Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fiberglassics has been sold

Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25102

This is a general announcement.

As of today, Fiberglassics has been sold. An article posted on the home page goes into more depth on the matter, but I wanted to post this here as well.

Nothing that already exists on this site is going to go away. The forums are intact, so is the resource library, and so is everything else that we love about this site.

We will, however, be adding some new stuff. More news, more articles, more... well, stuff, I guess. Our goal is to add to site rather than change it.

As many of you are already aware, I have tremendous respect for what Kelly has built here and the Fiberglassics community in general. I am honored to be a part of it.

So, while what we love about the site remains, you can look forward to more pictorials and tutorials, more innovative content, more timely stories, and more... everything else.

Lastly, thank you all for making Fiberglassics the great site that it is.

Jamil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25104

finally......the mystery is over. best of luck. ron

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25105

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
CONGRATS. I have my valentine glass of wine right here to give both parties a toast. Great to hear more stuff going forward.

. Will even post more pics right now. . THANKS for the good news.

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25111

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Finally exhaling ......whew!

Many thanks to Kelly and Sandi for everything they did for our "hobby/obsession". Years of hard work and mountains of determination and commitment, just plain hard work, and we DO appreciate your efforts.

Jamil, I can't think of anybody better suited to take the helm of this ship. Between your fantastic writing skills, and your knowledge of boat restoration, and willingness to share both with us, I feel like we're in good hands. Thank you for stepping up and wearing the Captain's Cap. Be honest though, the real reason you did this was to increase the number of marriage proposals for Courtney, right? :)

Mark

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25115

I agree with MarkS,

I can not think of anyone better suited to continue the vision of this site. I look foreword to what may come.

Again as MarkS has stated, Thank you for stepping up to the helm.

CD

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25116

BRAVO ZULU!

Re: Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25117

A big thanks to Kelly for keeping it alive for all this time!

Hello, World!!

Re: Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25120

kensikora wrote:

A big thanks to Kelly for keeping it alive for all this time!

+1

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25121

kelly and sandi,you will be and are deeply missed,i hope you stop around once in awhile,with out you guys this wouldnt have been possible,so thank you,john

jamil,im happy you bought it,i was afraid we were going to lose a great classic boat site,a site that means alot to me ,with all the close friendships i made here,counting you,if you ever need someone to help out,just let me know.
of course i mean for free,i know im not qualified to do much,but my heart is in the right place,congratulations jamil,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25126

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Welcome to the captains's chair.
Keep us in calm waters. We are all behind you.
Neil

And Kelly, thank you for that you have done, sincerely.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25127

Thank you all for your well wishes.

My respect for the site is directly attributed to the people who spend their time here offering advice, friendship, knowledge, and experience. So thank you

I may be experiencing early onset dementia. How I could start this thread without directly thanking Kelly is simply inexcusable.

Kelly, above all others, thank you for everything!

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25129

well great...nutting like posting about the "book" earlier just to now have to find out that...the guy who wrote it now is the owner of the site, well still looking into the coosa board because of the "book".

ok so, just to let yea know I am the founder of the "bench" and it seems the only permanent resident of because it is the hand cuff yea see.

hope we can help out when you need it..

Kelly a farmer where, I am sure he gonna get there in an old fiberglass boat, hope where ever he docks come the day he can point his antenna toward his communication satellite that he will drop in and say hello,

fair journey friend.

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25132

Jamil,

Welcome & good luck.

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25142

To Kelly and Sandi and all those also involved:

Thank you for what you created and consistently improved. This site has followers around the world and you have been hugely successful in knitting this vast community together, as well as being a source of many good friendships.

To Jamil:

Congratulations! Your expert knowledge will contribute more to the site, and I hope you get immense satisfaction now that you are at the helm.

Ken,
Australia

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25146

Kelly and Sandi,
I want to thank you for all the hard work on this site. Without this site and the fine people and new friends I never would have gotten my Glassic on the water as soon as I did or in the condition it's in.

