Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ron - snow shots

Ron - snow shots 13 years 7 months ago #24890

Here's some shots of the Power Cat under wraps. Given the amount of snow we've had this winter, I'm happy the tarp held! You can easily see off to the side (where my son Gregg is) the pile of snow higher than the sides of the boat that has come of the tarp. You can also see that the tarp protected the inside of the boat just fine. Sorry, but I couldn't get back any more for perspective. The snow is just too deep.

Our gallon jugs of water to anchor and stretch the tarp are encased in ice & snow. It will be a while before they break free.

The old hollow core door is over the transom because the splash pan developed a crack when we got freezing weather and I really didn't want any snow to get in there.

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Ron - snow shots 13 years 7 months ago #24892

lucky gregg didn't break thru or you would of needed a heli to get him out. :laugh:

Re:Ron - snow shots 13 years 7 months ago #24893

Re:Ron - snow shots 13 years 7 months ago #24894

He was not in danger of breaking through, trust me! That is a solid mound, it's unbelievable. We have a tremendous amount of snow here. I only hope it doesn't melt all at once.

Re:Ron - snow shots 13 years 7 months ago #24900

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks like you need a tent pole to keep that tarp from imploding.It seems like I have about a foot more, not like thats anything to brag about.I have given up on trying to keep the sidewalk scrapped to the cement.Stone driveway has about a 6" solid buildup.I have seven boats.,trailers,vechicles in the driveway and I have run out of room to put the snow by the side of the fleet.Next year I may be calling Tim C and storing there.This is a good ol fashion winter for sure.
I am penciling in my big three events for the season,Keuka,Silver Lake and the Buffalo Launch Club Show in Sept. Right now the only day I have free for those are Saturdays,better than nothing.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Ron - snow shots 13 years 7 months ago #24902

We hope to go to a number of shows this summer, but I also want to hit the Adirondacks just for some fishing. I just found out about Silver Lake (June 4). Hmmmm!

We have never experienced a winter like this one since moving here. Very heavy duty. Warm up coming maybe...

Frank

Re:Ron - snow shots 13 years 7 months ago #24904

My Dad's poor old 17' mahogany runabout finally met its end because of heavy snow. They were away for the winter and got enough snow that it caved in the cover and entombed the boat. When it melted it was heavy enough to split the hull open like a hotdog bun. It was beyond salvage. Cutting up that old girl with the chainsaw was a sad day.

Glad yours held.

Re:Ron - snow shots 13 years 7 months ago #24905

That tarp was only for this season. It will have a solid roof on it next year.

Too bad about the runabout...

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6727 guests and one member online