Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat seat foam

Boat seat foam 13 years 8 months ago #22838

It is cold outside so I guess it is time to start on building new seats for my 68 Crestliner Maurauder. I am taking out the lounge seats and am going to build 2 bench seats for it. I am going to use plywood for the seat back and seat. I plan on using D-50 Boat firm foam, 3" thick. Has anyone here ever used this foam or have any thoughts on foam. Thanks, Skip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat seat foam 13 years 8 months ago #22852

Try looking up on youtube a show called Ship Shape TV. They had a segment on making boat seats. They showed a great foam for use in wet conditions like boats that would drain and dry much better than regular foam. I'll look for that as well and if I can find that show I'll post a link.

Mike

Re:Boat seat foam 13 years 8 months ago #22876

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
A good source of foam is Garys Upholstery-

www.garysupholstery.com/

They've got pretty good prices. They have several varieties for outdoor applications.

The stuff I'm using is an open cell foam- It is a LOT cheaper than closed cell. Water will pass in to open cell foam, but is passes right through this stuff, it's not like a sponge that absorbs it. If water DOES get in to the cushions, it'll drain right out.

With seating, you just want to make sure that it's firm enough to support you without crushing too much.

-Andrew

Re:Boat seat foam 13 years 8 months ago #22916

Thanks for the info on the foam. I am going to check that site out and see what they have. For myself it doesnt really matter too much but the wife says it better be nice and comfy for her. So I guess that means I can spend big bucks on a nice set of seats. Skip.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6547 guests and no members online