Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: American Marc Boats

American Marc Boats 13 years 9 months ago #22610

Hello!

I was wondering if there were any other members out there with American Marc boats. I would love to be able to discuss what I think are the most attractive glassic boats! I would also LOVE to learn more about the history of the company-seeing as there isn't very much info out there about it.

I have a gorgeous turquoise and white Granada. It is a 1960 and is 17ft long. She is the prettiest boat out there (in my eyes). I purchased her last year as my first ever boat. Basically she's all original, on her original Gator trailer and a 1965 Evinrude 60hp. She's very solid. The only thing I'm missing are the seats-I guess I'll have to have them custom made... I hope to have her running good and out on the river by June.

Thanks! :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:American Marc Boats 13 years 9 months ago #22612

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
EdselGirl
Sounds like you have the "fever" like the rest of us.
Could you show us some pics of your American Marc?
We would love to see them.
Also to see "our" boats, go to the search forum in the upper right and type Your Current Ride. There are a couple of pages of beautiful boats in that forum.
Enjoy.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:American Marc Boats 13 years 9 months ago #22616

Wow someone else out there has a American Marc. I bought a 1961 Marc II hardtop off eBay three states away. Great boats, hand laid glass, super strong. The best thing my name is Marc.

Re:American Marc Boats 13 years 9 months ago #22619

Some history and brochures are right here on this site in the Classic Library section.

Andreas

Re:American Marc Boats 13 years 9 months ago #22627

edselgirl and marc,please post some pics,i would love to see them,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:American Marc Boats 13 years 9 months ago #22628

edselgirl,here ya go,very nice boats,very cool! www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Americanmarcb60006.jpg
john,ooopps! i just saw your profile pic you already have this pic,lol,sorry john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:American Marc Boats 13 years 9 months ago #22636

Re:American Marc Boats 13 years 9 months ago #22638

wow marc,that is one cool looking boat,thanks for showing it,very cool,john

---Mark Twain

Re:American Marc Boats 13 years 8 months ago #22654

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Two very cool boats. I really like the seats in the ad for Edselgirl's Granada and should be easy to replicate.More photos please.

Melanie

Re:American Marc Boats 13 years 7 months ago #26518

Thanks for all the responses-I really enjoyed hearing from all you guys! :lol: I will definately post some pictures as soon as the weather gets nicer.

And Marc, congrats on your Marc! Hahaha. I think I almost bid on your hardtop!!! That's a real nice lookin' boat too. Good luck with it!

Thanks for the link to the picture John!

And yes, thanks Andreas, I got to check out the American Marc section and I learned quite a bit about the company!

Melonie, I sure hope those seats will be easy to make! They are very good looking seats.

I'm glad to know that there are more people out there who love American Marc boats!!!

Oh, and certainly do have the fever! Now I'm just itching for spring so I can go out and get working on her to have her ready to hit the river come summertime!

Thanks so much everyone!

Re:American Marc Boats 13 years 7 months ago #26519

Thanks for sharing! That's one good looking boat!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5885 guests and 2 members online