking to someone on the phone than just the email with Uship.WHEW,, glad I am not in a rush

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Thanks PC1000 13 years 7 months ago #26272

Keep us posted on how this ends up. How it works out in a timely matter for you.

I'm more of a cash and carry guy. I just don't trust people that much. That does limit my distance for going after a boat though.

Re:Thanks PC1000 13 years 7 months ago #26487

Hi Mr.88,

This is Marisa with uShip's Fraud Prevention team. I sent you a PM with my email address. Please send me an email with your username and the username of the member you contracted so that I can assist you further.

Re:Thanks PC1000 13 years 7 months ago #26683

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
FraudPrev wrote:

Hi Mr.88,

This is Marisa with uShip's Fraud Prevention team. I sent you a PM with my email address. Please send me an email with your username and the username of the member you contracted so that I can assist you further.

Just a quick note here Marisa came through by getting my brokerage fee back from uShip.I applaud there way of finding a post like mine and acting on them.I thought it might be some sort of scam so I was careful in the way I responded.I am back at square one waiting for a bid on my submitted number,which is low for now.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Thanks PC1000 13 years 6 months ago #26820

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well I got a new bid from Uship and accepted it,about 175 more than the original one.This shipper just "joined" uShip a few days ago. I went by his profile listed as he had named some of the items he has been hauling. Spars,FDs, 420's, 505's etc.These are all sailboats and parts.Only someone familiar with these items would be able to name some obscure racing sail boats .Yep I have owned a olympic class sailboat,it was a woody,Star class to be excact.So this is more reassuring as he said he was picking up a Etchell in Canada this Wed and taking her to Cali.So I should have my boat delivered the following Wed ot Thurs on his return trip.Still under my estimated budget,just gotta make room in the garage/driveway. I will have to move a boat somewhere,just not sure where as Erie is still frozen, lol.

cool runnings Mr 88
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5967 guests and 2 members online