• Page:

TOPIC: Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN

Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25107

• Split
  • Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
For all the times we have gone out of state for boats, last week was one of the shortest & sweetest. I had been contacted on E-mail during the winter about a estate boat about 18 miles from home towards the city.. It was a original owner family that has seen very litle water time. The son is living out of state & stated a few sections that would need attention. Asked about finding it a good home. . Rig was very well tarped for winter snow & was inside a locked fence & neighbor guarded.

.Last week finally towed home in 36 degree sun,up along the lake. Only doing 40 mph with rope in each grommet hole , one still ripped a seam. . This pic is our home cove launch ramp .Mid 60's GLASSPAR SEDAN , front cuddy section.

.. Original outboard Johnson 1967 60 hp V-4 , belt drive distributer. . Nice wood bulkhead & the signature Bi-Fold Cabin door. Bunk cushions are in excellent cond. Most of chrome hardware has a Perko name , & some of the rear fittings , some pitting. maybe from a few salt water fishing trips. As there are four pole holders, or Rocket Launchers. .Permanent under splashwell gas tank along with portable. Half of the Brown color is now waxed & I seem to be impressed. . Today was mid 60's & got the 1st section of varnish on some of the trim boards, in short sleeve tee shirt afternoon. Two upholstered Jump Seats are moveable around the rear. Captain seat is fold up / side mounted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25108

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Nice score Larry, congrats! You're getting close to the "Glassic Yacht" status with this one, can't wait to see some pics of her on the water. ;)

Mark

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25128

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Lookin' good.
Nice big boat for cruisin'.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25130

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
That looks like a nice one!!

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25145

Larry,
Nice score. That one should ride real nice. Can't wait to se water pics either.

Bob

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25163

larry very nice looking glaspar,i really like cabin cruisers,i wish i hadnt sold mine,but i needed to get a small garage,you will love it,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25171

Moving right up in the world eh Larry? Nice score buddy! That's gonna be one fun boat!

Frank

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25379

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
THANKS Guys, The Brown color is waxing up nicely & I am becoming a fan of this color.. Mid 60's each day here in east Tenn , got the 2nd coat of varnish on the bulkheads. . The pic also shows the two movable jump seats.. Capt seating has one of those fold up/down stools & fold back ,but need to suppport base stronger.
Cabin door is one of those Signature Bi-Fold/ flip down details pattern with brass hardware.. Most times long gone. Hard to make.

Good way to increase ones collection is find CURTAINS for the wife.. They agree with those models. . This brings me up to FOUR from Four decades, 50's ,, 60's , 70's, & a 84 One Al , 3 Glass , Engines from 2hp up to 140Hp I/O... OLDest =1940s ELTO.

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25385

Nice Seafair Sedan Larry. You're going to love it. They are very stable. and handle well even in heavy water. There is a large group of Glasspar owners around. Many that have been restored, but that is as nice of an original that I have seen, Maybe when it's rubbed out and waxed the brown will look better (lol) most are red, so yours is very "special", My guess the 60 Johnson is a '59. In '60 they came out with a 75. The 75 had a different lower unit that held up a little better. About the only thing that goes wrong with them is the coil in the mag. That boat just begs for twins (just a thought)
I have a '63 Sefair Sunliner that's in the shop waiting for it's makeover.
Jerry
Attachments:

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25460

Congratualrions Larry; That is one fine looking boat. I happen to know that Seafair Sedans ride like a dream and are great boats to use. A real boaters, boat. Have fun in your new toy, really nice find. Brian

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25461

Congratulations Larry; That is one fine looking boat. I happen to know that Seafair Sedans ride like a dream and are great boats to use. A real boaters, boat. Have fun in your new toy, really nice find. Brian

GREAT BOAT- AND JERRY, IS IT YOU??!! 13 years 7 months ago #25497

Split - What a great find! I really like the color and she looks like she's brightening up nicely. I gotta check on those two east of the Hudson this spring.

