Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project

albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23744

vintage glastron project rare to find - $600 (mass)

Reply to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

this model was only made in 68 an 69. Unlike the GT 160 which looked like the James Bond GT 150 this had the steering cockpit way aft and the forward seats were long making it appear like a tri hull which it is not. This is the aqualift GT 160 Hull. Very fast with a 115 over 50 MPH. This is a project. Very complete. Boat and trailer 600 or BRO

I will have to take photos. Cell phone cam only. E-mail with phone number I will call back and get some pics
no trades cash only

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23745

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Frank : Good Catch . I had always like this unique style. Almost like the wood runabout "Gentlemans Racer" style. Can almost reach back & touch the O/B.. Heard they can be a tad tail heavy & a 75hp will not plane quick enough. need that 115 hp that mentioned. ?

. Think one of our members here G-3 (?)had a red ,big new engine one for sale at one time.. Like all Glastron of that era check the transom for rot.

Again Frank ,"Good Sighting"

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23752

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
yes that was my red and white GT 160 I had a 115 on it. Had to sell it and now that I replaced it with a more of a project one I need to put this up on the block. I need $$ and space. These were always popular with a 100 + outboard on them I never seen one (not that there are many) with a 75 on it. She has the true aqualift hull and rides on a pad keel. The boat handles like it is on rails. This one has everyting she is dry and dusty but complete. The guy before me painted the hull dark blue metal flake. I would have stuck with the glastron color scheme but......... sheis pretty solid I have a transom pad made up for it if needed. $600 with trailer
photobucket link: s718.photobucket.com/albums/ww188/g3jim/1968-69%20Glastron%20GT%20160/

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23753

jim, do i understand correctly that the ad i posted is for a boat you are selling? gee, small world eh?

frank

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23755

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I got to say one thing. That if photos tell a 1000 words, I must be missing something. I see a bunch of somethings, I am not sure of though. It looks like I am looking into a man cave without the lights on. I just can't tell what I am looking at.

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23756

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I am just trying to make heads or tails out of you sentence. She is dusty, dry, protected and all parts are wihin the boat which which is in project status as I advertised it. Lighting is poor in the basement of the barn and I am living off my cell phone to take pictures since my main camera and pc have been down.

let me know if you have any questions and we can discuss.

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23757

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
DAVE: Here is a co brochure LINK on the style www.classicglastron.com/68gl-gt160-web.html . Windshield moved much towards rear than normal . Longer leg room up in the bow area. . Sort of like a Thunderbird Car head rest / tonneau cover / splashwell. I see this part in the basement pic of G-3.
. Glastrons are collectible & this model is only a two year run (?) . If it is a solid hull , sounds attractive.IMO.

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23758

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
You are correct good man 2 year run on this particular model. She is fast, sexy, and offers a very stable ride. Hate to sell it.

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23759

gee! good luck with it jim.

i had a great day today, other than the snow & cold!

frank

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23761

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
good to know you are feeling well Frank!

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23767

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Split, I can see the boat in the link for about 2 seconds and then the computer goes into a "load mode" that it won't come out of. What I see, I like. I have seen the G3's and love them....allot.

Re:albany, ny craigslist - vintage glastron project 13 years 8 months ago #23771

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Dave: Sounds like you need to try again, or another pc. ? Link works for me , Three pics , two Red hulls, one Green . Will try post attach pic inside test here .(?) .. The G-3 Glasspars are 13 ft , I had two in prior years. This Glastron for sale should be 16ft.. Mouse Click on PIcture , it should even ENLARGE.? .
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6626 guests and 2 members online