Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1958 or 1959 Red Fish Deluxe

1958 or 1959 Red Fish Deluxe 13 years 9 months ago #22578

Just new to this site so first Happy New Year to all! With that, I have been given a Red Fish boat with the original motor and a trailer (looks like as old as the boat). I am not sure if it is a 1958/59 or later. The motor is Mark 58 Iekhaefer and apparently running when they parked it years ago. It is missing the windshield, gauges, seats and maybe some hardware but the steering wheel, Quicksilver controls are still there. Now, is there a site where one can get parts for these boats and motors as I would like to take this project on this summer? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1958 or 1959 Red Fish Deluxe 13 years 9 months ago #22590

That's an excellent candidate for a full restoration. If you're going to put the time & money into a boat - it might as well be a cool one.

Have fun with it.

Re:1958 or 1959 Red Fish Deluxe 13 years 9 months ago #22593

Welcome Jim,
You definatly came to the right place. The guys at the Mercury Outpost will be able to answer any questions you will have about the motor. You will attract attention and get plenty of help with that sharp looking boat.
Good luck with your project.
Bill

Re:1958 or 1959 Red Fish Deluxe 13 years 9 months ago #22594

There are no stores that I am aware of for these old boats. I wish! I am gearing up to restore my 59RF in the spring as well. I keep an eye on Ebay, kijiji, forums and the like. However, I am fortunate that most of my boat is original except now for the windshield and controls. Looks like your Shark is in decent shape. Was it built in Muskoka? It is definately pre 1960.
Andrew (fellow canuck)

Re:1958 or 1959 Red Fish Deluxe 13 years 9 months ago #22611

Wow! That's a gorgeous little boat! Good luck with it! :)

Re:1958 or 1959 Red Fish Deluxe 13 years 8 months ago #22637

Great look boat, If you can post a few more pics I'll try to help it looks like a 59 based on the metal caps on the fins, a pic of where the windshield mounts will help

Re:1958 or 1959 Red Fish Deluxe 13 years 8 months ago #22640

welcome jim,that sure is a nice one,i always loved the lines of the redfish boats,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6629 guests and no members online