Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: need help in identify this boat

need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24584

i dont know the year make or model but its fiberglass and it says maverick on the rear tail fins thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24587

to me it looks like a glastron model, www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Glastrona59002.jpg
or a flying fish model,but im not an expert on either brand,lol,john
oops,i ment "red fish",not flying fish,lol,but im still wrong.lol

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24588

ill have to get some better pics and post them up. are these boats worth anything, is it worth restoring. i know she holds water but i havent put in the water yet.

Re:need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24589

Whether or not it's worth restoring depends largely on how much you like it. However, a restored SeaFlite (though it looks more like a Redfish Shark to my eyes...either way) is a great looking boat regardless of its monetary value.

I would do it if I were in your shoes.

Re:need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24590

how can someone go about getting a title for a boat. this boats been sitting out in the woods for a long time and the boat was given to me in return for painting a truck. there is a fl reg number on the side of the boat. is it possible to get a homemade title?

Re:need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24591

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks like a pretty cool boat!

Getting a new title and/or registration varies by state. Contact whatever office deals with that in your particular state, and they can tell you what to do. In some states, it's relatively easy- In others, virtually impossible. It is prudent to make sure you'll be able to title and register the boat BEFORE investing any time and money in to it!

-Andrew

Re:need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24603

• gil
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Robert....I believe the boat you have is a Carr-Craft Maverick made in one of the suburbs just out side Detroit,Mi. The company was bought out in 1959 by Connie Ray and went on to become Sea Ray. I am in the process of restoring one and should be done this summer.
Regards..........Gil

Re:need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24607

welcome and hi robert and gil,i would love to see more pics of both of your boats,i never seen a carr craft before,very interesting.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24610

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
1994robert wrote:

how can someone go about getting a title for a boat. this boats been sitting out in the woods for a long time and the boat was given to me in return for painting a truck. there is a fl reg number on the side of the boat. is it possible to get a homemade title?

IF I had a older boat without a title and the loopholes that they make you jump through were not possible.I would probably do this. Check out CL,boneyard or wherever and find the cheapest /oldest rig in the 16'fiberglass range with a title/registration. I would register that and put the numbers on the other boat. You are paying the state money which should make them happy. Anyone pulling you over is not going to have a clue to what your piloting.They glance at the reg,check your saftey equip and see that your not wasted.I have never seen them physicaly check any HINs which probably are not on that boat if pre 72ish? No I am not advocating breaking the law, just bending it.You are in a reg.boat and have paid your dues.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24618

i am going to my dads shop tomorrow and i will grab some more pic then and post them up. and i would like to see some pic of your boat gil that would be cool. might stop by the dmv tomorrow and ask about some info on how to get a title for the boat. thanks and check back tomorrow.

Re:need help in identify this boat 13 years 7 months ago #24619

sorry about the copyright thing the program i used add the water mark but ill put up some fresh pics tomorrow these are the ones i found saved on my computer

Re:need help in identify this boat 12 years 7 months ago #55888

Well I know this his a old thread but from what gil told me it is a Carr craft. This is one of three know to exist. Still ha ent got to restore her yet I'm deffentily going to. Don't care how long it will take she will cruise the rivers once again.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.602 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online