1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23559

Fins

Front

Fishfinder

Seats Floor Plywood

Four Seats without windshield

Removable seats

MISSING PIECE (CAN ANYONE HELP)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23570

welcome dremd,i am pretty sure you have a 1959 cutter jet de ville,in 1959 they made the front deck thicker,then previous years,i learned that from doug.
nice boat i have one and i love it,be very glad you have the vollrath bowlight ,its hard to come by and expensive as are the cleats,they are stainless steel,im lucky my good friends on here suprised with a bowlight for christmas.here is the front of my 59 ,it says 57 on the windshield but its a 59.
there are some out there that have your missing peice,ill look around for you,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23572

NICE BOAT, I also have the original name plate which says "relax its a cutter" and has serial number. I have the same type of steering setup and it is wonderful. I appreciate the help in finding that back piece. I love the dual trumpet on yours, is it 12v? I also have that round tag on your dashboard, i need to clean it up a bit before putting it back on the boat.

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23573

thanks dremd,also if you take out the seats and floor there is a very thick fiberglass floor and seats,you drain holes are in the floor just in front of the seats.here are a couple of pics,by the way you might want to do what i did and pull out the foam thats in the seat bases,mine was compleatly water logged,about 300 lbs of it,john by the way the horns are air horns,but they are too far gone,but i restored a bigger set and painted them blue because thats the clor im going to paint the boat.
Attachments:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23576

Not sure I want to bust open the seats right now...i drove around with it all last summer the way it is, and it drains water perfectly. I love the boat and the look, I take this baby out in ocean all the time and it handles 2+ like a pro 3-4+ is where i call it quits and go back into the bay

If I do anything else to boat it will only be cosmetics like back piece and putting the serial # plate and decals back on, maybe a radio and speakers

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23798

ASKING FORUM FOR HELP FINDING THIS PIECE...anyone know a junk collector

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23799

dremd,here is a place that used to have a 59 cutter jet de ville awhile back,my friend told me they had it,and it looked good,i dont know if they still have it but its worth a try,john
Crown Point Classics
Not Rated | Write a Review
5605 State Rd 51, Hazelhurst, WI 54531
www.crownpointclassics.com .

(715) 358-7817

---Mark Twain

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23801

hmmm,the link is not working,i dont know if the phone number will or not,by the way the de ville they had was light blue on top and white on the hull,like yours,you should be anle to look up the right email addy on line,john

---Mark Twain

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23802

i hope this one works for you,john
www.crownpointclassics.com/

---Mark Twain

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23811

Not sure if Crown Point Classics is still in business. They had a monster auction in July 2010 - forced upon them by creditors. I assume everything that was in the auction did sell and went away.

I was at the preview and a friend of mine was at the auction - buying up lots of old boats.

Andreas

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #23813

did he happen to buy that piece =o)

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #24060

What do you guys think about the boat?

Any suggestions of thigs I should get or put on the boat?

Re:1957 or 1958 Cutter Jet DeVille 13 years 8 months ago #24061

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
An older Merc. Those mid 1970's three cyl motors have a love/hate following, mostly hate. A mid 1960's four cyl Merc 65 would be a good choice.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6639 guests and 2 members online