Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Invitation to the 2011 Lake Champlain Boat Show

Invitation to the 2011 Lake Champlain Boat Show 13 years 7 months ago #25668

My name is Keith Gaylord. I am a member of the Lake Champlain Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society. I am the chair of the 2011 LC/ACBS boat show which will be held August 12 and 13th in Burlington, Vt.

Our chapter is eager to learn more about the world of classic fiberglass boating and to have a few classic fiberglass boats be a part of our show this year.

If you are interested in helping get us jump started on the world of classic fiberglass boating and/or being a part of our 2011 show please respond.

Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Invitation to the 2011 Lake Champlain Boat Show 13 years 7 months ago #25677

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
KEITH: Pleasure to meet you & THANK YOU for such a nice invitation.
Prior native of Troy,N.Y.. Have been thru your region two summrs ago & ijmpressed with the water clarity of the lake. Did a bunch of scuba divng off the islands for bottles.

. There is a active ACBS fellow out of Albany Brian L that writes articles for the RUDDER mag & should be a source for info. . You have a good date right after the Clayton N. Y show so anyone on vacation in that region can visit both. . As a new ACBS member here in the Tenn , No Ga , (Blue Ridge Chapter), it seems a common cause to grow the fiberglass subject. <mfgs around 1957 are the change over years with some still have wood decks & fiberglass hulls. Crosby , mfg, etc. As well as the C.C. 1959 Silver Arrow going to all F. g.

. There are now some Marque clubs in ACBS that may attend your show as a group (?) GLASSPAR is one brand that seems to have a following along the East coast , as well as Custom Craft built out of Buffalo. . Here is a pic of some of the Glasspar SEDANs, or cuddy / overnight style. I think the different colors would add to a show event. These models have some varnished wood cabin trim.
..................... ..

Re:Invitation to the 2011 Lake Champlain Boat Show 13 years 7 months ago #25695

kgaylord wrote:

My name is Keith Gaylord. I am a member of the Lake Champlain Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society. I am the chair of the 2011 LC/ACBS boat show which will be held August 12 and 13th in Burlington, Vt.

Our chapter is eager to learn more about the world of classic fiberglass boating and to have a few classic fiberglass boats be a part of our show this year.

If you are interested in helping get us jump started on the world of classic fiberglass boating and/or being a part of our 2011 show please respond.

Thank you very much.

Hi Keith,

I live south of Albany, but joined the Wine Country Classic Boats chapter of ACBS (oveer in the western Finger Lakes of NYS) because they are so aggressively welcoming classic glass. Given commitments this summer, we might be able to make your show. Is the event agenda and registration info available?

I'm just hoping to be able to afford gas for such a long trip by the end of the summer!

Thank you,

Frank

Re:Invitation to the 2011 Lake Champlain Boat Show 13 years 7 months ago #25746

Frank,

Thanks for the quick reply. The registration material is not up on our site yet and won't be til early Summer. We're at www.lcacbs.com .

Re:Invitation to the 2011 Lake Champlain Boat Show 13 years 7 months ago #25748

Thank you for the quick reply and pointer to Brian in Albany. I will see if I can get in touch with him.

Re:Invitation to the 2011 Lake Champlain Boat Show 13 years 7 months ago #25753

Hi Kieth. Just saw your message. I need to talk to my wife about the date. The ABM show is the weekend prior and we are in the 1000 Islands for 10 days during that period, and her mom turns 89 on Aug 10th. I don't know if we can get the show in or not, but if we can, we will. There is always a family gathering in the Hamptons for her mom's birthday. We love the lake having lived in the Peru-Plattsburgh area from 70-76. Born and raised in the north country and sailed a Tanzer 16 out of Valcour from 73-76. If we can make it we will. One of my restorations won there last summer, "Dad's Project" owned by Russ Bowen.

Brian

Re:Invitation to the 2011 Lake Champlain Boat Show 13 years 7 months ago #25792

Thanks for the reply Brian. Yes, I know Russ and the boat. Congratulations.

Our goal is to introduce a few classic fiberglass boats, preservations/restorations that show off the best features of classic glass to those unfamiliar with this category of water craft.

Keith

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7025 guests and no members online