Hi Jerry! Welcome back!

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25570

Pretty sweet looking boat there. It looks like it will clean up pretty nice. I especially like the cabin door setup on your boat. Very cool. What type of trailer is it setting on? Looks similar to the SnoCo my Uniflite is on.

Nick

1961 Uniflite 19' Express, Bearcat 55 powered
1975 Chris Craft 25' Tournament Fisherman, Twin 181 FL inboard

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #25802

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
64 : Chattanooga Wheelbarrow Co = Tennessee Trailer 67 - 195X, now built right near my town of Soddy - Daisy. . Two old coal mining towns. New dual 8" tires, button detach winch handle from the two speed rod winch , raise nose jack & a locking lever for the hitch ball.. Not a real fan of the drab / flat oatmeal color (?) & has the lower brake lights, no side guides, so I will use the newer White Tenn trl in the pic foreground. . Also white one has four
wood bunks for support, 14 " tires & a spare.

. will refurbish the 67 & paint a light tan color to match part of my 1958 Crosby, 16ft. Here is a bigger LINK pic if you were looking for detail inlinethumb14.webshots.com/46733/2651856900099263945S600x600Q85.jpg

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #26339

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Great Success in last 24 hours. . Engine STARTED right up today after new Diaphram in fuel pump. . Did not see much other carb crud.
Prior son mentioned it may have been 20 years since off trl . May go to launch ramp sunday for shift operation check.

. Got a few nice New bow flag burgees during week from Lady vendor , seem nice quality & reasonable. She has motor logos. Prior owner mailed over big bag of original engine manuals, Glasspar catalog, expanded engine parts catalog, etc. Was a great day.!

...... Learned that this eng has THREADED SCREW IN plug wires to the Top of Dist Cap , not typical Push ON like a car.!! I do not have optional generator on this block.

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #26346

• MarkS
Looks like you scored a goldmine of goodies there Larry, congrats!

Mark

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #26392

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Congrats Larry ... Shes a Nice Old Girl ..Mid 60s and Open water ... Im Jealous ...L.O.L...Its Feb 27th here in upper Wisconsin at around midnight right now .My thermometer says Minus 10 and a 20 MPH breaze ..Aint much Open water here ...L.O.L.

Re: Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #26398

• DelRay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
That is one of my Dream Boats great score! Sure wish it was mine!

Re: Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #26474

You hit the Jackpot this time Larry. I am hoping to see that boat in person real soon. Brian
Attachments:

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #26536

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
TODAY WAS THE DAY. To float / trailer test. Low to mid 50's in S.E. Tenn. Warmer lst two days , but lower unit not connected. Small tach seems to be working,, but seems to need lower seals next item.
Changed over trailers, & more bunk movement needed.. Possible over 20 years since it has been on a water ride.! Hull was DRY as a bone.

Engine re-startes good & Veery Very QUIET.

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #26539

So how did it go? You get her out on the water?

Frank

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #26556

Awesome boat.... Sometimes you just get lucky.

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 7 months ago #26558

• MarkS
Lookin' good up there Larry, congrats on the successful "test float". ;)

Mark

Re:Short Road trip,, 60's SEDAN 13 years 6 months ago #28422

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
LONG Road trip with the 67 Sedan this week. .Most of the initial items got done with nice weather past two weeks in Tenn. Took off Wed with the trl for the "BIG DANCE" in Mt Dora / Tavares ,Fla.
Weather was four days of perfect sun.. Tad windy on Thurs, record heat by Sun, showing 91 when we left the grounds.
... Even had a chance to sleep one night in the cabin, & listen to live rock band.!

.. Almost 20 Glasspars were displayed in the Show, with two other cabin boats getting awards. A sweet 16' DelMar out of Nashville, Tn & Red 66 Sedan out of Tavares,(that I heard was bought last year in the Corral).

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6345 guests and one member online