• Page:

TOPIC: Mt Dora Show activity

Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23287

• mtdoragary
  • mtdoragary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We're having another party at Trinity Oaks Farm and Fiberglassics members are invited! Those of you who remember the last party we had probably remember getting stuck in the sand! Well, we have a new entrance now with no soft sand and no chance of getting stuck! There's plenty of parking, and plenty of new socializing space! The Florida Glasspar Club is hosting the dinner at our place just north of Mt. Dora on Friday evening during the Sunniland Boat Show in Tavares Florida (formerly known as the Mt Dora Boat Show). The meat will be catered and BYOB. Some people are also brnging side dishes or deserts. The donation will be $10 per person. There is plenty of parking. We'll all have a great itme!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Blest boater

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23297

we had a great time at mt. dora in 2006 and 2007. attended both of Gary's bbq's. experienced southern hospitality at its best. i remember in 06 sitting next to my boat, knowing nobody other than Gary through the message forum, when this man walked up to me and introduced himself. he took me around introducing me to various members of FiberGlassics, his name Jim Savage. we've become good friends over the years since that date. in 07 Gary and Ivy invited us to stay at their place (Trinity Oak Farms)in Eustis, a stones throw from the show. we got to meet Thumper, Gary's dog and Ivy's horses. Sue got to shovel horse manure for the first time in her life. she can't seem to sit and watch while there's work to be done.
if anyone happens to be there and wants to meet some terrific people, and hear some amazing stories in the Gazebo after dinner, go to Gary's, you won't be sorry.
Sue and I aren't sure if we are going this year due to the stops i'll have to make on the way down for dialysis. every other day is a PIA when you spend 5 days traveling...we'll see, ron
Attachments:

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23301

• mtdoragary
  • mtdoragary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
You won't have a hotel bill if you come, Ron!

Blest boater

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23794

My wife, Lana and I are considering coming to the Mt. Dora Boat Show in March, 2011 and are interested in attending your gathering. We may stay at a friend's place at Lake Helen. Can you tell us about how far away this is from the boat show?

Thanks,

Jerry Haynes

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23857

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi Jerry, it looks like 40 miles,the show is at Tavares,fla actually, there are signs when you get in town, it is right on mt Dora lake at the city park if I am not mistaken. it is a good show and alot of fun.At this point I am not sure who from up north are coming but I do know that Erik and I and our wives are coming,,see ya Bill

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23883

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Can anyone remember the owner & wife of this prior Mt Dora show
raceboat , Bright yellow , Merc Stacker engine. ?? Believe he was side knck of Tommy - in - Tampa .?
THANKS & the boat hull model scores Extra Karma.!! ..I believe show about six years ago.
Attachments:

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23887

Larry; I believe that boat belonged to Gary McNorris at the time but I believe he sold it at that show. Gary fired that thing up at 7 oclock in the morning and woke the whole town of Mt. Dora up on a Sunday morning with it. He is connected with Tommy in Tampa in that he did a restoration or two for him. Gary does super nice work. By the way we now have around 40 people signed up to attend the BBQ at Garys place. Are you attending the BBQ Larry?

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23911

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
THANKS Brian, know you have all the Florida history. That was the Year Jim Savage & I were pushing our G-3's thru the weeds, etc trying to find a shore line or overflow beach.? . Stay dry see tornado warning on your coast tonight. Another round of snow for TN , am selling my 4 wheel drive Jeep & got 20 customers.

. Working on Mt Dora, latest offer is to trailer one of my friends two 19' + ,, 120mph + vintage hydros to Mt Dora for the TWO week stay of both shows.

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23924

not to mention the mud.... :pinch:

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23932

Do we register or just show up? If we register, how? I plan on attending. Thanks

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23940

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
GIL: If one goes to the show as a SPECTATOR there is a $5 / day admission.. If you were asking about the BBQ party, write Gary for a head count.

BOAT Display: Need to web apply with a photo to ACBS, Sunnyland chapter,, & will be about $40 for the four day show. Boats need to stay from Thursday to Sunday afternoon. Farm tractors will assist launching, not allow early exit.
...... AOMCI Club ,? The Florida chapter usually has a side land display & if you are a club / chapter member it may be less $$ (?) if you have 14' or less rig ,(?)

. Again this is the 24th annv, & is a NON-Judged show, however there are some supporting sponsors (Believe they donate $250) & Sunday am usually hand out a few awards for unique or crowd favorite boats.. This year is Race boat theme & a full vintage program will be a week prior to vendor show.

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23977

The Florida Glasspar Club is sponsoring the BBQ with an invitation extended to all Fiberglassics members to attend. At the last Mt. Dora outing that was held at Garys place the Fiberglassics group was kind enough to invite the members of the Florida Glasspar club and so the FGC is returning the kindness. Gary Simpson aka mtdoragary is hosting the dinner and get together for everyone on his property. There is plenty of room for everyone. If you wish to attend you can respond to this thread and let Gary know you are comming and I will also add you to the list the Florida Glasspar Club has going. There are over 40 people already signed up to attend this boaters get together. You can also come over to the Florida Glasspar Club's displays at the boat show and let us know you wish to attend the BBQ. Its just one more fun thing to do while attending the Mt. Dora Boat show this year. While this show has been known for years as the Mt. Dora Antique boat show it is now being called the Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival and actually takes place in Tavares on the opposite side of the lake from Mt. Dora... The Mt. Dora show has now become the largest boat show of its kind in the country. If you like vintage and antique boats there is something for everyone. Brian

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #23989

The plan today is to fly into Key West, spend some time there with my Wife, leave her there, rent a car and attend the picnic and show, go back to Key West spend some more time and go home from there with my Wife. Her interest level in boats isn't quite the same as mine. So sign me up for the picnic! Thanks

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #24182

The wives of members of the Florida Glasspar club usually go over and spend the day on Saturday in the town of Mt. Dora which closes its downtown area for a large antique show and sale for the weekend. The ladies shop in the little gift shops, antique shops and eat and visit at the Tea Toom for lunch in the area. The ladies really enjoy themselves at this show. That having been said there will be over 60 members of the Florida Glasspar Club attending this event in support of the club and I have also heard from a number of Fiberglassics members that will be joining in the clubs BBQ as guests of the FGC on Saturday night during the show. If you will be attending and would like to come to the BBQ email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or respond to this tread so I can add your names to the list to insure there will be enough food for everyone. thanks Brian

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #24183

Brian:

My wife, Lana and I are planning on coming down to the Mt. Dora Show in March and would like to attend the BBQ. Bringing our 1959 Herters.

Thanks,

Jerry Haynes

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #24193

Thanks Jerry; You and Lana have been added to the list of those joining in at the BBQ on Friday night. Look forward to meeting you and your wife in person and seeing your Herters. Brian

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 8 months ago #24194

Gilligan Please post your name so I can add it to the list of those attending the BBQ. Thanks Brian

Re:Mt Dora Show activity 13 years 7 months ago #24403

Gilligan; Got your email and your name has been added to the list of those attending the boat show and comming to the BBQ. Brian

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6725 guests and one member online