• Page:

TOPIC: Using a pwc lift?

Using a pwc lift? 13 years 8 months ago #24267

• Zwarbyt
  • Zwarbyt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Just curious if anyone has ever used a jet ski lift or hoist for their runabout or small boat. I know my boat weighs less than a jet ski, close to 500lbs

If not has anyone done any diy lift projects?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Using a pwc lift? 13 years 8 months ago #24272

We have floating jetski docks made by jetdock and my 14 foot boat fits on nicely

Re:Using a pwc lift? 13 years 8 months ago #24280

I help built many boat lift on the TX coast....we build from scratch...no kit...parts from WW Grainger

Worm gear box winding cable around a 2" pipe...have lift a 24 ft Robalo with twin 235 Rudes; on the largest one....they hang for weeks if not months at a time

CAVU

Re:Using a pwc lift? 13 years 8 months ago #24313

• Zwarbyt
  • Zwarbyt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Mind if I ask what you paid? Looking to spend something between 5-600 needs to hold up to 3-7 ft waves on lake ontario

Re:Using a pwc lift? 13 years 8 months ago #24315

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Zman if I had land or access to being on a lake like Ontario I would consider the 'rail system'. I would guess your boat,motor and all equipment on board would be closer to 700lbs.The motor is close to two hundred and a couple gas cans [40lbs] , battery , anchor saftey equip etc it all adds up.Unless your on a protected bay that lift will take a hammering unless overbuilt. I see they go for 1500 and up looking at the Syracuse CL.I would guess 50-60 feet of steel would make a long enough rail system.Maybe 3 sections so you could pull it out in the winter. Then a winch motor 110ac or 12 dc depending on source from tractor supply or where ever,with a pulley system.Make a wood cradle mounted on a dolly with steel wheels and your good to go.Look in a scrap/recycling yard for steel.Or you could be on a high embankment, then forget about the Railroad. Just a thought.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Using a pwc lift? 13 years 8 months ago #24323

If you were writing about our lifts...I would have to put a pencil to it, They are built on poles out in the water, You have a weighted sling that you drive the boat over and then lift. We lift out boats 9 to 10 feet off the water. you can lift higher ...just depend on how high the cover is off the water

CAVU

Re:Using a pwc lift? 13 years 8 months ago #24385

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Zman there is one [2] listed on CL,,Finger Lakes 250 per or 400 for both.Might be a under 500 option that you were looking for. If not high enough you could 'strip' one to make longer legs.

cool runnings Mr 88
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6724 guests and one member online