Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Glad to be here!!

Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25592

Hey folks, I'm new in town and just thought i'd say hi. I am fairly new to boating as an adault, but have many fond memories of boating with the family as a youngster.
My current boats are a 17 foot Terrasyn Marlin ski boat with a 90 hp evinrude and a 17 foot Doral deep vee with a 150 evinrude.
The Marlin is a bit of a mystery in that i cannot find any information on this boat anywhere. once i find out how to attach pics i'll show ya's what they look like.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25594

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well they say Misery loves company,,, and you will get plenty of that [company] here. I'll beat the rest of the G-aholics to the #1 mantra which is..show us your pics :woohoo: ...

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25595

hello Im totally new as well I have a 16 ft 1972 Shell Lake/Lund fiberglass open m boat with inboard mercruiser do you know anything about these or know anyone that does

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25597

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
yammaddogg wrote:

hello Im totally new as well I have a 16 ft 1972 Shell Lake/Lund fiberglass open m boat with inboard mercruiser do you know anything about these or know anyone that does

Just what is in the Glassics library on the home page and that ends before your model year.Is it made by Shell lake and the model is a Lund or are there two MFG names on the HIN plate? A little confused. You may want to start your own thread on that question.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25598

lets see if this works
Attachments:

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25600

Out of water. pay no heed to the condition of the trailer or the over all condition of the boat. She's no looker but i'm working on that.

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25601

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
What year is the Marlin,nice. Ever try putting the 150 on her? Looks like yuz a 'Rude' dude.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25602

Hmmm I wanted to put some out of water pics up, but it doesn't seem to be working. I am better with wrenches than keyboards.

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25604

Welcome aboard folks!

Go to the Classic Library here on this site to learn more about the various boat builders. There is stuff about Shell Lake and I think some Lund items too.

Shell Lake Boats, Inc. of Shell Lake, WI was purchased by Lund Metalcraft, Inc. in 1968. It was operated as a wholly owned subsidiary for a year and then Shell Lake was merged into Lund. Shell Lake made fiberglass boats and Lund made (and still makes) aluminum boats. The Shell Lake name and identity was slowly phased out by Lund.

Shell Lake did not have a model called Lund.

There were several boat builders that used the name Marlin and even more that used Marlin as a model name.

There was a Marlin Boat Co. at Ft. Myers, FL and a Marlin Fiberglass Boat Co. at Boca Raton, FL. There also was a Marlin firm in southern California.

Andreas

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25607

on the side of my boat it actualy says lund and shell lake title says Shell Lake open m boat hull identification #6601 if that helps

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25608

i searched around somemore it looks to be a 72 Shell Star 15 I.O. were it is stored i cant get to at the moment due to snow dont recall how many cylinders i bought it now we only camp on the river so didnt end up restoring it need to sell dont know if there is much demand for these or if i should just sell it locally for whatever i can get

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25609

welcome misery,you found a great site here,the folks here are the best,cool marlin it looks fast sitting still.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25611

Thanks Johnn, Yeah it gets along pretty well. Just to clarify the boat was built by Terrasyn and marlin is the model. The hull plate got damaged at on time and thats pretty much all i can decipher. That and its rated for a 75 hp motor! Oops. my bad.

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25613

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome guys, glad to have you join us. If you have trouble posting pics, it's usually a size issue. There is a great thread Ken posted in the Support Section that I think you will find helpful:http://www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/support/how-to-post-pictures We'd like to see some pics of your Doral too, misery. Yammadog, there's a "GlasifiedS" section here if you'd like to post the Shell Star for sale. Just click the button in the upper tool bar across the top, there are instructions there on how to go about it. Feel free to start your own thread and post some pics of her is you have any, that always helps immensely if you're trying to sell one. More info the better. Let us know if you guys need help with anything, we're glad to lend a hand with most anything. ;)

Mark

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25615

thanks

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25616

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
That Terrasyn looks a lot like an early Checkmate style. Does it have a pad bottom?

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25619

I bought the doral in the fall in storage so i don't have any pics of it yet, but as soon as we lose the 5 ft of snow we have here right now, i'll get some pics of her up.
I'm still learning all the boat lingo so forgive me if i seem a liitle slow. Whats a pad bottom?

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25706

Lets try some more pics
Attachments:

Re:Glad to be here!! 13 years 7 months ago #25736

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Pad bottom: At the transom the hull forms a vee. If the bottom of the vee has a flat instead of a point, it is a pad bottom. If so, measure the width of the pad at the transom, and how far forward it tapers until it becomes a point. The pad provides a flat surface to run on at very high speeds.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6850 guests and no members online