Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Premonition of summer

Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22733

Gas today - 3.30. Fillup truck - $48. Gee, can't wait for the summer, buy hi test for the old merc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22738

And diesel-$3.55-truck fill-$98.00.

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22739

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
And only going up... I ship the stuff- 2 1/2 million gallons at a time- I wish I could just pull in to port somewhere and sell it for $2.00 a gallon, then fly to Rio and enjoy retirement :)

-Andrew

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22747

3.15 in here in pa,if i could afford it it would be 110.25 to fill up,lol,andrew where do ya want to meet me,lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22751

$2.85 in lodi,n.j...i think andrew has already been here.

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22755

boy ron where ya been,i was worried you havent posted in awhile ,i was going to call you to see if you were ok,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22758

No disrespect meant but you should consider yourself lucky.

I live in Calgary, it comes out of the ground 10 miles from my house, refined 15 miles from my house and today I was charged $102.9 a liter for it.

For those wondering 4 liters are a gallon.

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22765

In Ontario about $1.15 a litre ($ 4.60 a US gal)
$130 a fill up. F350 w/ 6.8L 9 miles to the gal. OUCH!!

Crying at the pumps in Canada

Cheers
Bill

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22775

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Central Idaho
Diesel $3.54/gal. Gas at $3.49/gal.
Dodge/Cummins costing $0.14 per mile to operate,fuel only.
I own 7 boats so that may take trigonometry to figure. :( :( :(
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22776

Here in Omaha $3.12 a gal. Across the river in Iowa one mile away $2.93 a gal. Its worth the drive for any gas.

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22778

Here in LaCrosse, Wisconsin it is currently $3.14.9 for Regular. I am another old merc owner that burns Premium. Around here there is a chain of stations that adds no ethanol to the premium, so that is a double bonus. With the fuel that tower of power likes to drink, we may be doing more short, slow rides.
Bill

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22780

been kind of quiet john pining over my garage. :(

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22792

Ya know, I'm glad you guys from Canada piped in. We don't know how good we have it here in the states. Anytime I start whining about the price of gas, remind me about prices up in the great north country.

I have an electric trolling motor for the Power Cat, and may very well be using that a lot more. Never used it last year, but that is gonna change I think.

Ron, I take it you don't have a new garage up? What's up with that?

Frank

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22794

frank, the zoning officer is now saying he never told the builder that the monolithic pad/foundation was acceptable. so at this point i do not know who's lying. the builder says he has never had a town in the quad state area deny this method. its an extra $5500.00 to build a block foundation with a footer whereas the mono pad was $4600. so i'm over 10k now, just for the foundation. i currently do not have that extra money, i can get it though, but i feel like i'm really gettin a hose job from this zoning guy. i do not know him but i'm good friends with the mayor's brother. he sits alongside me at dialysis. he asked his brother to talk to him. i should hear from him today. meanwhile i put the boat back in the empty garage. i already ripped out the electric for the demo and my yard looks like sanford & son.
i'll continue this saga on the nbr forum as it develops. ron
Attachments:

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22795

Man, what a rigamarole you've been going through there Ron. I can almost see it with a new guy on the block, but that ain't you!

Best of luck to ya.

Frank

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22798

All Dunn II wrote:

Here in LaCrosse, Wisconsin it is currently $3.14.9 for Regular. I am another old merc owner that burns Premium. Around here there is a chain of stations that adds no ethanol to the premium, so that is a double bonus. With the fuel that tower of power likes to drink, we may be doing more short, slow rides.
Bill

Don't cry too much into your beers...regular 95 octane here in the UK is $7.45 a US gallon at current exchange rate. Tax makes up a huge % of that, but pleasure boating here is now for high days and holidays.

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22804

Hey Ron, foundations are expensive, what about a pole barn?
They're pretty reasonable to put up.
Here's mine, right after I poured the floor. ( sure isn't that empty now! )
Cheers
Bill
Attachments:

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22807

I gotta little 12 X 20 pole barn I'd like to put a concrete floor in and can't afford even that!

Frank

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22811

very nice bill but not allowed where i live. up in my pa. home anything goes, but i don't need it up there.

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22814

ron check out nbr,i figured out the cost of materials for it,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22832

Well, my Power Cat with twin 40 hp Larks will go all day long on both engines at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and cost $40 for a day of boating. I can do that. The 1350 on the Missile I'll reserve for calm evenings when I want a thrill ride. Even that I am pretty surprised at how little fuel I used running with Frank this fall. It's a lot more fun to be out there at half throttle anyway and enjoy the ride. At WOT things go by too fast.

Attachments:

Re:Premonition of summer 13 years 8 months ago #22873

The price for gasoline is still reasonable in the USA when compared to prices in Europe. I guess regular 95 oct. is most expensive in Dänmark? The Netherlands, were I live, is a good second. One gallon will set you back US $ 8.44 ! Based on € 1,60 a liter.
Leaded { super} gasoline, that is not available since many years ago, would have been 20% more expensive.

I need a lot of this to "feed" my vintage Mercury`s. I allready started " saving money " for the coming season, lol,as the Ford 312 and 427 interceptors of my Silver Arrows will probably be also good "consumers".

Taco.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6482 guests and no members online