• Page:

TOPIC: 63 Johnson

63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23135

• joenawlins
  • joenawlins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Watched the bidding go to zero sec and I had high bid and then I refreshed and I lost it!!! PO'D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23136

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
So, what was the winning bid ?

cool runnings Mr 88

Re: 63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23140

• joenawlins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member

Re: 63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23145

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Two words....Power Snipe. I use it and have only lost 1 auction and by the looks of the bidding the winning bidder did too.

Re: 63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23146

• joenawlins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
His bid was placed with 27 sec with me in the lead and nothihg came o the page that the bid went up

Re:63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23147

Joe - sorry you lost it. Someone will hopefully give it a good home. Keep looking - they are around. As for last 2nd bidding, I haven't sweated out an auction in about 8 years. I started using a sniping service & never looked back. They cost peanuts to use (like 1 cent per dollar bid) and they only charge you if you win. It's impossible to snipe without one of those services, because the line your computer is on is far too slow to do last 2nd bidding. With a sniping tool, you decide the absolute maximum that you'd bid & set it at that. The tool will only bid the minimum amount needed for you to win, unless of course, someone else has a hidden bid that exceeds your maximum. This keeps you from getting emotional at the last moment of an auction & bidding more than makes sense. Just make the snipe bid days ahead of closing & forget about it. You don't even need to be online after making your snipe bid.

Pretty cool stuff.

Re:63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23153

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Sniped- I hate it when that happens!

I've been sniped more than once. I've also had items that I'm selling driven WAY up in the last seconds by sniping- Sp as much as I hate the practice, It's sometimes nice from the sellers standpoint.

That's why you've just got to put the MOST you are willing to pay in as a bid, and forget about it. Yeah, it sucks when something you REALLY wanted sells for a few dollars more than you had entered as a maximum- But like any auction, you've just got to keep your emotions out of it, or you're in TROUBLE!

I'm sure any of us that have been to a 'live' auction have seen something that went way too high because there were a couple of people in the room that had to have it!

-Andrew

Re:63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23157

Or learn to snipe.......

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23158

• joenawlins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I hear ya'll. I use to go to live auctions all the time and I concur that your emotions can get in the way of common sense. I really didn't think I was going to get it at that price but still po'd at the process. Hell it saved me a long road trip!!

Re:63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23162

Andgott wrote:

Sniped- I hate it when that happens!

....I've also had items that I'm selling driven WAY up in the last seconds by sniping- Sp as much as I hate the practice, It's sometimes nice from the sellers standpoint....

-Andrew

I know what you mean. I once had a football I paid $2 for at Goodwill jump from $432 to over $1100 in the last 8 seconds. That was fun!

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23180

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
So what happens if say three bidders are all using the same Snipe service? Is it chronologicaly determined by the snipe service or is there a tie.I guess I would do as Andgott stated and put the max you want to pay in and look away untill its over.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23184

I do not under using this snipe.

I just put in what you are willing to pay for an item and forget it till after the auction...using Ebay"s system

The bid I put in was say was for $100 and the item is at $40 the my bid would be $40.50

If some other bids $70.23 then my bid will go up to $70.73

Why should I pay more for what is already on the system...All sniped does id hold out on bidding to the last few sec...if you posted what you wanted to pay and snipe is higher you still lose....then again if you are higher then what sniped was to bid you still win

post your bid for what you want to pay and walk away till Ebay sends you an email that you won or lost

You can have the "you have been out bid" removed from sending you emails

CAVU

Re:63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23185

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member

classicfins wrote:

I know what you mean. I once had a football I paid $2 for at Goodwill jump from $432 to over $1100 in the last 8 seconds. That was fun!

I want to shop at YOUR goodwill!

TallTexan wrote:
I do not under using this snipe.

The advantage is it doesn't start bidding until the very end of the auction- So the price doesn't get increased until the last seconds. If you enter a max bid sooner, someone might 'bid it up' well before the end of the auction- For example, had Joe seen the price go up to $520 a few minutes before the end of the auction, he MIGHT have increased his minimum bid... And paid more. But, since the 'snipe' was at the last second, he didn't have time to react to it- And the 'sniper' won.

It is impossible to tell how high the sniping bidder went (unless they are among us!), but it could have been a LOT higher than what they finally paid. Sniping only increases your bid to whatever maximum you need to win.

I still think it's a little shady, but it works! E-Bay doesn't officially condone it, but they can't be too against it, or I'm sure that they would have found some way to block it by now!

Re:63 Johnson 13 years 8 months ago #23198

Andgott wrote:

classicfins wrote:

I want to shop at YOUR goodwill!

lol.. it was a 1968 AFL game ball for the Houston Oilers and Denver Broncos. I just got lucky. lol

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6636 guests and 2 members online