Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info

Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 8 months ago #23909

Mark your calanders because we have a date for Beloit's own Midwest All-Classics Boat Show for 2011! It is scheduled for August 20, 2011 at Preservation Park. The address for the park is

Preservation Park
3444 Riverside Dr.
Beloit, WI 53511

I have also reserved a block of 20 rooms at Rodeway Inn, but that can be added to based on attendance. The price for reserving a room at Rodeway Inn will be 53.99 + tax, for a total of 61.28. You can call any time up until August 5 to be gauranteed a room. The address and phone number to the hotel is

Rodeway Inn
2956 Milwaukee Rd.
Beloit, WI 53511
608-364-4000

If you are bringing a boat and would like a room facing the parking lot so that you may keep an eye on your boat, let the front desk know you are bringing one when making your reservation. If needed, there is additional parking in the empty parking lot next to Arby's. If you would like to stay at a different hotel than Rodeway Inn, please email me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) and I will send you a list of other hotel options.

Something new that KevFin and I have decided to do starting this year is to make name badges for everyone attending. Please email me your First and Last Name, Name of Guest (if bringing one), Where you are from, and Year, Make, and Model of Boat (if bringing one). I will be making two for everyone: one for the dinner on Friday, August 19 and one for the the day of the show. In order to obtain them, find KevFin or myself and we will make sure that you get your yours.

Becca
fingirl121

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 3 months ago #35001

bump

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 3 months ago #35030

Im going to try to make it... My GW isnt show material but Ill drag it up if I can get off work.

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 3 months ago #35178

We are looking forward to having you and the number of people who plan on coming.

When you know for a fact that you can make it or have any questions, please email me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) your First and Last Name, Name of Guest (if bringing one), Where you are from, and Year, Make, and Model of Boat (if bringing one). I will be making two for everyone: one for the dinner on Friday, August 19 and one for the the day of the show. In order to obtain them, find KevFin or myself and we will make sure that you get your yours.

If I don't have one for you, we will make sure that you get one!

Becca
fingirl121

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 3 months ago #35262

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Perhaps you need to make a page on facebook !! good way to get the word out !!

2cents.

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 3 months ago #35280

Thanks for the suggestion, Matt. I will consider the thought and try to get one done for this year's show. If not, I may do just that for future events.

Thanks again!

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 3 months ago #35365

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
no problem...I use FB and you wouldn't believe the different events that people use...
There is a few vintage Merc pages not sure on the glassics?

I am marking calendar for this and I hope I can make this year.

Matt in Illinois

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 3 months ago #35369

Ill only be up for Saturday... Work wont let me take time off in Aug and technically I am supposed to plan on working Saturdays so, it will be a last min thing if I can make it and Ill just drag my stuff for the show.

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 3 months ago #35448

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Is this a swap meet kind show also? I mean do peopel bring in items to sell or possibly trade?

Matt in Illinois

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 3 months ago #35770

This is not a swap meet. However, anyone that wants to set up things to sell or trade is certainly urged and welcome to do so.

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 3 months ago #35772

That is quite alright that you are only able to come on Saturday. You will be missed Friday night. Just send the info requested if you would like to have a name tag made for you.

Line Up.... 13 years 2 months ago #38440

*Update* With the boat show just around the corner and KevFin under the weather, I have been busy getting ready for the show. Here is what the weekend will look like:

Friday night:

For those of you that reserved a hotel room at Rodeway Inn, you may start checking in at 2 pm.

We will have the usual kick-off dinner at Rock on the River Bar & Grill. I have made reservations for 6 pm, but I am sure they won't mind that we come a little earlier to sit down at the table and visit.

Saturday:

I will have signs posted beginning at Rodeway Inn (the hotel I reserved rooms at) directing travelers to Preservation Park. When you arrive at the park, find KevFin or myself and we will make you a name tag on the day of the show.

Road Kill Grill (a local food vendor) has graciously agreed to bring their trailer and serve us lunch at the park. You can expect them to start serving at 11:30 am. This represents a substantial investment on their part, so we hope you will make plans to enjoy their fine selection while wondering about the show.

For the farewell dinner, I have made reservations for 6 pm at Benedetti's Supper Club. You are allowed to leave your boats at the park while you are having dinner or bring them along, however, the park does close at 10pm and we have to cleared off the premises by that time.

Feel free to come out on Sunday to "Fin City" for a visit before going home.

If you have any questions about the show, please email KevFin or myself and we will be happy to help.

Becca
fingirl121

Re:Line Up.... 13 years 2 months ago #38450

Becca; Just a heads up, the Florida Glasspar Club's Midwest Chapter is planning on being there in force in support of your event once again this year. I spoke to Glen yesterday and he said he is expecting a good turnout of club members at your event.. I wish for good weather and a great weekend for you all. Have fun!! Brian :)
Attachments:

Re:Line Up.... 13 years 2 months ago #38688

Sweet deal! We are so excited for the show because from what I hear people are bringing, this is going to be quite the event!

I sure hope you are right about the weather, Brian, because I plan to do a little waterskiing!

Re: Line Up.... 13 years 2 months ago #39159

Can someone please copy the "Line Up" part of this post and put it in the General Forums section of www.clasicglasspars.com ? We are having the Florida Glasspar Club's Midwest Chapter back this year and I would like them to have some idea of what is going to happen the weekend of the show. Thank you!

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 2 months ago #39661

We cant do the whole weekend, but my son-in-law and I are hoping to work it in our schedule to come on Saturday with our boats.

We have a few questions, Is there a cost to register? Are any boats going to be in the water? Is launch close? Cost to launch? How far can you run on that portion of the Rock? Dock space available?

Sorry for the all the questions.
Thanks!

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 2 months ago #39704

No trouble at all about the questions; if you don't ask, you don't know.

There is absolutely no cost to register for this show, however, the fee to launch your boat right from the show's site will be a one time daily fee of $6.00 per boat, which also entitles you to park as needed at any of the docks along the river. You can run your boats from the Portland Ave. bridge north to the sand bar just south of Janesville, which I believe is about 6 miles give or take.

We have a dock, as I said before, at the show site, however there are 2 other places that have docks available for launching at Wooten Park (across from Rock on the River) and Armstrong-Eddy Park (across the river from Rock on the River). If you need directions, I will give directions the day of the show.

Hope this helps!
Becca
fingirl121

Re:Beloit's 2011 Midwest All-Classics Boat Show Info 13 years 2 months ago #39713

cross your fingers that union employees on the east coast dont go on strike so I can make the show. I really want to bring my "new to me" g3.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5358 guests and one member online