• Page:

TOPIC: Not Gone But Forgotten The Eshelman and VideoBob

Not Gone But Forgotten The Eshelman and VideoBob 13 years 7 months ago #25287

• videobob
  • videobob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I first registered in the forum back in 2000 or 2001, I think. We met Kelly and Sandy at one of the early "Nationals" that were held near KevFin's house. We were total greenhorns. We found the people and the boats fascinating.

Having been a photographer for some years who returned to college to learn video production, I started video recording the glass boat events and then some of the larger events with antique and classic boats. My wife, Nancy who has a degree in fine art photography, took the stills. We did limit our recordings to "speedboats" and eventually started a website to showcase our videos that would not compete with or try to emulate fiberglassics in any way. Some of you may have seen our site and our videos.

After many years I finally attended an event where I could interview Kelly and the video is still viewable at YouTube and on our DVD. I enjoyed seeing him again and he was very gracious and supportive of our efforts.

I met Peter Crowl several years ago at some Shows and was impressed with his knowledge on everything. And so was he, har,har.

I would like to wish Kelly and Sandy well and hope the site continues to be a beacon for guiding people into the world of boat collecting.

As to this posting and the future, we feel our videos pretty well covered the subject matter (at an introductory level). So, we are more or less retiring from active content creation as well. We will follow the forums here more often and perhaps report our finds or projects.

The exception to our semi-retirement may be to continue helping KevFin with his projects and the videos series we co-founded with him when we are able.

I would make one request to the new owners and administrators. When one of my videos turns up on fiberglassics.com as did the Eshelman Rocket, I would like attribution.

My non-commercial,publically posted videos are at my youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/VideoBgood

As an example, one of my primitive music videos has logged over a half million hits when re-posted by a third party who neglected to mention any of the people who performed shot or produced the original video.

Thanks to all and we're glad fiberglassics is "still-in-use."
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Not Gone But Forgotten The Eshelman and VideoBob 13 years 7 months ago #25293

Bob, ya need an Avatar
Attachments:

Re:Not Gone But Forgotten The Eshelman and VideoBob 13 years 7 months ago #25295

Hi Bob!
Nice to see you.
So are you still doing video but just not as much boat?
Hope you'll find participation here worthwhile :~)

Re:Not Gone But Forgotten The Eshelman and VideoBob 13 years 7 months ago #25298

Hi videobob,

Welcome back and I hope you find this an inviting forum.

I've had my own issues with intellectual property theft, so I hear you loud and clear.

If your video was posted here without giving you due credit, I'm sure it was just an oversight. Regardless, it will be corrected.

On the lighter side of things, that was a great video! Did you do all the editing and production? It looked like something I'd watch on the big screen.

Very nice work. I hope we get to see more of it.

Jamil

Re:Not Gone But Forgotten The Eshelman and VideoBob 13 years 7 months ago #25305

• videobob
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Great shot, Jerry. I don't have many pics of me because the only photographer I know is my wife and she sees too much of me to want pictures around. I'll get an updated avatar and profile going asap.

Re:Not Gone But Forgotten The Eshelman and VideoBob 13 years 7 months ago #25306

• videobob
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Peter, I would hope to contribute a bit but as most of you guys know, boat is a second language to me and I have only a few bits of expertise here and there. I did quite a bit on one of the other forums for a while but realized the only thing I had to add was connectivity, having done a little research into a lot of topics for the videos.

I can't afford to update my equipment and became very frustrated this year shooting "once in a lifetime events" with an antique camcorder. The camera's not the only thing becoming an antique. I'll still shoot for Kevin when he calls but any other work would need to involve fairly serious money to upgrade. I know you can relate.

Re:Not Gone But Forgotten The Eshelman and VideoBob 13 years 7 months ago #25308

• videobob
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I appreciate the term intellectual property but it may be an oxymoron in my case. Public postings to youtube are perfectly ok to embed and share if the submitter allows it. So that isn't exactly what I meant. There's actually several types of Creative Commons Copyrights. unlimited re-use, non-commercial re-use, or re-use with attribution. YouTube doesn't allow for specification... by just using a blanket release in their terms of use contract that nobody reads. I would just like the attribution. Kevin's rocket video was his idea and for the purpose of promoting his website and the concept of an ongoing Series about his restoration projects. He has hoped to find backing and syndication for the concept. I thought it was a good idea to go ahead with what we have so far produced since a syndication deal may or may not ever happen. While his idea, the Rocket video really took-off once it got onto my computer. In my own video Series, I've done hours and hours and hours of work, similar to what most do to their Glassics... on research for domain materials to use in the boat videos. I think we're all getting a kick out of the domain stuff I found for this one and it's probably my best editing so far with the possible exception of the Bernie Madoff music video I made. Thankyou for the sincere compliment, frankly I could count the compliments on one hand, which is why the attribution is rather important. Have a great time and hope to meet you, Jamil.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7042 guests and no members online