• Page:

TOPIC: Boat Find

Boat Find 13 years 9 months ago #22576

• jtw37
  • jtw37's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I had to make a trip to Menard's yesterday. While I was out I about a week ago I spotted a boat that I wanted to have a look at. So figured I'd go have a look. Well I missed the road that I remembered it was on. So anyway, found myself in an area that I hadn't been for a long time and figured i would just have a look around and I ran across another vintage boat. here's some pics. The Cell phone really sucks, so I have to go pick up some powder for a powder coating job I have to do and I will get some better pics of it. Enjoy.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat Find 13 years 9 months ago #22583

I like that boat. More pics, please

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Boat Find 13 years 9 months ago #22617

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
jtw37
Grab it, grab it up, thats a Merc tower!!! :)
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Boat Find 13 years 8 months ago #22703

• jtw37
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay made my third pass by this boat and finally got some more decent pics and got to talk to the owner. He said it was an 84. I'm not sure. He's had it for quite awhile. Said he thought it was and 80 hp, but I figured it was a 70hp. Don't know much else. Ask about selling. May be interested. Asked about bartering powder coating on his motorcycle and he sounded interested. So who knows.

Re:Boat Find - also found these 13 years 8 months ago #22975

• jtw37
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
While I was out looking for another boat, I ran across a few in one guys yard. Don't want to sell any of them, at this point. Go figure.

Seen this one on the way back to the house. Kinda far away.

Re:Boat Find 13 years 8 months ago #22977

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Those old gals need put back in the water.
There are thousands of folks that would like a nice little boat to enjoy and these are just sitting rotting away. Shame.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Boat Find 13 years 8 months ago #22980

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Neil wrote:

There are thousands of folks that would like a nice little boat to enjoy and these are just sitting rotting away. Shame.

X2
Guy will let them completly rot. Then maybe try to sell them. Or worse yet try and take them to Davey's locker with him.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Boat Find 13 years 8 months ago #22982

Mr. 88 wrote:

Neil wrote:

X2
Guy will let them completly rot. Then maybe try to sell them. Or worse yet try and take them to Davey's locker with him.

X3

Re:Boat Find 13 years 8 months ago #22987

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
It amazes me how many people have boats like that laying around that they are going to restore and use 'someday'. And, when they do finally let them rot, and try to sell them, it always seems like they have a way overinflated idea of what it's worth. Craigslist is FULL of them

"Needs some work, Transom a little soft, but still OK. $2000.00"

Re:Boat Find 13 years 8 months ago #23022

The one I have seen lately on CL and Ebay for outboards is
"ran great until last time out" followed by "probably only needs a carb adjustment" and overpriced.

Re:Boat Find 13 years 8 months ago #23023

Last summer in CB. Iowa alittle boat yard that was broke and the city was ready to take it from the owner. 2 Manta Rays ,3or4 old Larsens, a Chris Craft about mid 50s. around 6 other early fiberglass boats and a Samoan. Offered a rather large $$$. He said no. Weeks latter I am driving by and every thing is gone . just a cat there grading the lot. Asked what happened to the boats and was told Everthing was crushed and gone to land fill. I guess we just have to keep looking and try to save what we can. I cant print here what I said to the owner when I saw him at a gas station about a month later. :angry: Skip

Re:Boat Find 13 years 8 months ago #23027

• jtw37
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
The boat at the bottom, I believe to be for sale. It has a sign in the windshield, it's just to far from the road to read. Need to see if I can get to it and see what it reads.

It's kind of funny, but I've always liked boats. Nothing in particular. Just like them all. Since last summer, I find myself searching for the older speed boats. I've always like the old cars and have a couple of my own, but never give boats much thought as vintage. Except for the old wood Chris Craft's. You gotta love those. I did restore an old wooden boat back in about the early 70's. Can't remember much about it. It was just something I wanted to do. Didn't keep it long, as the wife didn't much care for the idea of being out on the water cause she don't swim. It was a pretty neat boat. Just wasn't into that, except for fishing.

Since I got the Cathedral Tri Hull, last fall, I've gotten bitten by the vintage boat bug. It's almost the same with old cars. You get them and you just have to make something out of them and bring them back to life. But I have to be careful, as the wife told me that I have to realize that I can't save them all. She was referring to the cars, so I have to be a bit cautious about the boat thing. But I do plan on getting her out on the Tri Hull this summer and let her see how enjoyable it can be. Anyway the old boy with all the boats in his yard claims he is going to be selling them in the spring. We shall see. My son would like to have the little Sea King. But who knows? Anyway, enough blabbing on my part. Stay dry & good boating to you. JT

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6644 guests and 2 members online