• Page:

TOPIC: John's Boat

John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23121

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I was going to e-mail this to Mr Gibson privately, but thought I would share it with the group. The lump on the left is John's new Devil Ray, the lump on the right is my Tomahawk (the lump behind the table is a 10 ft inflatable - need a contemporary 8-15 hp engine if anybody knows of one in New England). Obviously John, it's here for a while. We'll start the move when the snow melts.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23122

A bit of snow eh Todd?

Frank

Re:John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23131

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
got a little dusting around here
Attachments:

Re:John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23154

lol,thanks todd,and im in no hurry yet,lol,i wouldnt want you guys transporting it in this weather.i dont want anyone hurt.
after frank picks it up,tim calmes is going to go get it,i was talking to him about a motor hes redoing for me and said he would love to go visit frank,then put the devil ray in his boat storage for me,since i have to go up and get the motor hes working on for me,and another motor hes doing for my father in law anyway.
i want to thank you guys from the botom of my heart.
i also want to thank stashm2(jessie)for the offer to get the boat from frank and bring it closer,thanks jessie,but like i said tim is going to take it to his storage facility,and there he can determine which motor to rebuild for it.
you are all great friends,for helping out ,this weather is hurting me alot,i just found out besides my heart being damaged,that i have degenerative joint (bone)deasese,in my knees,back and shoulders.
my knees are swollen with lumps in them,and i cant sleep much with my shoulders and back hurting ,i have a docs appt. on jan 19th,to see just how bad they are.
but ill get both of the boats done no matter what.(1959 cutter jet de ville)and the (62 custom craft devil ray).
so thanks to brian,frank jessie and tim,your great guys,you will never know how deeply i appreciate this all,john,opps!!! iment to say todd!!thank you todd! darn it was too early in the morning when i wrote this,lol,i was still half asleep,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23156

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
We got about a foot +/- here on the coast. Inland and to the west they got twice that. May go up to my mom's tonight, she's in the 2 foot range. The Aqua Ray is comfortably resting in the garage.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23168

Well I can honestly say we didn't get squat! Threatened like crazy but just sleeted a little and was gone by mid day. So far we've been lucky.

John, sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Please take care of your self and don't over do anything, it's not worth it.

Bob

Re:John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23171

thanks bob,i appreciate that,i cant do a whole lot anyhow,all i have to heat my little garage is a 20 lb.propane tank heater and 2 electric heaters,i had to put my boats outside so i could put my lawn tractor and my mini back hoe in it,so when i need to plow snow i can heat it up enough to start the mini hoe.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23172

boy am i feeling stupid,in my 1st post i ment to thank todd!but it was very early and i was half asleep,lol,i dont know where my mind was,so thank you so much todd,and thanks for covering it too!!,john

---Mark Twain

Re:John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23186

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
If it makes you feel any better, I'm not getting any work done on my Glasspar since it's under 5" of snow... AND, on top of that, the UPS shipments I've been waiting for to get my upholstery work done have been delayed 3 days now by the weather (why is it that EVERYONE but UPS can get here??)..

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, John- Hopefully they'll figure something out for you- I'm sure they will. You've got boats to finish up, after all. That Custom Craft is going to be a sweet ride when you're done with her!

-Andrew

Re:John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23193

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Very sorry to hear about the new diagnosis John, if anybody ever deserved a break you do! Hang in there buddy, I hope they come up with a remedy or cure soon.

Andrew, you may want to call your local UPS hub and ask if you can come down there and pick up your upholstery supplies. (Assuming you can get there.) It's supposed to warm up some this weekend, so maybe they'll make it to you soon. Looking forward to your next upholstery update! ;)

Mark

Re:John's Boat 13 years 8 months ago #23194

thanks andrew,speaking of upholstery,could you start a thread of how your doing yours ,with pics?i have some to do and eed to see how to sew,lol.the sunray didnt have a stitch in it,except for the bought seats.
thanks again andrew,im sure they will figure out something after i see the doctors at the sports medicine clinique,and yep i have 2 boats to finish up,its just going to take awhile,lol,i have stools on wheels and im going to make a higher seat with rollers,john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6407 guests and one member online