Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to the board and happy to be here!

New to the board and happy to be here! 13 years 9 months ago #22365

Hi,
I'm new to the forum but not to fiberglassics. My name is Willie. WetWillie, on here, and I live and boat in NE TN. The Tri-Cities, to be exact, which puts me within about 50 miles of 5 beautiful lakes. I love vintage boats whether they be metal or glass. FWIW, I'm on my 2nd FeatherCraft,a Rocket, and my #? Glastron, an Anniversary Edition '82 SSV-151. I thought I'd introduce myself and wish all the other members out there, a very happy and safe new year.
Wet Willie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New to the board and happy to be here! 13 years 9 months ago #22367

Welcome WetWillie.
This site is the best. Everybody is very helpful and friendly.
I'm from northern MI so we have to put our boats away a little sooner.
Besides all the advice I get during the summer months this site gets me through the off season too. I have fiberglass and aluminum boats. Plus my pride and joy Homelite Been an active member since 99.
Attachments:

Re:New to the board and happy to be here! 13 years 9 months ago #22369

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard, WW. Great to see another member from the South Eastern area here. Several of us have been kicking around the idea of getting together one weekend next summer for an informal "wet meet". You interested? Please share some pics of your aquatic treasures with us when you get a chance.

Mark

Re:New to the board and happy to be here! 13 years 9 months ago #22372

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Welcome WW
You will find a great bunch of folks and a lot of helpful info here.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:New to the board and happy to be here! 13 years 9 months ago #22390

welcome ww,the people here are the greatest folks you will ever find,show us some pics,we love pics,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:New to the board and happy to be here! 13 years 9 months ago #22392

Hi guys and thanks for the hospitality! I'd definitely be interested in attending a wet meet next Summer there, Mark S. I attended the classic Glastron meets near Knoxville when I had an '86 Glastron/Carlson CVX-16. It was alot of fun and you can imagine my surprise when a picture of my boat ended up in the following yr's calender. I also try to attend the bi-annual Antique Outboard Motor Association rally when held. I brought my 1st FeatherCraft to one of the 1st meets and, I guess, started something by doing so. There'd be more FCs in attendence each meet there after. There had to have been over 25 there last yr. Incredible!
ElginDave, FWIW, a Homelite 55 has been on my "wish list" for over a decade. My dad bought a new one when I was a kid and we both loved that motor. He/we ran it on the Hudson River every chance we could. Eventually, he traded it in on a newer one. Ironically, I went to work at Homelite's R&D lab after graduating from college. Yeah, I definitely have a soft spot for the ol 55's.
Pics to follow good buddies!
Wet Willie

Re:New to the board and happy to be here! 13 years 9 months ago #22393

Hi guys and thanks for the hospitality! I'd definitely be interested in attending a wet meet next Summer there, Mark S. I attended the classic Glastron meets near Knoxville when I had an '86 Glastron/Carlson CVX-16. It was alot of fun and you can imagine my surprise when a picture of my boat ended up in the following yr's calender. I also try to attend the bi-annual Antique Outboard Motor Association rally when held. I brought my 1st FeatherCraft to one of the 1st meets and, I guess, started something by doing so. There'd be more FCs in attendence each meet there after. There had to have been over 25 there last yr. Incredible!
ElginDave, FWIW, a Homelite 55 has been on my "wish list" for over a decade. My dad bought a new one when I was a kid and we both loved that motor. He/we ran it on the Hudson River every chance we could. Eventually, he traded it in on a newer one. Ironically, I went to work at Homelite's R&D lab after graduating from college. Yeah, I definitely have a soft spot for the ol 55's.
Pics to follow good buddies!
Wet Willie

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6659 guests and no members online