Thank you very much!

Jamil,
Thank you for all the excellent tutorials and thank you for taking the helm here to preserve this fine site. I know it's in good hands and look forward to the future.

Bob

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25173

Kelly and Sandi,
After more than ten years at the helm, we hope that you will still stay aboard for the ride... Have a seat, relax, grab a drink, stick your hands in the water, take in the sights and enjoy the wind in your hair. Thank you!

Captain Jamil,
Looking forward to what you have in store!

- Scott

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25175

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Just one final thought on the past;

Ken(sikora) also deserves a hearty thank you from all of us. Many times when this ship was on "auto-pilot", he was the guy in the engine room keeper her steaming ahead. The guy works tirelessly behind the scenes (as does most of the staff here) fixing little "glitches" as they pop up, and I believe is responsible for many of the bells and whistles we've learned to enjoy here.

THANK YOU KEN & COMPANY! I truly hope you are here to stay.

Mark

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25183

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Kelly and Sandi: Many thanks for keeping the site going all these years. Good luck to you in future endeavors, and as others have said, we hope to see you stil around the site.

Jamil: Congratulatiions! We are confident that we are continuing to be in good hands. Thank you and good luck.

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25188

Perfect. Congrats to everyone.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25194

• kawood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi all, Kelly here.

The first thing I need to do here is thank my wife Sandi for dealing with me and everything through the years. An endeavour such as this is always bound to put a strain on any relationship. She's a hell of a woman and without her, I'd have fallen down long ago.

Next, congrats to the new FiberGlassics Commander Jamil. With the talent & drive he brings to the table, I'm sure this place will continue on in the spirit she was created.

For those wondering, I am completely happy with what's transpiring. There is nothing wrong and I'm good. I just wanted to put this ship in the hands of someone that would continue to steer her in the right direction. My life is changing direction and, well... such is life... everything changes.

I'm not going away as I still have my Skagit 20 footer to do. My love for the classic fiberglass boats is still there, but must take a back seat for a while.

Through the years, through the ups & downs, it's always been fun. I've made many friends (and a few mortal enemies... he he) and it's enhanced my life. It's been 1/4 of my life that I'll not forget.

In the future, I'll be working on a small gift that hopefully Jamil would put on the site. Call it a "wall of fame" presentation from the beginning.

It's really neat to think that this little idea I had long ago has turned into the amazing resource that it is today. It couldn't have gotten to this point without everyone's help... Most importantly Ken and the volunteers that have been behind the scenes that have the same focus and drive.

And of course everyone else... you all did it.

A huge thanks, everyone.

This is Kelly "Webmaster" Wood, signing off for now.

May you all have calm waters ahead. :)
Attachments:

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25196

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I'm sorry to say that I guess I don't know Jamil but am sure the Woods would not have sold the site to him unless he could cary the ball.
I will only say that all the years I have been hanging around this site it has enabled me to gather a great group of new friends and garner a ton of knowledge that never would have happened without it.
Kelly and Sandi must know now and in the years to come even more that they were pioneers,and should hold deep in their hearts a momentus amount of satisfaction and pride knowing that they were the instagators of what is now and will be for years to come an institution of enduring respect and admoration which will cary on for decades. They built a lasting monument to themselves and for all of us.

Thank You,
John Gambill
JAG

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25205

Thansk to all involved in the beginning and past years. Good luck to the new owner. And as JAG mentioned, I am not familiar with Jamil but I am sure he will do fiberglassics.com the credit which it deserves.

Andreas

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25209

This is a great site, and I have learned a lot from all of you guys. Glad it will keep going in good hands.

Re:Fiberglassics has been sold 13 years 7 months ago #25334

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Jamil, WOW...Awesome.......Glad it's a friend.
Kelly, hope you got million's, lol

Thanks to all, I love this site..., Mike

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7037 guests and no members online